Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many people do you have on "Ignore" here?



Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I guess I should have said too many people fail because they revert to their former eating habits.

I think this is still some kind of slippery slope.

When we're talking about "eating habits" or "lifestyle habits" that were bad enough (bad in the sense of severe) to cause a weight so high the patient needed WLS we're IMO are no longer talking about "habits" but about addiction, eating disorders or at least severely disordered eating.

Referring to all of these issues as "habits" doesn't IMO cater to the severity of the disease of morbid obesity.

This is just my opinion of course but I think we don't do ourselves a favor by diminishing or belittling our issues by referring to them as "habits". Let's call these issues and behaviors that come with them by their names: Eating disorders. Disordered eating. Addictive behavior.

And once we start talking about eating disorders and addictions we can take a look at other eating disorders and addictions and long term treatment success. WLS patients seem to do fairly well in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

I do still talk to a lot of people that dont come her anymore. Most all have gained all their weight back. Two that were my inspirations.....

Did they stop coming here because of the weight gain or was it completely unrelated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, summerset said:

Did they stop coming here because of the weight gain or was it completely unrelated?

You know.... i really don't know. but a very good question.... I do have a few that are doing ok..... one just revised to the sleeve and he is doing great.... down 100lbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

You know.... i really don't know. but a very good question....

Just thinking it could be two ways around.

Leaving the boards -> getting lost and gaining

Started gaining -> leaving the boards because it's too depressing reading about the success of other users

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None. I check for a few minutes every once in a while but not on here enough to notice. I always hope for good recommendations on foods to eat. I get stuck on certain foods and need to expand my horizons. If anyone knows the thread of food recs (read it and never found it again) please tell me where it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, outofusernames said:

None. I check for a few minutes every once in a while but not on here enough to notice. I always hope for good recommendations on foods to eat. I get stuck on certain foods and need to expand my horizons. If anyone knows the thread of food recs (read it and never found it again) please tell me where it is!


There is a food and nutrition forum if you scroll all the way down to the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2021 at 3:39 PM, summerset said:

Just thinking it could be two ways around.

Leaving the boards -> getting lost and gaining

Started gaining -> leaving the boards because it's too depressing reading about the success of other users

I'm trying to think when i left for a while i did gain weight. Not sure if that was from not coming, having the band removed, are the 30lbs gain.... i'm sure it all factors in.
But either way, i don't miss a few of the people...... But, i do miss a lot of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×