Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve in your 20s

I just turned 27 and am having my sleeve done in March. I’ve had weight issues my whole life and have struggled to keep weight off in my own efforts. I don’t have any before and after pics yet, but it’s great to have other people on here in the same age range!

I'm 26 and just had bypass on the 19th. I have been overweight/obese my ENTIRE life and have struggled with weightloss and my relationship with food and everything else. I have already noticed changes and improvements in my mindset and habits.
I want to be able to have kids and be healthy and I ended up having additional health problems that I wanted to try to reverse. Im already so glad and thankful that I got it done. Im feeling much better then I expected to! I dont have any progress pictures yet either, but I can't wait to have them.
I wish you all the luck on your journey everyone! Feel free to message me and we can be friends (anyone)!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

So good to hear! I have PCOS so one of the main reasons I am doing this now is to make it easier for me to have kids in the future. Good luck to both of you!

I got my sleeve in August 19, 2020, at 26 years old. I am so glad I did it!!! I've always been overweight-obese. Finally at my high school weight. never been lower than 171 before. Did it because I started having health issues and I want to have children soon. Good luck!! The first month is the toughest but you'll do great!

Edited by Em_Evolves

24 minutes ago, Em_Evolves said:

I got my sleeve in August 19, 2020, at 26 years old. I am so glad I did it!!! I've always been overweight-obese. Finally at my high school weight. never been lower than 171 before. Did it because I started having health issues and I want to have children soon. Good luck!! The first month is the toughest but you'll do great!

It looks like you and I have similar stats (height, weight, and age). So thank you for sharing. I am still pre-op but your information makes me hopeful :)

Just turned 27 today and I’m scheduled in March ! Best of luck in your journey!

15 hours ago, Lexmm said:

Sleeved at 22 on 01/20/21! I am currently down 34 pounds (weight lost from pre op diet included).

If you don't mind me asking, what was your starting weight and how much did you lose on the pre-op? Also - general question, did anyone continue a regular workout routine during the pre-op diet?

My starting weight was 396. Iost about 12 pounds pre op. My pre op diet was supposed to be 10 days. I’m saying supposed to be because I did good the first couple days then started fell off. Definitely could’ve lost more during the pre op if I hadn’t fell off. Everybody’s is different though. Some of the girls I follow on insta got to eat during their pre op diet, I was Clear Liquids only.

I have not started to work out yet, I do plan on getting back in the gym next week since I’m about to be released back to work. My doctor wants me to just focus on cardio right now.

We got the same date ♥️♥️ Wish you the best !