Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

In need of some encouraging words or advise. Im 8 months post op and have lost 116 pounds. I think I have hit a Plateau on my weight. And I’m feeling defeated and upset. My surgeon said I’m doing amazing and he’s proud. My Vitamin levels are good, diabetic free and no more high blood pressure. But I still feel lost. My goal weight is 140. It seems impossible at this point. I need 134 pounds to go. Sometimes I feel like I’m being to hard on myself. But some people lose so much more at 8 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mrsC1971 said:

In need of some encouraging words or advise. Im 8 months post op and have lost 116 pounds. I think I have hit a Plateau on my weight. And I’m feeling defeated and upset. My surgeon said I’m doing amazing and he’s proud. My Vitamin levels are good, diabetic free and no more high blood pressure. But I still feel lost. My goal weight is 140. It seems impossible at this point. I need 134 pounds to go. Sometimes I feel like I’m being to hard on myself. But some people lose so much more at 8 months.

And some people loose a lot less... it just takes them longer...but if you stick to it it will work!!! Excellent news re your health improvement and your lab results.

Well done you...stick at it!

( now I have to repeat this to myself.!!!!!@..guess for some it's a marathon rather than a sprint..but if we stick to it goals are always possible)

Hugs and best wishes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have any non number victories? e.g can walk around places no longer getting winded, able to sit in a chair you werent able to before? you need to focus on those just as much if not more than the actual numbers. im only a month post op, for the first 3 weeks i lost nothing and then the 4th week i lost 6pounds, weight loss is not linear, keep doing what you are doing and sooner or later you will start losing weight again. in saying that congratz on losing 116! that is amazing in just 8 months!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on your success so far!! Don't forget to Celebrate how much you've already accomplished. I know it's hard to pat yourself on the back when you feel you're so far from your goal, but try to give yourself a thank you - whether it's a new outfit, getting a friend to give you a mani-pedi, or just a new haircut, celebrate the milestones along the way.

You'll get there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! You have lost 116 lbs and improved your overall health dramatically! Think about all the things you are able to do now, that you were unable to do 116 lbs ago and build on that! You got this and sounds like you have a great doctor who is encouraging and supportive.

Celebrate you on this incredible accomplishment! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd lost way less than 116 lbs at eight months out, so you're much further ahead than I was at that point.

My stalls became more frequent and lasted longer the further out I went - and my weight loss slowed to a crawl. But I kept at it regardless, and I ended up losing all of my excess weight, over 200 lbs. It took 20 months in total.

in short, don't give up yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't give up that is amazing I am 18 months out and have lost only 75lbs. It took about 6 months for the head to catch up to the stomach. But the things I can do now. I try not to look at number but how I feel.

I would do it all over again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you set any NON scale goals for yourself?? My dr had me fill out a form with such goals for times of stalls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

116 lbs. ago you were probably desperate to be where you are now. Don't lose sight of what you have accomplished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all so much ! I appreciate your words. And I’m proud of your accomplishments as well on this weight loss journey. It’s not easy but definitely possible. You guys are right I will keep going and will be proud of what I have lost so far. Xoxo 😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/27/2021 at 01:57, bumblebee13 said:



Do you have any non number victories? e.g can walk around places no longer getting winded, able to sit in a chair you werent able to before? you need to focus on those just as much if not more than the actual numbers. im only a month post op, for the first 3 weeks i lost nothing and then the 4th week i lost 6pounds, weight loss is not linear, keep doing what you are doing and sooner or later you will start losing weight again. in saying that congratz on losing 116! that is amazing in just 8 months!!!


Yes you’re right 🙌🏼 I can do so much now it amazes me. I get excited now to go places and walk. And I love to get ready again. Thank you for your words 💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/27/2021 at 03:06, lizonaplane said:



Congrats on your success so far!! Don't forget to Celebrate how much you've already accomplished. I know it's hard to pat yourself on the back when you feel you're so far from your goal, but try to give yourself a thank you - whether it's a new outfit, getting a friend to give you a mani-pedi, or just a new haircut, Celebrate the milestones along the way.




You'll get there!


Yes thank you so much. I actually did dye my hair and I’m super happy now to get ready and go places. Thank you for your words💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/27/2021 at 05:02, catwoman7 said:



I'd lost way less than 116 lbs at eight months out, so you're much further ahead than I was at that point.




My stalls became more frequent and lasted longer the further out I went - and my weight loss slowed to a crawl. But I kept at it regardless, and I ended up losing all of my excess weight, over 200 lbs. It took 20 months in total.




in short, don't give up yet!


Thank you so much for your words and congratulations on your weight loss as well. Love it hear it 💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on losing 116 pounds, that is awesome! I am 3 days out and it is inspiring to hear how far you have come. You can reach your goal! So glad you have also noticed the NSV's, too. Looking forward to more updates as you continue to get to your goal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Miamibigjr

      1 year

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Miamibigjr

      Almost 1 year post opp
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • HaseenS

      Has anyone had problems with the bariatric miltivitamin? I am struggling to get them down. If they don't make me throw up, they make me feel sick to my stomach!! Does anyone do something different when it comes to vitamins?
      · 1 reply
      1. Mo'Nique

        Vitamin patches work wonderful. They are some what expensive but the only thing I can use

    • Kris10_78

      Any tips on what I should have on hand the first week post op? 
      2 days away!!!!!
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Kaguragetshealthy_87

      What I've learned this last 2 weeks is consistent. That's I've been able to lose a pound here and there. This morning sucked it was 48 degrees but I am working on being consistent and sticking to it. Am perfectly sticking to it? Hell no but I'm working my ass off!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×