Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Calories

Hi all...new to the forum. I'm 10 year out and have gained 65 lbs. I've been working at getting it back off...exercising and logging my food. I'm hitting 60g of Protein (doc at surgery said hit 90). I'm only getting 800-900 calories a day. It seems that I would do better with more calories and protein...but it's hard to eat that many and do it in a healthy manor. I'm open to suggestions. I don't want to go the shake route. I've had my fair share of those nasty things! How many calories and grams of protein do you have a day?

Thanks,

Val

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

once you hit maintenance, it becomes a really individual thing. It depends on so many things - gender, age, activity level, metabolic rate. I can maintain my weight if I stay in the 1500-1700 range, but I know women who can eat 2000 and others that have to eat 1200 - and some 1000 or less. I'll start losing if I consistently stay at the bottom of my range or drop a little below it. I couldn't sustain eating 800-900 calories for long at this point, but some people can..

I eat 1400-1600 to maintain. 60g protien a day, at least half from plant sources. Almost as important to me is getting 25g of dietary Fiber a day and eliminating animal fat. I don't eat refined sugar or flour to speak of, but I eat a lot of fruit, veggies, nuts, Beans, oats, mushrooms, etc. I like to eat. I eat a lot. But the right stuff now. (for the most part)

I eat around 1100 calories/day still trying to reach goal weight after a regain during COVID. I get 75+ g of Protein daily.

One thing I try to be really conscious of is avoiding "dieting". I believe fad diets, eating too little, etc... can destroy your metabolism and I think that was part of my problem pre-surgery. Years of yo-yo diets meant my metabolism (aka Calories Out) was destroyed. I am really trying to not do that this time around. I did have a little weight gain over the holidays and am trying to eat around 1700 a day with working out and the little I gained is slowly coming off in what I hope is a healthy way.

I am being very strict at 800cal but it is dietitian recommendations so I’m comfortable with the low number. I lived for years on 800cal so that’s my strategy to get back to goal after regaining 70kg of 110 lost.

I'm glad to see this topic. I had some regain in the last year as well- i was doing awesome living a ketogenic lifestyle but have completely fallen off the wagon and am going back the 'bariatric' route with strict tracking etc...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• AmberFL

2 of the Biggest NSV thus far in my life; 1) my 6yr old daughter can wrap her arms around me for the first time ever! 2) My 12yr old son is having a basketball game for the parents vs. their players and I am playing with him! Its been awhile since I played basketball so I have been practicing lol but I would never had even volunteered to do this 70lbs ago! 
      This surgery has changed my life for the better!
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

That's fantastic!

• Newtransformation79

It has hit me today, as I sit in my chair at work that I don't have my belly sticking out to where it would hit the desk. Oh and I can cross my legs more comfortably. It amazes me just how much I have loss in inches vs actual pounds, I have lost 24 lbs all together. But I believe in inches all over about 3 inches. I am noticing more energy and have pep to my step. My skin is a lot clearer. My watch band is shorter by 3 notches. the little things are what I am noticing. When I bend over I don't feel out of breath or I am going to fall over ( weeble wobble). 
      I am having a hard time with my sweet tooth, it is very hard to not want to get some ice cream or chocolate. Candy I can do without. I have no craving really for that, just chocolate and ice cream. I have gone as far as taking Popsicle and putting them in my mixer with almond milk and making like ice cream with that/ sometimes I have added un-flavored protein powder. 
      I feel better everyday. The energy is great to have with having younger kids and being able to have the energy to keep up. 😃
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Manisha Sharma

Buy Dohar Set Online: Top Picks for Cozy Comfort & Style 
      Check out our top selections for cozy bedding, perfect for adding a touch of style to your bedroom while ensuring warmth and comfort. Find the best Dohar sets online for ultimate comfort and style.

Visit - https://amoliconcepts.com/product-category/throws-quilts-dohars/
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

If anyone has any advice on how to make your stomach feel better after you eat something you shouldn't have or at too fast, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! It's painful on both sides of my abdomen (like to the point I'm doubled over and using a hot water bottle in addition to medicine) and I'm really nauseous (the thought or smell of food is 🤢).
      · 0 replies
    • Mandirigma

Just wondering if any of the Type 2 Diabetics also have there blood glucose go high when having only a Premier Protein drink for breakfast?  How does Premier Protein compare to BOOST Glucose Control in your experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches