Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Long deep breath......... The last 3 weeks have been weeks of emotion. Week one discomfort wondering if its all worth it. Week 2 excitement because the pounds are coming off and the adding of full liquids. Week 3 excitement for purees and exercise, then moments of sadness and frustration when the scale didn't move wondering if I am doing something wrong. THANK GOD for this forum where just typing week 3 you she that the stalls are normal!! For those of you new to this take a few hours to just type in all your concerns questions or thoughts you will find something.

I got the go ahead to start eating "real food" and go back to the gym so super excited. I am down 17 pounds and 10 inches since day before surgery. The rate of weight loss was 12# week 1 , 4# week 2, 1# week 3....now you see the frustration LOL.

The surgery is definitely worth it! Tips that have helps with the mental aspect:

On a piece of paper write your why, then 5-6 NON weight goal i.e shopping off the rack, walking up a flight of stars post it on your mirror and check off each one as you meet them.

Remember the "old" you died on the surgery table. So what you did before is not going to be the same you are learning every day like an infant.

This is a journey not a race

Now I need help from the community:

I am supposed to add veggies to my meals but still reach my 65 gm of Protein but only eat 3 times a day with one snack...how the heck do I do that? I can only tolerate about a 1/4-1/3 cup of food. I asked the dietitian but honestly her answer was...just add then and take the food away..What the heck! ANY advice hot tips are wanted and welcomed!

Thanks in advanced!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, APRILDEE1 said:

Now I need help from the community:

I am supposed to add veggies to my meals but still reach my 65 gm of Protein but only eat 3 times a day with one snack...how the heck do I do that? I can only tolerate about a 1/4-1/3 cup of food. I asked the dietitian but honestly her answer was...just add then and take the food away..What the heck! ANY advice hot tips are wanted and welcomed!

 Thanks in advanced!

Very early on, extremely soft vegetables (almost mush) will go down easier.

Later on when you are able to eat more (volume) maybe able to pick and chose when you substitute vegetables for other things in your meals.

It takes some time but eventually you’ll get the swing of it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my vegetables but I found I could only tolerate a tiny cauliflower floret, 2 green Beans or a little shredded cabbage to begin. Everything was soft. I ate my Protein first then tried the vegetables. Some days I could eat some, others I couldn’t.

I found I could eat a few more vegetables if I put them in mince dishes, casserole type dishes & Soups - tomatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, celery, etc. I wrapped smoked salmon & cream cheese around thin batons of cucumber for a little while too (until my tummy decided salmon was bad 😁). Also added vegetables like spinach & mushrooms to cheese omelettes. You can always make steamed vegetables your snack too.

It does get easier & you’ll be able to eat more vegetables in time. Just take it slowly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2021 at 8:51 PM, Arabesque said:

I love my vegetables but I found I could only tolerate a tiny cauliflower floret, 2 green Beans or a little shredded cabbage to begin. Everything was soft. I ate my Protein first then tried the vegetables. Some days I could eat some, others I couldn’t.

I found I could eat a few more vegetables if I put them in mince dishes, casserole type dishes & Soups - tomatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, celery, etc. I wrapped smoked salmon & cream cheese around thin batons of cucumber for a little while too (until my tummy decided salmon was bad 😁). Also added vegetables like spinach & mushrooms to cheese omelettes. You can always make steamed vegetables your snack too.

It does get easier & you’ll be able to eat more vegetables in time. Just take it slowly.

I laughed when you said 2 green Beans because that was all I could eat. I try to eat a couple green beans every time I eat so at least I know I can tolerate them. These tips were just what I needed!!! Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried juicing or blending veggies? Cucumber juice is very healing. Adding a squirt of lime helps with the taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

Have you tried juicing or blending veggies? Cucumber juice is very healing. Adding a squirt of lime helps with the taste.

I have not tried juicing just because the dietitian wants me to focus on eating. I do put lemon and cucumber in my Water so I love the taste combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2021 at 11:06 AM, WanderingHeart said:

Have you tried juicing or blending veggies? Cucumber juice is very healing. Adding a squirt of lime helps with the taste.

Unfortunately when you juice fruit or vegetables you leave a lot of the goodness behind like the fibre they provide. Blending is fine cause you still consume the whole vegetable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×