Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 months post op as of May 20th. I have spoke with my doctor on calorie intake, but I’m curious what others are/where consuming at this time. Especially carbs, my doctor doesn’t like to give me a particular amounts because she says it depends are where they are coming from. For example she says I shouldn’t be too focused on the carbs that come from fruit which I understand but would still like to know a general amount. I also feel like my weight loss is starting to slow down. Lol I’m constantly stressing myself out about all of this.

I would ask your nutritionist. At 4 months out my nutritionist had me on a 600-800 calorie and 60-80 carb diet plan. But every person is different and so is their plan. Also, my weight loss slowed after 3 months. The first three months I lost fast. Then the following three months I averaged 8 pounds a month. The next 5 months following that I averaged 5 pounds a month. My average lately is about 3 pounds a month.

I'm 16 months out now so my diet plan is 900-1200 calories and 80-150 carbs per day (I try to keep my carb intake around 90 and my calories no higher than 1000 (though some days it HAS gone close to 1200). Also, my daily sodium allowance is 1200mg, but I try and get under 900mg because I retain Water like CRAZY!

Edited by NovaLuna
spelling error

Your weight loss does start to slow as you get closer to your goal. Many of us find the last pound or two the hardest & slowest to lose - can take weeks. It’s because your caloric intake is getting closer to what your body needs to burn to function so closer to your maintenance point.

I was never given calorie goals or told how many carbs I should have either. I was told portion sizes, to avoid carbs where possible & definitely no high processed carbs. Besides fruit & vegetables my carbs from less obvious sources like yoghurt or cheese, etc. The only obvious source of carbs were rolled oats (one serve lasted me 2 or 3 days so only about 10g each time I ate them).

If you’re worried, ask your dietician/nutritionalist to review your diet.

some plans are low carb, some are ultra-low carb, others really don't focus on carbs at all (like mine). I never counted carbs - I just had to be sure mine were the healthy kind (fruit, vegetables, whole grains). And yes - weight loss slows down quite a bit after the first couple of months - but stick with the program. It took me 20 months to lose all my weight, but it's G-O-N-E!