Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

40 minutes ago, Taiye said:

Thank you. Also that’s good to hear you are pain free. What stage are in as for as food?

I am still on liquids 😩 hoping my dietician will advance me to purées next Tuesday when I see her. My surgeon has a pretty strict plan: 2 weeks liquid after surgery, 2 weeks purées, 2 weeks soft foods, then regular food. It is unheard of that my surgeon advanced people any sooner than that.

Yea every doctors are different. Just started purée today and felt like heaven, my nausea is finally gone.

Since that’s the incision where our stomach was taken out of , it’s more tender. But I’ve noticed the more walking I do the less soreness or pain I feel, although not completely gone.

I'm 7 weeks out, the big incision still sore as it heals. I usually take Tylenol if is night time. When it happens on day time I lay flat or stand up, I'm fortunate to have a stand-up desk now that I'm working from home, it helps to ease the discomfort.

Sent from my SM-F707U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I also had a lot of pain in the main incision above my belly button- that is where they remove the unneeded stomach and do most of the movement during the surgery. I ended up getting a hematoma. I was fine until 12 days after the surgery my incision opened slightly and lots of old blood starting coming out - it didn’t stop bleeding for over a week. Now my incision is fine and healing well. Sorry if too much TMI but I had no idea that it could happen but I guess it does occur. If the pain gets to be too much - contact your doctor to make sure all is well. Best of luck!

Just to give an idea of the hematoma

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

I wouldn’t worry too much, yours look better than mine do as long as they’re not opening or bleeding or pussing they’re healing from the inside

Ive heard ( havent hd my surgery yet) that the incision that hurts the most is the one they removed the stomach from. Perhaps thats why its the worst 🤷🏻‍♀️ . Good luck with. your journey

Same! The right sided one where they pulled out my stomach hurt the most. My surgeon said that incision is, I don’t recall if he said sutured or stapled, but abdominal wall requires closure to avoid a hernia. Even 3 weeks post if I twisted a certain way I would feel a sharp pain. The abdominal binder helped a lot, I slept in a recliner chair because I couldn’t bend enough to get in/out of bed. I set my watch alarm for every 6 hours to remind me to take Tylenol in a timely manner for 3 days. My surgery was 3/17–no pain now for weeks. Just wish I would have had surgery sooner because I feel so good now!! Hang in there.