Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Craving sweets 3 weeks after sleeve

I'm still on full liquids, but SF Jello, SF popsicles, and changing up my Protein Shake flavors seems to help keep cravings at bay. Maybe try some SF pudding or freeze a shake to make it more creamy? I've hear others add a spoonful of SF pudding mix into their Protein Shakes for a treat. Just hang in there, the cravings will pass and you'll be able to eat "normal" foods in time!

I've been craving sweets and cheese. Today was my first "solid" food (Two week post-op) and now that I ate a cheese stick and about a T of refried Beans, I no longer am craving anything except Water. Maybe that will work for you? I mean, in my head if I think about a cheesecake it sounds delicious, but I feel too stuffed to eat anything.

Hey what type of cheese? I mixed banna and milk helped my craving . Although im craving fastfood like crazy im sticking to fish/mashpotato/eggs as my current diet - i am wondering what other foods you guys reccomend? I really wana eat a sandwich or Rice Soup dish

I don't know if you have cheese sticks per say in Egypt, but mozzarella cheese is pretty easy to eat. I don't know too much about the cheeses available in Egypt but any not too hard, mild cheese should work well. Or Beans mashed up are good. I'm so sorry I don't know about the foods available in Egypt, as I've never been there (I want to go!), but do you have tinned/canned fish? Not sardines, but like tuna or something that's mushy? Ground/minced meat is good with some seasonings as long as it's moist, according to my surgery center. Good luck!

We have all types of foods here :D people here are food Lovers so the sleeve surgery is a huge hit here , but Ye i hate how sardines taste - ive been eating many tuna and
Mash potatoes and sugar free Apple juice/ Water. I was 145 kilos when i did my Surgery then 135 but when i checked yesterday i was 137 i had my surgery 9/9 i read there is a 3 week slow period due to low Protein ? I have my Vitamin meds+ daily Protein Shake so no clue where the extra calories came from i should walk more just been too busy! - meats is week 4 for me Ground beef and roasted/boiled chicken. Thanks for your comments and support wish you all well

Weight can bounce up and down, and the three week slow down isn't due to Protein levels, based on what I've read, just from your body going "woah! what's going on here?!" That can last 1-3 weeks, from what I've heard. I'm at 2.5 weeks and my weight loss is already slower than it was the first 2 weeks.

I've been to a lot of countries (Maybe 33? 35?) and I know that the cheeses available vary a lot, and I don't remember seeing cheese sticks most places, but for me one of the things I like about going to other countries is trying foods we DON'T have in the USA, so maybe I just didn't look!

Yesterday was my first day on solid food and I ate a cheese stick, a tablespoon of refried Beans with a tiny bit of mozzarella, and a few tablespoons of tuna. We aren't supposed to eat a lot of carbs, so no mashed potatoes.