Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, JadeMahrie said:

7 days post op and I look the same! I’m a weird grey color & don’t care to put makeup on.

I noticed that my face is one color. No differentiation. It’s weird. But I’m glad it seems to be common.

Surgery on 4/29. Almost no more pain. Down a little over 10 pounds.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using BariatricPal mobile app

4/13 bypass revision from installed Lapband 2008, removed 12/1/20 due to severe GERD and erosion! So glad I finally got rid of my band NO more acid reflux!

9 minutes ago, JaleeHaas said:

4/13 bypass revision from installed Lapband 2008, removed 12/1/20 due to severe GERD and erosion! So glad I finally got rid of my band NO more acid reflux!

9 minutes ago, JaleeHaas said:

10 minutes ago, JaleeHaas said:

This happened to me with fluids, it would not go down. The reflux, heartburn were so painful I would throw up. Not to mention I was severely dehydrated, it was awful. I had a scan that showed the Fluid stuck literally in my throat. They said this was very dangerous because it can go into the lungs and I went into surgery days later, right in the middle of the pandemic when hospitals only took emergency cases, last July. I was so scared, everyone in the hospital was paranoid as was I. My surgeon looked like an astronaut he was so covered up when he performed the surgery. I had to mention this because that showed how incredibly dangerous the lap band can be.

And that is where the nightmare began. I had this weight so under control that I truly felt I would never put on the weight again. Exercising daily, eating very healthy, I really thought this was it. No more struggles after 10 years of keeping it under control. And then in one year, it all came back and then some. I remember my surgeon saying, most people have a revision to remove scar tissue and then have the sleeve done to keep the weight under control. Who could have known that this would be so incredibly hard? It was devastating. If I knew then what I know now I would have done it even thinner because this is, for me anyway's, a way of life. I must always try and try hard to stay on the path of mindful eating and exercising.

Day 16 post op 13lbs weight loss

Started bike riding.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:43 PM, Tie said:

I had surgery April 27th gastric bypass..Down 10 pounds so far.

I had mine on the 26th and have lost 13 lbs. I am so excited !!!!! i have the go-ahead to exercise but I am not really eating so I am being careful. so excited to start this next chapter. It was impossible for me to lose 13 lbs before, I feel so much better knowing the weight is finally starting to come off!

I had my surgery on April 28th and I am down 23 pounds (32 if I count the preop diet). My biggest issue is eating slowly - I can't seem to be able to do that, unless it is a yogurt in front of my computer while I am working. Any ideas to slow things down when I have meals with my family ?

2 hours ago, Sab_Hof445 said:

I had my surgery on April 28th and I am down 23 pounds (32 if I count the preop diet). My biggest issue is eating slowly - I can't seem to be able to do that, unless it is a yogurt in front of my computer while I am working. Any ideas to slow things down when I have meals with my family ?

I had the same issue. My nutritionist suggested I chew each bite at least 20 times and put my fork/spoon down between bites...which was hard when I was just eating yogurt, but now that I am on soft vegs/fish, I am trying to do this. It has helped. Good Luck!

Surgery 4/23. I feel nauseous today. Took a zofran, skipped the gym yesterday cause I just felt bad yesterday too. I go back to work the 17th. I’m down 26 pounds.

On 5/13/2021 at 1:33 PM, Luna Girl said:

I had the same issue. My nutritionist suggested I chew each bite at least 20 times and put my fork/spoon down between bites...which was hard when I was just eating yogurt, but now that I am on soft vegs/fish, I am trying to do this. It has helped. Good Luck!

Indeed it seems easier now that I am eating fish, eggs, and overcooked veggies. Chewing a yogurt was not very natural to me !!!!! Thank you

Hi there to all the April surgery buddies! I had my surgery on the 29th and I am down 50 lbs! 🥳. I am very happy about that.

I have a really hard time eating Protein though, if it is chicken, beef, fish, eggs, etc. it feels like a brick is hitting my stomach… I don’t know how else to describe it. I stick more to cheeses, Protein Bars, yogurts, milk for now.

is there anyone else that’s dealing with the same type of situation?

Had my revision of gastric sleeve to bypass on 4/20 and down 31! GERD is relieved and I have graduated to Beans, quinoa and chicken! Still having 2 Protein Shakes a day and trying to eat at least one meal a day. I've had a harder time with food this time around, so trying to stay patient...