Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Em Cal said:

I went in the first night because I threw up brown stuff and couldn’t manage the nausea. Looking back I don’t think I was tolerating Water very well. They said I was dehydrated, gave me fluids, I think morphine, consulted with the bariatric dr on call and sent me home saying I’m not gonna die. I’m still having gas pains and still kind of dizzy but I think things will get better once I get different sources of Protein and liquids. Hang in there!

I just want you to know that I threw up brown, red, white, you name the shade and it came out. And every time it did come out I felt excruciating pain. But three days later and now in the evening, I am feeling human again.

it really does get better by the hour. The trick is just stay hydrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surgery was yesterday 4/29.
I was originally scheduled in February but started reading horror stories online and had a panic attack few days prior. Hence why I signed up post operatively.

so 1 day post op in the hospital bed trying to distract myself from the gas pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JadeMahrie said:

Surgery was yesterday 4/29.
I was originally scheduled in February but started reading horror stories online and had a panic attack few days prior. Hence why I signed up post operatively.

so 1 day post op in the hospital bed trying to distract myself from the gas pain.

Good luck with recovery. Take one day at a time and know that each day only represents that day, not your forever.

Also, the "freaking out" a week or so before surgery seems to be kind of common per posts on here. I got really nervous around a week before as well. I talked with my WLS program, made a I'm freaking out post on here, and talked with my own therapist. This all helped because responses normalized my anxiety and helped me refocus on why I was having the surgery. Plus, I decided to stop reading negative posts on here and watching YouTube videos because that was creating a problem. I felt much better after that. Then right when I had surgery, I had to take a break from everything and just focused on me as we all have our own journey.

So, take care of you and know that it will be just one day at a time. Walk, walk, and walk. And reduce content intake that is not uplifting which is what you need right now. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much!

I fell down a rabbit hole of YouTube’s as well. Everything I thought would happen after surgery didn’t. I’m so glad I stopped reading and watching the bad stuff not was really getting to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Em Cal said:

Thank you for your suggestions. The difference in program guidelines tells me that there is not necessarily only one way to do the stages. That actually makes me feel better, lol. Going shopping now!

My dr said the same thing. Week two I started mash potatoes by the end of the week I was able to grind real food in our magic bullet. Week three a started to get real food fish, hamburger with cheese. No bread yet. I eat very small portions and only twice a day. Still drinking Protein Shakes. I haven’t had any problems getting my Water in. I keep a bottle of water on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2021 at 5:03 AM, Tommyjohnson@13 said:

My dr said the same thing. Week two I started mash potatoes by the end of the week I was able to grind real food in our magic bullet. Week three a started to get real food fish, hamburger with cheese. No bread yet. I eat very small portions and only twice a day. Still drinking Protein Shakes. I haven’t had any problems getting my Water in. I keep a bottle of Water on me.

I tried the ricotta bake for dinner, I'm not a huge fan of ricotta so I did half ricotta and half fat free cream cheese. Wow, it was so good. I need to start stool softener for all the cheese but, might be worth it. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi fellow April surgeries! I’m new to the group. I had my surgery on April 22nd. I chose Gastric Sleeve for my journey. My big question to everyone is, how are you feeling post-op? I was given the go ahead yesterday to begin eating solid foods again. I’m nervous to try things for fear of getting sick. Yesterday I had part of a chicken leg and a tsp. of mashed potatoes. I’m doing good so far, but my tummy gurgles are much louder now. 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, CKaanoi73 said:

Hi fellow April surgeries! I’m new to the group. I had my surgery on April 22nd. I chose Gastric Sleeve for my journey. My big question to everyone is, how are you feeling post-op? I was given the go ahead yesterday to begin eating solid foods again. I’m nervous to try things for fear of getting sick. Yesterday I had part of a chicken leg and a tsp. of mashed potatoes. I’m doing good so far, but my tummy gurgles are much louder now. 😳

Wow! I had mine on 4/23 (bypass). I’m getting control over getting enough Protein and fluids but my drs are still on this program schedule. I haven’t had any problems past my first night. However, I feel good and wanted real food so I skipped to eating soft foods yesterday. No problem at all! (Except yeah, my stomach gurgles more and I’m way more gassy). I eat fairly slow but I also suspect that I could eat a little faster than they say. Anybody try eating at a “normal” pace? Like not racing, just normal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, man. So sorry you’re still in pain. I had a persistent pain on my left side just below my rib cage running dow almost to my hip. It hurt to breathe. It is still there slightly, but overall feeling better.

Take it day by day. Is the pain improving at all? If not, I would speak with the dr again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 6 days post op doing okay .. minimal pain just sore and gassy lol so far so good have held everything I’ve tried down but noticed my face is very pale and drawn out ??? I don’t look well kinda creepy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MissyG133 said:

I’m 6 days post op doing okay .. minimal pain just sore and gassy lol so far so good have held everything I’ve tried down but noticed my face is very pale and drawn out ??? I don’t look well kinda creepy

7 days post op and I look the same! I’m a weird grey color & don’t care to put makeup on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Stacyp44

      surgery on thursday im so excited
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • summerset

      How's everyone doing? I'm still fighting insurance company over plastics.
      Many changes at work are coming up. It's very stressful but there are also some opportunities involved, both in regards to personal development and promotion.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Butterflyeffect

      Hi everyone, I finally reached Onederland, yay!! Feels great and I have no regrets. Still a way to go but so much closer now. Thanks for all the support and tips along the way. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • MARSHAHUNTER

      Hi Everyone, I’m Marsha i was sleeve on July 8th.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • alysia.rush

      UPDATE: 
      I was down to lowest weight of 117, kept around 123 for couple years, but recently due to covid gained back. got back up to 146, been trying to bounce back some and right now am at 140. Goal 117-120 ish.
      Experimenting with Macros:
      Keto- 900 calories
      Fat 75%, Net carbs 5%, Protein 20%.
      7/17/21: Day one: lightheaded, tired, randown, headache, not really that hungery, but thinking of food consistently, also but out alcohol and sugar, blah.
       
      · 2 replies
      1. Candace76

        Wishing you luck to get back where you want to be!😊

      2. alysia.rush

        Thank you!

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×