Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve LA Self Pay

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has had their gastric sleeve done in Los Angeles, self paid (how much) and which doctor you ultimate went with. I really would like to get it done, however, I don't qualify through insurance. I'm only a 33/34 BMI, my blood pressure is high, but not high enough, my cholesterol is high, but not high enough, and i don't have any of the other obesity related qualifers. Before delving into my options in Mexico, wanted to find out if Los Angeles would be a viable option (I know it won't be the cheapest but wanted to see how much it could be). Thanks!!

Are you 100% certain you are using your correct height. We shrink as we age and I was shorter than I thought and my dr’s apparently haven’t measured me in a while either because I was shorter than their records. Turned out I had a 35 BMI almost exactly.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Don’t stand up super straight when they measure you.

7 hours ago, Elidh said:

Don’t stand up super straight when they measure you.

I laughed when I read that because I got measured recently and I was trying to stretch as much as I could because I knew they would use it to calculate my BMI. She actually measured me 1/2 taller and I knew it wasn't quite accurate but hey, when you are 4'11", another 1/2 in counts. When I used to actually be 4'11 1/2" I'd just round it off to 5'. For some reason that sounded better to me!

I think it's funny how we know all the tricks to influence our statistics!

Anybody remember before we got digital scales how you could shave a little off your weight depending where you stood on the scale? Yep, we did that!

I've also heard that folks have sometimes worn ankle weights to increase BMI. Just sayin'.....