Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Surgery Scheduled at Blossom Bariatrics, Las Vegas

I am scheduled for surgery September 25th (original date was July 3rd). What are your dates and stories or concerns? Mine is so overwhelming, I felt the need share the happiness, blessings and fears.

🙏Pre-op labs, upper GI, and stress test start September 23. My biggest fear is not passing one of the tests to be cleared for surgery. I had to reschedule once already due to newly revealed diabetes and liver disease that showed in my PC doctors labs (the rule is only one time 2 weeks prior to pre-op date to reschedule or I loose my deposit). My A1C was 0.9 to high to be cleared for surgery. I am grateful requested these test way ahead to see where I stood and also receive medical care to go safely into surgery.

Long story short, I had none of these specific medical issues prior to getting Covid in February. So, that being said, I am fearful of what may show on the Stress Test (heart concern due to Covid and no insurance to test ahead), if my lungs are good (Covid fear again), the upper endoscopy (I have had GERD in the past unsure if there is damage) and finally as I said previously newly diagnosed liver disease which I am unsure of the status of how bad it is yet.

The A1C is the ONLY thing I feel I am in control of to some degree. Monitoring daily and logging my numbers have shown to be on average below 145 daily since May 29th. In addition to following my Doctor's low-carb, high Protein and no sugar diet along with prescribed Metformin. The testing show 3-6 months previous. So I am hoping putting 4 months between these tests will greatly reduce my A1C. I will re-test about 4 weeks prior to surgery. I will be doing the surgeon requested liver shrinking diet (like most of you have) 1 month prior to surgery. I am positive if I am proactive in following it as prescribed that the A1C diabetes test will be one less thing to be concerned about.

Have any of you been diagnosed with liver disease and done this liver shrinking diet and not been able to have surgery? The surgery out-patient not in the hospital so they will only preform laparoscopic surgery. Hence, my added concerns. 🤦‍♀️

Have any of you had surgery recently at Blossom Bariatrics? My procedure will be done in Las Vegas at Blossom Bariatrics. Due to the fact I am a cash patient my options are fewer. I unfortunately, have no health insurance and my family is refinancing their home so that I can get this procedure done. That scares me, adds to my pressure to do everything right, and makes me feel loved/blessed all at once.

Sorry for so many details but I felt the need to share a lot of my story. Thank you in advance for sharing. 😄

I can't speak for everyone, but given the bariatric community is composed of mainly obese to morbidly obese individuals, even if undiagnosed, I would bet the vast majority of people have some sort of fatty liver, liver disease, NASH, etc. My surgeon said virtually as much at one of our appointments.

I also asked her about whether she would abort the surgery if my liver was too fatty (she would), but she said that she had no worries about me, because I'd been losing weight prior to surgery (which it looks like you are), I did the pre-op liquid diet for 10 days (sounds like you are going to do at least some length of liquid diet), and she said generally people who have livers too fatty to actually do surgery have BMIs in the 60s. You don't have your stats listed, but assuming that is you in your profile picture, it doesn't seem that you are in that category.

Edited by FutureSkyDiver

17 hours ago, FutureSkyDiver said:

I can't speak for everyone, but given the bariatric community is composed of mainly obese to morbidly obese individuals, even if undiagnosed, I would bet the vast majority of people have some sort of fatty liver, liver disease, NASH, etc. My surgeon said virtually as much at one of our appointments.

I also asked her about whether she would abort the surgery if my liver was too fatty (she would), but she said that she had no worries about me, because I'd been losing weight prior to surgery (which it looks like you are), I did the pre-op liquid diet for 10 days (sounds like you are going to do at least some length of liquid diet), and she said generally people who have livers too fatty to actually do surgery have BMIs in the 60s. You don't have your stats listed, but assuming that is you in your profile picture, it doesn't seem that you are in that category.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share this with me! You have no idea how this information helped lift a weight. 🤗 I am currently at a BMI of 54 and still loosing weight. Thanks for pointing out that my stats were not showing everything. I will be updating that today. Yes, the picture is of me currently.

I will be doing 2 Protein Shake meals and one Protein and non-starchy vegetable. This is what the surgeon has requested I start a month out from surgery.

Thank you so much again for reaching out and sharing. I am wishing you a wonderful new lifestyle journey with amazing results!

Hi Newlife2021, I am scheduled with Blossom on 9/29/2021. I am doing the same pre-op meal plan that you are on. How are you doing with it?

8 hours ago, CtotheTina21 said:

Hi Newlife2021, I am scheduled with Blossom on 9/29/2021. I am doing the same pre-op meal plan that you are on. How are you doing with it?

Hello CtotheTina21

YAYYY!! We are close to being surgery twins!! I will be checking out of the hotel on the 27th. We will just 😲 miss each other unless your check in is sooner. I will be there 22nd through 27th.

The pre-op meals are going good. It is getting boring..lol BUT the cravings and hunger are less and I am learning what things in my life trigger cravings. Cheese..OMG beautiful Cheese:372_cheese: I miss so much!! A gallon of Water a day! 🥛 That made the biggest difference for me. How is it going for you?

I started earlier to help me get to feeling better. It has helped a lot! I also lost just shy of 45 pounds since June.

I look forward to this Journey. So excited your reached out!

Hi!! I check in on the 26th. Pre op is going well although I’ve got to get more Water in. I started a bit earlier than requested too but getting liquids in is my biggest hurdle. What Protein are you using? It is getting boring but I’ve been trying different flavors. I’m thinking of giving the chicken protein broth a try to give the other stuff a rest.

8 minutes ago, CtotheTina21 said:

Hi!! I check in on the 26th. Pre op is going well although I’ve got to get more Water in. I started a bit earlier than requested too but getting liquids in is my biggest hurdle. What Protein are you using? It is getting boring but I’ve been trying different flavors. I’m thinking of giving the chicken Protein broth a try to give the other stuff a rest.

Oh so we may see each other! I will be walking a lot after surgery. From what I understand all Blossom patients are on the same floor of the hotel.

I am currently using Premier Protein. I have tried banana, chocolate Peanut Butter, chocolate, vanilla, Cookies and cream, café latte, and caramel. My favorites are the first 4 listed. The others were tolerable. I have recently started adding 1 cup of Decaf coffee to 1/2 of my vanilla shake and the other half I blend until it is frothy and add it will cinnamon over ice. My proffee 😄 I am going to try adding vanilla to Passion Tazo tea next over ice. I have been told its good! Also with strawberry shake.

What have you tried? Let me know what kind of chicken protein broth you use and how it taste.

Hi Ladies,

I had surgery at Blossom on June 1st. I’m happy to answer any questions you have. It was a great experience.

sleeved at Blossom 4 months ago. Im also happy to answer any questions you might have. GOOD LUCK!

Overall experience? I’m scheduled for 9/29.

First off CONGRATULATIONS!
Blossom was a really incredible experience. They take all the stress out of the entire thing, the hotel is nice and comfortable too. Each driver you have and just about every person you come in contact with there has had the surgery so ask them about their experiences too! Everyone is really patient but they are busy so it’s best to have questions ready to ask. I enjoyed my experience there.
I had a surprise hernia repair that was quite painful to recover from but if it wasn’t for that I don’t think the recovery would have been as tough as it was but the nurses that come to the hotel act quickly and make you comfortable so it’s not terrible just be sure you take someone with you that can help you.

I feel great I’m 4 months post opp and 67 lbs down! Enjoy the pool, enjoy the process, talk ask questions and try to relax when you can. I promise you will be okay and Blossom is going to surprise you! Feel free to ask me any other questions you have.

GOOD LUCK

M

I am scheduled for surgery September 25th (original date was July 3rd). What are your dates and stories or concerns? Mine is so overwhelming, I felt the need share the happiness, blessings and fears.
[emoji120]Pre-op labs, upper GI, and stress test start September 23. My biggest fear is not passing one of the tests to be cleared for surgery. I had to reschedule once already due to newly revealed diabetes and liver disease that showed in my PC doctors labs (the rule is only one time 2 weeks prior to pre-op date to reschedule or I loose my deposit). My A1C was 0.9 to high to be cleared for surgery. I am grateful requested these test way ahead to see where I stood and also receive medical care to go safely into surgery.
Long story short, I had none of these specific medical issues prior to getting Covid in February. So, that being said, I am fearful of what may show on the Stress Test (heart concern due to Covid and no insurance to test ahead), if my lungs are good (Covid fear again), the upper endoscopy (I have had GERD in the past unsure if there is damage) and finally as I said previously newly diagnosed liver disease which I am unsure of the status of how bad it is yet.
The A1C is the ONLY thing I feel I am in control of to some degree. Monitoring daily and logging my numbers have shown to be on average below 145 daily since May 29th. In addition to following my Doctor's low-carb, high Protein and no sugar diet along with prescribed Metformin. The testing show 3-6 months previous. So I am hoping putting 4 months between these tests will greatly reduce my A1C. I will re-test about 4 weeks prior to surgery. I will be doing the surgeon requested liver shrinking diet (like most of you have) 1 month prior to surgery. I am positive if I am proactive in following it as prescribed that the A1C diabetes test will be one less thing to be concerned about.
Have any of you been diagnosed with liver disease and done this liver shrinking diet and not been able to have surgery? The surgery out-patient not in the hospital so they will only preform laparoscopic surgery. Hence, my added concerns. [emoji2356]
Have any of you had surgery recently at Blossom Bariatrics? My procedure will be done in Las Vegas at Blossom Bariatrics. Due to the fact I am a cash patient my options are fewer. I unfortunately, have no health insurance and my family is refinancing their home so that I can get this procedure done. That scares me, adds to my pressure to do everything right, and makes me feel loved/blessed all at once.
Sorry for so many details but I felt the need to share a lot of my story. Thank you in advance for sharing. [emoji1]

I am scheduled there Nov 17! Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using BariatricPal mobile app

First off CONGRATULATIONS!
Blossom was a really incredible experience. They take all the stress out of the entire thing, the hotel is nice and comfortable too. Each driver you have and just about every person you come in contact with there has had the surgery so ask them about their experiences too! Everyone is really patient but they are busy so it’s best to have questions ready to ask. I enjoyed my experience there.
I had a surprise hernia repair that was quite painful to recover from but if it wasn’t for that I don’t think the recovery would have been as tough as it was but the nurses that come to the hotel act quickly and make you comfortable so it’s not terrible just be sure you take someone with you that can help you.
I feel great I’m 4 months post opp and 67 lbs down! Enjoy the pool, enjoy the process, talk ask questions and try to relax when you can. I promise you will be okay and Blossom is going to surprise you! Feel free to ask me any other questions you have.
GOOD LUCK
M
How was the flight afterwards? This is my main fear [emoji32]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there!!

so my first flight was 5.5 hours then the second was 3. We barely made it to my second flight because I did not use a wheel chair. USE A WHEELCHAIR if you can and have someone get you where you need to go. I ended up nearly running and it was awful.Blossom gives you these leg compressors that were really great to use just make sure they are charged. I wore a long maxi dress to be comfy in and it hid the leg compressors. Blossom will give you paperwork that will allow you to check in and get through security with them on. It’s not perfect but it’s really not bad. Honestly. Can you believe how fast the week went?!! I’m really excited for you. It’s going to change EVERYTHING.

Can’t wait to hear how you are doing!