Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having nausea problems

Since my surgery I’ve felt good. No nausea or pains. But the last couple days anytime. I even think about eating I feel sick. If I try to eat it’s hard to swallow because I feel like throwing up. Anything I have managed to eat/drink feels like lead in my stomach. Anyone else experienced this?

Are you eating anything new? I discovered that I'd developed a wheat allergy after surgery (found out around 6 months post op) and when I have something with even trace amounts of wheat in it I get unbearable nausea and sometimes stomach pain. If it's more than trace amounts I have what is akin to dumping syndrome along with hives that include welts. There is only something like a 3% chance of developing either a wheat allergy or celiac disease after surgery, so that's likely not your problem, but I'm just mentioning my own experience. It could also just be maybe a certain food or drink or something in the food or drinks that you're consuming that your body isn't tolerating. I'd, personally, suggest calling your surgeon to get their input or maybe going to visit the gastroenterologist.

Edited by NovaLuna

Accidental double post. Ignore this one lol

Edited by NovaLuna
dang double post

I also have alot of nausea, chewable vitamins make me shudder, Protein Shakes are becoming intolerable, only being able to eat 1-2 tablespoons of food before i feel ill, Im wondering if its in my head of if my body is having a hissy fit. Hopefully it will pass as will yours, ive been eating alot of mashed potato recently and maybe thats not helping? but it was my favorite food before WLS so..

I would mention this to your surgery center. I would also track your foods to see if, like @NovaLuna said, it's specific foods that are giving you issues. Although, it sounds like you don't even feel like eating. Are you able to keep up with your liquids? If not, definitely call your surgery center right away because you don't want to get dehydrated.

could be some kind of food intolerance, or you could be developing a stricture - you're in the right time frame for one (they usually appear at 1-3 months out). I'd let your clinic know. They'll either investigate, or if they think you're OK and just have you wait it out for couple of days, at least you'll have some peace of mind.

I have a harder time eating and drinking when I forget to take my PPI (Omeprazole). It is easy to forget now because the sleeve And my new diet has really reduced the amount of acid reflux that I have. But if I go too long without taking a pill, I start to have a sensation of fullness and difficulty getting food and even Water down sometimes. Maybe it might be that for you?