Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Watching TV makes me hungry!

I just needed a place to complain, I've been noticing how almost all shows are set in a bar, a restaurant or kitchen!!! I can't even watch one of my favorite shows Bob's burgers without thinking "man a burger would be great right now!" I'm ready too change my life and I love the results I'm getting but almost all the time when I'm watching a show I want to eat something salty, crunchy, or cheesy! I've got a problem

Sent from my moto e using BariatricPal mobile app

You aren't alone! I even had to unlike pages on Facebook because I never realized how many pages I was following that revolved around food. Same with my Pinterest! I find that watching Netflix or Hulu works better for me, no food commercials!

Actually, I’m the opposite. I often find watching people eating in sitcoms, etc. a turn off now. Like ugh how can they eat that or eat that much. And I can happily binge watch cooking shows, Great British Menu, Great British Bake Off, British MasterChef (yep, much prefer the British versions) & Top Chef, without craving the food. Same with the chefs & restaurants I follow on Instagram. I think that looks delicious but that’s as far as it goes.

May be it’s a time thing - the further along you are the less impact it has.

I don't normally watch TV with commercials because I only have Netflix and Hulu at home, but I was at a hotel recently and I flipped on the TV to a cooking show and I realized the cooking wasn't making me hungry but the commercials were. It was all for junk food but the way they film the junk food is so obscene!

I have watched nothing but Netflix since my surgery because of this. At least it cuts it by half by ruling out the commercials but I agree they do eat an awful lot on tv shows and it makes me think I am hungry. I have started noticing that they eat horrible too. And the actors are mostly all thin. Makes me picture the actress spitting it out as soon as they call cut because it’s stuff they would never eat. Lol

Same. Same with my FB page. I said to my husband I think I need to snooze some of my old favorite food/recipe pages for a while as they make me fixate on food and eating. Plus it doesn't help seeing friends and family post food and drink pics from their vacations and recent outings to restaurants. LOL So really, if it all becomes too much, I just log off.

Same with Tiktok. OMG, the Devil! LOLOL Sooooooooooo much food and so many recipes come up. But some of them I end up saving for the future as they are low carb and no sugar and will work with my new way of eating.

I'm about 3 weeks post-surgery and every time I see someone eating something I won't be able to have for a few months, it makes me crave it...and it's not the items you'd think. Every time I see someone eating a salad on TV I keep thinking how good and fresh it looks meanwhile I'm over here with my 1/2 cup of plain Chobani like.... :(