Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I’m curious how your thighs looked after surgery? I’ve always had big thighs and I’m lm looking forward to wearing short skirts this summer... wondering how everyone’s thighs looked after losing 100 pounds??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine aren’t great, I’ve always been “bottom heavy”. However, I had a Tummy Tuck a couple weeks ago and actually got some improvement in my thighs from that. Not sure if I’ll do a thigh lift down the road or just learn to live with it. Thigh lifts seem to be the most problematic plastic surgery. I’m going to keep working out for the next couple years and see what I can accomplish that way before making a decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/27/2021 at 10:30, kristieshannon said:

Mine aren’t great, I’ve always been “bottom heavy”. However, I had a Tummy Tuck a couple weeks ago and actually got some improvement in my thighs from that. Not sure if I’ll do a thigh lift down the road or just learn to live with it. Thigh lifts seem to be the most problematic plastic surgery. I’m going to keep working out for the next couple years and see what I can accomplish that way before making a decision.

I did not know that about being the most problematic. Are you comfortable wearing shorts and stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I don't think this is the answer you want, but my legs are in no shape for showing off. Now, I lost a lot more than 100 pounds (I'm 160 pounds down from my highest weight), but my thighs were the first place I started noticing loose skin. The skin sort of hangs down like a loose pair of pants. My knees look pretty bad because there's sort of a crease where the loose skin hangs down over the top of the knee. Only long skirts for me, I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/27/2021 at 10:39, BigSue said:



Well, I don't think this is the answer you want, but my legs are in no shape for showing off. Now, I lost a lot more than 100 pounds (I'm 160 pounds down from my highest weight), but my thighs were the first place I started noticing loose skin. The skin sort of hangs down like a loose pair of pants. My knees look pretty bad because there's sort of a crease where the loose skin hangs down over the top of the knee. Only long skirts for me, I'm afraid.


Have you been exercising?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, brwneyedgrl96 said:

Have you been exercising?

Yes, I do cardio workouts every day and strength (resistance bands) 2-3x per week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My inner thighs are quite saggy. The good news is they are also quite skinny! So I look great in tight jeans or leggings, but not so great in shorts or mini skirts. My plan is to start heavy weights (for both thighs and arms) once I'm cleared to do so, and see if I can fill the loose skin up with some muscle.

I'm the meantime, I'll just keep my thighs covered and only show off my good parts! LOL!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/27/2021 at 08:35, brwneyedgrl96 said:


I did not know that about being the most problematic. Are you comfortable wearing shorts and stuff?

I wear Bermuda shorts, and feel great in them. I don’t think I’d do short-shorts though. But I’m also 51, so Bermuda’s are age appropriate :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thighs were very saggy once I got closer to goal. When I had plastics last year (TT) it helped to smooth them out a lot.

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost roughly 120 lbs. I took measurements, and the widest part of my right thigh measured at 29" two weeks before surgery. After the loss, they measure at 17".

As a whole, my things look ok-ish (to ME), but the upper, inner part near the crotch was pretty saggy/flappy. I had a Tummy Tuck last year and the upper, FRONT part of my thighs smoothed out quite a bit, but the upper, INNER part is still pretty "un-firm"-looking. I don 't think any amount of exercise will rectify this. Only a thigh lift I think as its all basically skin and not fat. I don't hate them THAT much to warrant a thigh lift, but if I ever get a butt lift it will probably give it some help.

P.S. I used to run almost every day (sometimes twice a day). Now, though, I run much less, BUT I either run, walk or hike every day. Better than nothing.

P.P.S. regardless of the state of my thighs, I still wear short dresses/skirts, city shorts (but NOT fitted short-short shorts because they accentuate the flappiness of my inner thighs), and bikinis. So its all good.

P.P.P.S. Im 2+ years out, 1.5+ years from plastics

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am almost 7 months out and down over 100 pounds. I have exercised a lot since surgery, including lots of strength training. I have pockets of loose skin and underlying fat at the top of my inner thigh. I think my legs look pretty good overall, other than severe varicose veins I am working on addressing with a vascular surgeon now. I think I will be comfortable in shorts this summer, as long as they cover that saggy, inner, upper thigh, so probably 5” or more inseam shorts for me. I am also fairly tall and 47 years old, so I do not feel the need to wear super short shorts or skirts. And my skin is very pale, which is hard on the eyes 😂 I do plan to have plastics within the next year or so, and definitely want at least an extended TT, if not full lower body lift, which I know will help my inner and outer thighs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

my skin is very pale, which is hard on the eyes

Bwah-hahahahhahahha 😆

41 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

I am also fairly tall and 47 years old, so I do not feel the need to wear super short shorts or skirts.

Ha! I'll be 50 this year and *I* feel the need to wear super short shorts...I just can't, lolololololzzzz. But if these flappy inner thigh skin collections ever disappear, booty shorts here I come!

P.S. @WishMeSmaller you have shrunk quite noticeably in the last month or so! Yay! Lookin' good!

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Bwah-hahahahhahahha 😆

Ha! I'll be 50 this year and *I* feel the need to wear super short shorts...I just can't, lolololololzzzz. But if these flappy inner thigh skin collections ever disappear, booty shorts here I come!

P.S. @WishMeSmaller you have shrunk quite noticeably in the last month or so! Yay! Lookin' good!

Lolololol...if I had *it* I would for sure be wearing booty shorts, but alas, between the pale skin, varicose veins, and saggy inner thighs, I will do everyone a favor and take a hard pass 🤣🤣🤣

thanks for the compliment, @ms.sss! I can’t tell when I look at pics, and the weight loss is soooo slow lately. I want PS now, but know it will be better if I wait a minute. Body dysmorphia is really bad lately, and all I see is the flaws🙄🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was apple-shaped before surgery (and "rectangle-shaped" now), so my hips and thighs were never a huge problem - I carried most of my weight in my gut. But after losing over 200 lbs, I do have some loose skin there, but it's not awful. They're pretty thin so I look fine in pants (capris and long pants - even skintight leggings) - in fact, i have "thigh gap" for the first time in my life. But they don't look good enough to wear short shorts or mini-skirts. But at my age (60), those days are long gone, so it's not really an issue for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WishMeSmaller said:

and all I see is the flaws🙄🙄

I'm convinced this is a universal thing....from the formerly obese to the never-beens.

I have eternally thin friends/fam who criticize aspects of themselves that, as an outsider, I just don't see.

I can honestly say I am in the best shape I have ever been in my adult life, but at the same time I still see all the little things that I would love to change....le sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×