Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SO NOW I am anorexic?? I hate people...

I just don't get people at all. I had people in my life that made it clear I was dangerously overweight. Well now these same damn people have accused me of being obsessive and anorexic! NO JOKE!!??? Anorexic? Please. I am not even close to that...

I am so sick of stupid people. I feel damned if you do and damned if you don't! Ugh...

Why do people insist on telling you when you should and shouldn't loose weight???

I really think that people get jealous once they see people actually lose weight. They have a lot to say when they know that you have tried everything else in the world and nothing worked and then when you finally start to get smaller...they wake up and realize that you are HOTT!!!! Oh well...they'll get over it, right. Keep up the good work. You have done a great job!

These people find your fabulous weight loss confusing and are afraid that you have lost it because of anorexia is my hunch. Tell them not to worry, that's the best you can do with such people; they will worry, however, whatever you say. It is in their nature.

Even when you are a normal HEALTHY size like an 8, people who have known you a long time probably are use to seeing the LARGER version you WERE so even a healthy size looks soooo small to them. You need to let people get use to the new you as well.

I just don't get people at all. I had people in my life that made it clear I was dangerously overweight. Well now these same damn people have accused me of being obsessive and anorexic! NO JOKE!!??? Anorexic? Please. I am not even close to that...

I am so sick of stupid people. I feel damned if you do and damned if you don't! Ugh...

Why do people insist on telling you when you should and shouldn't loose weight???

Don't know babe. When you figure it all out, let me know.

3 years later, and I still cant win.

When you are my age and have lost a lot of weight, which I did, people don't think that you are anorexic, they think that you have been ill!

When you are my age and have lost a lot of weight, which I did, people don't think that you are anorexic, they think that you have been ill!

lol...poor greeny!

I had someone comment to me the other day that I was looking good. I told them thank you and that I still had a long way to go. The other person said, "You don't need to lose too much more, you don't want to get too small." I just stood there in awe. I've got at least 130 more pounds to lose, I was speechless. I agree with what some of the others said about jealousy being a big part of it. People are just used to us being the "fat" one...........they wouldn't want us to actually start looking better than them. How superficial. Of course we want to look better, but I think it is safe to say that we're doing this mainly for our health.

LJM- I know, it irritates the mess out me. No one has the right to tell me when I need to stop, but me. I feel really bad for those that have worked so hard to get where they are, and to deal with this stuff everyday.........I can't imagine.

Hang in there Boo Boo Kitty, you look great!

Hello Everyone,

I need to interject, you are all sooooo right. Its not just limited to weight but a fat girl with a good man is still a "fat" girl, a "fat" girl with a good job is still just a fat girl..but a large weight lose does not "even" the playing field it changes the whole damn game. And yes that tends to piss people off. Remember most of us are ultra sensative (that is why we end up here). I think the first lesson to be learned is that "not everybody is your friend" no matter how friendly they seem. (this includes relatives, cousins parents and nosy neighbors)

and second if nobody knows "personal business" about you then there is nothing to "attack"...all they have left to say is "you skinny bitch"...and I would personally love to hear that!

good luck,

Lana

Hello Everyone,

I need to interject, you are all sooooo right. Its not just limited to weight but a fat girl with a good man is still a "fat" girl, a "fat" girl with a good job is still just a fat girl..but a large weight lose does not "even" the playing field it changes the whole damn game. And yes that tends to piss people off. Remember most of us are ultra sensative (that is why we end up here). I think the first lesson to be learned is that "not everybody is your friend" no matter how friendly they seem. (this includes relatives, cousins parents and nosy neighbors)

and second if nobody knows "personal business" about you then there is nothing to "attack"...all they have left to say is "you skinny bitch"...and I would personally love to hear that!

good luck,

Lana

lol...Lana I got called that a month or so ago, I was fighting for a parkign spot, I won. When I got this chick yelled out of her car "You stupid skinny bitch" I cried in the mall parking lot...lol...

I agree I see others now very differently. I feel like that robot is standing over me "Danger Will Robinson, Danger". People just can't accept change in others. But what gets my goats is most of them were the ones treating me bad before, I guess I shouldn't expect less now eh?

lol...Lana I got called that a month or so ago, I was fighting for a parkign spot, I won. When I got this chick yelled out of her car "You stupid skinny bitch" I cried in the mall parking lot...lol...

I agree I see others now very differently. I feel like that robot is standing over me "Danger Will Robinson, Danger". People just can't accept change in others. But what gets my goats is most of them were the ones treating me bad before, I guess I shouldn't expect less now eh?

I know those danger signs...and yes so to speak you are in danger! As we grow and I know getting this band will be a growth process for me our old life sluffs off, our old ways and habits, the people we once chose to spend time with may change, it is all part of the process. The thing now is we can not self protect with food we have to find courage to face it. The world is a scary place when no one likes you, it IS easier to be the fat funny girl who is never seen as a threat. But the pretty girl, the pretty smart girl, the pretty, sexy, smart girl...wow now that is a threat. And the hateful bitches of the world are happy to try and destroy that. Yes you are in danger and so am I...