Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February Bandsters!

Today!! I got my band this morning. I went into surgery at 7:30, and I was home by 2:30. I slept for most of the afternoon. I just had a cup of beef broth and I am really full. I also have some unset Jello, but I think that I am going to save that for later. I already have that gas feeling in my chest. I have some soreness where the port is, but none of the the other sites hurt at all. I can't believe how good I feel. Let's hope that I feel this good tomorrow.

Congratulations Michelle. I was banded the day before you and am doing really well too!!! Our journey begins!!!!!

Good luck!

Hi Fellow Bandsters:

The long awaited day is almost here. This forum has been a blessing and I know it will continue to be as we compare notes in the future. I'm finally very sure of my decision and am anxious to get the procedure over with. Just purchased all my postop broths, jellos, etc. today so I guess there's no turning back now!!! Best of luck to all Feb. bandsters.

Tara5937- My surgery is also February 13. I am going tomorrow to finish all my last minute shopping for broths and things. I also agree that this site has been so helpful. I am having my surgery in Springfield, MO with Dr. Edwards. Good Luck to you. We need to keep in touch to compare notes. Good Luck to Everyone. :thumbdown:

I was banded on 2/4 and I'm doing really well, except for the all liquid diet. I just have to make it through tomorrow and then, I can at least have low/fat, no sugar pudding, no sugar/no fat yogurt (w/o fruit), and creamy Soups. It's going to be hard -- I think the first month between the liquids and the mushies is the hardest we'll probably have to do -- but we don't have a choice. I keep on telling myself that. I also try to distinguish between stomach hunger and head hunger. Most of my hunger is head hunger and that's what I've always given in to all my life. That's why I'm here!

b.

I've been poking around these forums recently and have just started this whole process. Infact, my appointment with my PCM for a referral is tomorrow. Anyway, I've been ready how supportive and caring you all are to each other and just want to tell you guys, You're all my Heroes!!! What a wonderful community you have here!:)

wow.. need lots of Protein to keep system up and running. slightly sore by port site. at least i thinks its the port. cant really tell. tummy still really puffy. slimfast locarb shake going down better than eas . thats a good thing.

i want to go back to work tmorrow, but i think i need a work day to get a plan for all the stupid questions when i drink and if i'v lost weight. which i have 10lbs since the big weigh in. need a plan for the idiots i work with.

hopefully my scrubs will fit better and be loose so i can be comfy.

i'm a little nervous about going back. today i need to go to the grocery so i can have lots of Liquid Protein and supplies for transitioning into stage 2 full liquids while working.

have not driven in one week. that will be wierd.

who else is going back to work? Or has ? whats the experience like?

M.:)

Hi Jax,

Your blog is great. My surgery dates is Wednesday and having read your story puts me even more at ease. Curious as to how "today" is going!!???

Hi Jax,

Your blog is great. My surgery dates is Wednesday and having read your story puts me even more at ease. Curious as to how "today" is going!!???

I'm doing well thanks!! Still a little tender in the mid-section especially around the port area. I don't think I'm ready to wear tight jeans just yet :rose:

I'm really working on my fluids today to try and keep my strength up. Today is day five of Clear Liquids and it is definitely getting boring and I'm starting to crave something different even if it's just a Protein shake! I will be able to start those tomorrow, three times a day until Friday when I can begin soft foods. I can't wait!

Still having a little intestinal gas discomfort that I am taking Gas-x for. (It is uncomfortable to burp but I'm glad I can!) liquid Tylenol during the day for general aches and pains. Don't mean to be crude but beware of the diarrhea. It's a simple cause and effect thing. Liquids in, liquids out. :crying: So just a heads up that will happen.

Speaking of liquids, they are going down easier. I can still feel it when I take a sip when it goes down my esophagus and it sits for a second, then goes on through. Such a strange feeling. However, I know when I get that feeling that I'm good to take another sip. I am taking it very slow and not pushing my band.

I'm a little tired today and I'm not sure if it is due to hardly having any calories during the past five days, venturing out last night to a friends house for a couple of hours, the medicine I took last night for pain to help me sleep (which didn't, I had a restless night), or what? Probably a combination. If I HAD to go back to work tomorrow and had a desk job I could with no problem. At least a half day. Fortunately I don't as I'm unemployed right now so I will just concentrate on healing.

Stepped on the scale today and I'm down another three pounds since surgery so total lost since starting my pre-op is 20 lbs! Not too bad for a month eh? :)

I'm glad to hear that the blog has helped. I know that I read a bunch of them before my surgery and it also helped me know what to expect. Hopefully mine will help others as well.

Michellie9003, I had my surgeery on the fourth too na dwhen I sit I feel alot of pulling inside and an occcassional twag of pain. I am driving Monday and going back to work monday for the fist time and I am very nervous.

Michellie9003, I had my surgeery on the fourth too na dwhen I sit I feel alot of pulling inside and an occcassional twag of pain. I am driving Monday and going back to work monday for the fist time and I am very nervous.

Babedoe, I know from having experience with stitches before that when swelling starts to go down they have a tendency to start pulling. It will get better, just try not to move suddenly even if you feel like you can. It will take about six weeks to really heal completely inside.

I was banded on Friday, and I am going back to work tomorrow. I am a teacher, and I am a little nervous. But I figure I have to get it over some time. Plus, my friend, who is a literacy coach, is right next to me and has offered to teach a lesson if I need her to. That will give me about an hour to sit. I am sure that I will come right home and go to bed.

I am really having a hard time drinking anything today. It must be the swelling. I am so full. I had three teaspoons of Soup and I thought that I was going to yak. I have some protien Water by my bed so that I can keep drinking it. I think I am going to pick up some Gas-X tomorrow. I can't tell if it is gassy or if it being full. I have all new feelings and sensations to get to know. But, since I started my liquids, I am down 21 lbs. I hope I dont gain it back.

Soup this soon after surgery???? OMG I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!! :eek:

You are probably right about the swelling, just imagine, that is what restriction will feel like! :thumbup:

Seriously though, keeping with the Clear Liquids until you can get them down easy is probably the best plan.

Good luck at work tomorrow and don't push yourself!

I was banded on Friday, and I am going back to work tomorrow. I am a teacher, and I am a little nervous. But I figure I have to get it over some time. Plus, my friend, who is a literacy coach, is right next to me and has offered to teach a lesson if I need her to. That will give me about an hour to sit. I am sure that I will come right home and go to bed.

I am really having a hard time drinking anything today. It must be the swelling. I am so full. I had three teaspoons of soup and I thought that I was going to yak. I have some protien Water by my bed so that I can keep drinking it. I think I am going to pick up some Gas-X tomorrow. I can't tell if it is gassy or if it being full. I have all new feelings and sensations to get to know. But, since I started my liquids, I am down 21 lbs. I hope I dont gain it back.