Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you find a covered surgeon?

I am working on trying to find a bariatric surgeon in my area (Pittsburgh, PA) who is considered In-Network for my insurnace (Aetna), and having a little bit of a hard time. I don't know what exactly to search for on my Aetna member portal that will provide me with a list of In-Network bariatric surgeons, and so far doing a google search for local bariatric surgeons, finding the names and then searching for them in my Aetna member portal, isn't providing me with much of anything.

Is there an easier way to do this? What am I doing wrong? Or is it just that there are no In-Network bariatric surgeons near me?

TIA for any help..

Screenshot_20210411-145435_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210411-145435_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d3d7cfc9f28be3af5b8f162b67fe614e.jpg

That provides information about the Aetna quality providers etc, but I don't see where it leads to physician names.

Well thank you to both of you who responded. You gave me really good information. I'm not sure why when I log on the Aetna website, and search any of the surgeons associated with these hospitals, none of them come up, but this gives me a direction to go. Thank you for holding my hand like a child lol I don't know how I was missing all of this

I tried the Aetna website too and it was awful, but it did mention that they required an "Aetna Center for Excellence" cert, so I googled "Aetna + Pittsburgh, PA + Bariatric" and looked for those centers, since obv. they'd take Aetna insurance.

Edited by Suzi_the_Q

23 hours ago, Suzi_the_Q said:

I tried the Aetna website too and it was awful, but it did mention that they required an "Aetna Center for Excellence" cert, so I googled "Aetna + Pittsburgh, PA + Bariatric" and looked for those centers, since obv. they'd take Aetna insurance.

Well, I know that sometimes with insurance, a specific doctor may be "in network" but that doesn't mean that each hospital they have privileges with is in network, and I know that some hospitals may be in-network but that doesn't mean every doctor at that hospital is considered in-network, so I was trying to use their provider search to find an actual surgeon who was listed as in-network, just to try to make sure I had all my bases covered, and get myself set up for success as much as possible. I suppose I was just making it more difficult for myself.

Thank you. :)