Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious... How long before you could eat your first piece of pizza?

1 hour ago, OAGBPal said:

As a former French fry lover, I've had about 10 of those little rascals after surgery and they were soooo not satisfying :D

Here's hoping! If I can get past my fries cravings I know I'll be alright.

On 2/6/2021 at 2:26 PM, FINFAN3DP said:

Nope. I am the fussiest fat guy you will ever meet. Not many foods that i like or WILL eat.

Same here Dude!

I am three weeks post op and I crave pizza when I see it on tv. That ricotta bake mentioned above really does help satisfy Italian cravings (pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, etc).

Edited by ShoppGirl

Anyone add thinly sliced mushrooms and zucchini to this dish?

On 2/6/2021 at 4:22 PM, Pandemonium said:

This recipe will change your life in terms of getting your pizza fix in, while going low-carb and Protein packed. I made this many time while I was pre-op and wanting pizza.

https://fitmencook.com/low-carb-pizza/

I haven't made it since surgery, but I also stuck to a very slow return to normal food. It will happen soon, though. I also highly recommend the Protein Pizza Crusts that @Uomograsso posted. Those have been a godsend!

Dang Dude...have you have lost 165 lbs since last July?? I hope some of this was pre surgery. That is incredible either way...Congrats!

On 2/6/2021 at 6:02 PM, ElPasoSleeveGal said:

Don't knock the cauliflower crust until you try it. I am also very picky and was hesitant in trying it. I tried getting the frozen cheese cauliflower crust pizza from Walmart and shredded up some turkey deli meat and added a little more cheese. I was only able to eat about half a piece 4 weeks post op but it was good!

Sent from my SM-N981U using BariatricPal mobile app

I tried it and hated it

Well, happy to say 1 piece of pizza I can do. Minus the "pizza bone". But at least i can have most of a slice without much trouble. I am having an issue of right after I eat anything not soft, having a stuck feeling for a bit, but it eventually goes away.

23 minutes ago, FINFAN3DP said:

Well, happy to say 1 piece of pizza I can do. Minus the "pizza bone". But at least i can have most of a slice without much trouble. I am having an issue of right after I eat anything not soft, having a stuck feeling for a bit, but it eventually goes away.

Dang Dude...You are killing it! Down 64#s CONGRATS! I may have asked this before but that does include pre op diet I hope. I am down 25 lbs in about 6 weeks I am in the middle of 3rd stall. All have lasted 5 days or so.

16 minutes ago, Tim C said:

Dang Dude...You are killing it! Down 64#s CONGRATS! I may have asked this before but that does include pre op diet I hope. I am down 25 lbs in about 6 weeks I am in the middle of 3rd stall. All have lasted 5 days or so.

You are looking at the days since surgery on my tracker, not the weight. I'm down 41lbs since the surgery on Jan 29th, and 80lbs overall since the start of this whole ordeal. The stalls suck! I was at one for a while at 343, and now i'm finally losing again at 337.

1 minute ago, FINFAN3DP said:

You are looking at the days since surgery on my tracker, not the weight. I'm down 41lbs since the surgery on Jan 29th, and 80lbs overall since the start of this whole ordeal. The stalls suck! I was at one for a while at 343, and now i'm finally losing again at 337.

Still Awesome! Way to go bro..k

48 minutes ago, FINFAN3DP said:

On 4/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, Tim C said:

78 pounds pre-surgery (mid-February 2020 to July 2020) and the rest post-op.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, Pandemonium said:

78 pounds pre-surgery (mid-February 2020 to July 2020) and the rest post-op.

WOW! Awesome results! I'm 45lbs down from surgery. I walk 1.5 miles a day, but a bum knee keeps me from doing much more. You doing that all with the surgery, or are you a work out machine?