Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

Hello Fellow April Sleevers,

Happy Holidays to all of you. I wish you a wonderful holiday season. All the best for maintaining your progress during a season in which there is lots of focus on food. I'm feeling confident that I will remain committed to my goals. Wishing you all success!

Edited by Blueslily

Thank you and a Merry Christmas to you, here's to the meeting your goals next year

Hello April Sleevers,

Can you believe it. We are in February. Which means that some of us are getting close to the 1 year mark for our surgeries.

My VSG was on April 6 so I'm at 10 months. I just celebrated my birthday and treated myself. Things are moving smoothly at 10 months. I met my goal, and I am maintaining my loss without any issues (minus my birthday celebration, lol). No complaints here. I cant believe that we are almost at 1 year. I'm still very happy that I had VSG done and that I committed to doing everything to make changes that have me at goal and staying there. 🙂

How are you all doing? How are you doing at 10 months?

Hope all you April sleevers are ok.😁

Edited by Blueslily

17 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Hello April Sleevers,

Can you believe it. We are in February. Which means that some of us are getting close to the 1 year mark for our surgeries.

My VSG was on April 6 so I'm at 10 months. I just celebrated my birthday and treated myself. Things are moving smoothly at 10 months. I met my goal, and I am maintaining my loss without any issues (minus my birthday celebration, lol). No complaints here. I cant believe that we are almost at 1 year. I'm still very happy that I had VSG done and that I committed to doing everything to make changes that have me at goal and staying there. 🙂

I'm still 45 lb from my goal, have been eating like I'm sustaining but still haven't hit my goal. The last pounds seem to be the hardest

15 hours ago, Flounder said:

I'm still 45 lb from my goal, have been eating like I'm sustaining but still haven't hit my goal. The last pounds seem to be the hardest

I'm rooting for you. Hopefully you'll see some movement soon in those last 45 pounds.

How does it feel to have lost the weight that you have so far? Im hoping that you've celebrated that progress.

14 hours ago, Tommyjohnson@13 said:

April 12th

I was sleeved I was 346

i now weight 230. Very happy with my results

Congrats on 100+ pound weight loss. How are you doing maintaining progress?

My surgery is scheduled 4/8. I'm excited but, also super nervous [emoji27]. What are you guys packing for the hospital? Are ya'll stocking up on liquids (broth and Protein Shakes etc.) now?
Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is scheduled for 4/6. I'm in the same boat you are, excited and nervous. Gastric sleeve surgery for me. I have stocked up on some Protein Shakes trying various ones out but my friend, who had sleeve surgery said what worked for her pre surgery didn't end up working after so not to stock up too much. I am 57 years old, tomorrow 2/17 and my top weight was 438. I am at 373 now. Bad knees and hip bursitis are final straw to commit to losing weight and gaining a healthy lifestyle.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine is 4/6. Starting pre-op diet on March 27. Not on fb or insta so looking to connect here!
Same surgery date for me too! Best of luck to us both!

I was totally going to bring a robe... and like a nightgown type thing. I didn't think about the wires at all.. this makes so much sense.
Robe was on the list of things to bring from my doctor office but having had previous surgeries, I know that's not practical with iv's. I have a poncho that I wear and it only goes over the head. It's kinda my Linus blanket too (super soft) so that's going with me instead. It's long enough to use for walking in the halls and covering my tush. Lol

Good morning, I got the call. Insurance approved and surgery date 4-5-2022. Im in shock, nervous and happy..

On 2/15/2022 at 5:55 AM, Blueslily said:

Hello April Sleevers,

I’ve had a rough row to hoe since October. I wound up in an Ulcerative Colitis flare in October that lead into not one, but two hospitalizations with autoimmune pancreatitis. That’s been fun! Now I’m dealing with a possible ulcer in my pouch since I’m on steroids for the UC and I ran out of protonix two weeks ago and the OTC omeprazole isn’t nearly as good as the protonix.

So my surgery weight was 251 pounds on 4/23/21. I’m down to 137-140 range. I like where I am and I want to maintain this weight.

Attention April 2021 Sleevers,

This message is for everyone who had surgery last year in 2021...last year April sleevers. Tomorrow is April 1, 2022. For those of us who had surgery last year in April 2021, we are getting ready to have our one year surgerversaries! Can you believe it!! One full year post surgery!

How's everyone from April 2021 doing?

I'm still doing ok. I have maintained my goal for the past 4 months. Still have restriction. I still dont drink and eat at the same time. Still eat according to my plan. Still only my surgery team, my friend who helped with me during recovery, and the therapist who I met with - those are the only three people who know I had surgery. My labs are good. sleep apnea gone. BP pill gone. Libido gone too, lol. Overall, I'm good.

Welcome to April and I wish everyone a great ONE YEAR surgerversary! 🤗👍🙋‍♀️