Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 3 days post op and I’m getting hungry. I’m wanting more then just Clear Liquids. I have this diet for another week then I can go on full liquids. It’s getting hard for me and this is only beginning.

So I’m in my second week post op and this liquid diet is driving me up the wall. My dr has me on the longest liquid diet and I just can’t take it anymore. I had 1 week clear liquid preop then 1 week clear liquid post op. Then 2 weeks full liquid. So April 22nd is when I’m supposed to start the puréed but when I say I absolutely HATE broth I truly mean in. I’ve tried so many and none of them are good to me. I’ve even made homemade and tried different flavors. I love Soup with chicken and noodles but just the broth tastes so disgusting to me. I really want to follow this diet but I’m ready to be on puréed. And it’s not helping that I feel so fatigued and hungry all the time. And I usually struggle with having an appetite. I caved and had a baby size amount of soupy mashed potatoes with Protein mixed in and I tolerated that completely and I didn’t feel so drained or hungry. But I feel bad about not adhering to the diet. Help!
I feel like you do. I just want food just a little bit.[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji1787][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji1787] I'm going crazy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was on liquid two weeks before surgery and two after. I have grown tired of sugar free everything because it basically tastes like crap. I'm currently searching for alternatives.

Target has "soup starters" which are essentially actual Soup without the solids in it. They have pho, ramen, Mexican, tortilla, and Italian. They have far far more flavor than just plain chicken/beef broth and are a bit richer. I've found them to be very helpful.

still.... this part sucks!

heres a link:

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=good+and+gather+soup+starter

8 minutes ago, ERRNYC82 said:

Target has "soup starters" which are essentially actual Soup without the solids in it. They have pho, ramen, Mexican, tortilla, and Italian. They have far far more flavor than just plain chicken/beef broth and are a bit richer. I've found them to be very helpful.

still.... this part sucks!

heres a link:

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=good+and+gather+soup+starter

These are my go-to for savory food. Isopure Protein Powder has no flavor, and you can mix it into the ramen Soup starter. It's good.

I totally and completely understand. I hate the broth too! I’ve tried so many different ways and it all causes the dumping syndrome. I gave up on broth. I’m 9 days post surgery and I see my surgeon Friday I’m praying he allows me to jump to purée.

I’m 6 days post op and I’m so freaking sick of drinking Gatorade zero. For some reason every Water I’ve tried tastes like metal or has some horrible disgusting taste. The broths seem to have no flavor or taste gross and I’ve tried sugar free Jello and pudding but they’re just kind of blah. I’ve been hearing a lot about straining Soups especially the cream soups and stuff. I just want something that tastes like food. Has anyone found any readily available soups I could try to strain maybe? I have another week of liquids and am so miserable looking ahead. I just joined the app and am hoping this will help me feeling so alone in it all.

I'm with you about the broth. The vegetarian broths make me gag and I've tried plenty too. As a once vegan then vegetarian and now seafood, eggs, and sometimes pork eater, it's hard to find decent broth.

SummerTimeGirl and kellym1220 both mentioned strained/straining Soups. That could really save you if there are soups you do enjoy. If you find something you can stand let us know.

Hope you make it through your last week. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, DoodlesMom said:

I'm with you about the broth. The vegetarian broths make me gag and I've tried plenty too. As a once vegan then vegetarian and now seafood, eggs, and sometimes pork eater, it's hard to find decent broth.

SummerTimeGirl and kellym1220 both mentioned strained/straining Soups. That could really save you if there are Soups you do enjoy. If you find something you can stand let us know.

Hope you make it through your last week. Good luck!

I actually found this Progresso Soup that I like. It’s chicken pot pie and dumplings and I just strain it and it’s actually good. Shocking and took me almost a month to figure it out.

13 minutes ago, Dajshadenee said:

I actually found this Progresso Soup that I like. It’s chicken pot pie and dumplings and I just strain it and it’s actually good. Shocking and took me almost a month to figure it out.

Oh good, you found one! :)

Campbell’s well yes sipping Soups (no chunks to strain!) thinned a bit were lifesavers for me even though I like broth. Also, try a no sugar added sorbet or frozen yogurt.
FYI- pudding and Jello are on the full liquid diet (along with things like milkshakes for non-WLS patients) because they have a tendency to become liquid if left out at room temperature which makes them easier to digest and swallow (important for those with dysphagia [trouble swallowing]).