Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

My surgery is tomorrow, I have to check in at 10am.

everything was going fine until this last week. My husband is now telling me that it’s a waste of money and I should try to loose the weight by exercising. I’ve been exercising for about a year and have lost some weight but not all of it since I had my last baby. Anyway this last week I was considering not doing the surgery anymore and I even ate some food. I haven’t ate for the last 2 days but now I’m worried If I do go tomorrow I will get cut open and not get to have the procedure.

sorry guys I’m just venting right now.

Not quite April, but I had my DS surgery one week ago on 03/302021.

I had my surgery 4/1 i currently have lost 10 pounds including the Water diet. Im not even 1 week post op.

On 4/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, Newlyfe2021 said:

Did you have serious vomiting after? I’ve heard some pretty bad horror stories.

Hi @Newlyfe2021 I was sleeved 3/31 and I had no nausea AT ALL. And barely any pain. I don’t know how rare that is, but I just wanted to let you hear a non-horror story!

44 minutes ago, Rosie_flips said:

Hi @Newlyfe2021 I was sleeved 3/31 and I had no nausea AT ALL. And barely any pain. I don’t know how rare that is, but I just wanted to let you hear a non-horror story!

Thanks! A non-horror story is much appreciated! Glad it went well and is going good for you! 🤗

1 hour ago, CarlRRT said:

Not quite April, but I had my DS surgery one week ago on 03/302021.

How are you feeling? How's recovery coming along?

1 hour ago, Lizp5 said:

My surgery is tomorrow, I have to check in at 10am.

everything was going fine until this last week. My husband is now telling me that it’s a waste of money and I should try to loose the weight by exercising. I’ve been exercising for about a year and have lost some weight but not all of it since I had my last baby. Anyway this last week I was considering not doing the surgery anymore and I even ate some food. I haven’t ate for the last 2 days but now I’m worried If I do go tomorrow I will get cut open and not get to have the procedure.

sorry guys I’m just venting right now.

It's ok. Totally understandable. Might as well go and see what happens. Try not to stress too much tonight as that wont help you during surgery. All the best! 👍🌞

2 hours ago, WanderingHeart said:

My surgery is at 730 am- I’m due in at 5:30. You can talk to me about things :) message me!
I’m glad to be going in the morning, best time of day for surgery. It’s going to be hard falling asleep tonight.

i miss food so much - I keep dreaming of the fattiest things like cheese fondue, pizza, fajitas! But I know that’s my body in starvation mode trying to convince me to eat for survival.

looking forward to the next steps!!

Good luck tomorrow! I just keep telling myself it’s all about getting through tomorrow, then the liquid phase, then purée.. trying to take this journey in chunks!

55 minutes ago, Rosie_flips said:

Thank you! It’s comforting to hear! Hope you’re healing well still.

5 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

It's ok. Totally understandable. Might as well go and see what happens. Try not to stress too much tonight as that wont help you during surgery. All the best! 👍🌞

Don’t get discouraged. I had a friend who went on vacation right before and was bad at prep. Her doc could tell but he still was able to do procedure. Hang in there..

2 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Thank you for your kind response

Had my sleeve surgery yesterday around 8am. I'm still sipping on Water and ice chips. My biggest problem is my back is killing me. It may be from laying here in this god awful bed. I have been burping and peeing alot

The want me to pass gas and poop but that's not happening. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, Blueslily said:

How are you feeling? How's recovery coming along?

I'm feeling well. I was not expecting to be so terribly hungry (that has been the worst part of this). I have had minimal pain after the first day, steady weight loss, and no nausea at all. The gas is for real though.

Morning all,

Today is my surgery day. Just got dressed in my super cute surgery gown, lol. So far, feeling calm. Not nervous actually. But hungry! First time. But, it's due to my own issue. I was so focused on drinking extra Water that I forgot to drink my last Protein Shake. Nurses getting me ready are great.