Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I had my surgery less than 24 hours ago and writing this in the hospital now.

I made it very clear to my anesthesiologist and care team nausea is a concern for me and they’ve done everything they can to mitigate. So much that I’ve only felt one bout of nausea.

The pain I’m feeling is uncomfortable but not unbearable. Feel like I did crazy ab exercise and feeling sore.

Overall I feel good but this could be the fact I have an IV. Am I dreaming? Will I feel like crap when I get home?

Congrats on your surgery! I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well so far. I, too, was surprised by how easy my recovery was and how little pain I had. They gave me a prescription for Vicodin, but I didn't need to take any of it. Most people have trouble meeting their fluids and Protein goals in the beginning, and the IV helps with that while you're still in the hospital, but fingers crossed that your recovery continues to go smoothly!

My wife and I were very similar to you with only slight nausea and minor pain. The hardest part of my hospital stay was that it felt like they fed me 7 IVs and I had to use the restroom way too much (every 2 hours) even when I was asleep. I only took one prescription pain pill after the hospital and a few Tylenol over the next few days but that was it. My wife even started working a few hours from home less than a week after surgery because we felt so well.

Congratulations on your surgery and I hope you have a wonderfully smooth recovery.

2 hours ago, Brittsis17 said:

Hi everyone, I had my surgery less than 24 hours ago and writing this in the hospital now.

I made it very clear to my anesthesiologist and care team nausea is a concern for me and they’ve done everything they can to mitigate. So much that I’ve only felt one bout of nausea.

The pain I’m feeling is uncomfortable but not unbearable. Feel like I did crazy ab exercise and feeling sore.

Overall I feel good but this could be the fact I have an IV. Am I dreaming? Will I feel like crap when I get home?

maybe not - other than a bout of nausea a few hours after my surgery (and the nurses put Zofran in my IV bag, which helped with that), I had a ridiculously easy recovery. I even wondered if they'd even done the whole surgery!

Edited by catwoman7

Sounds like you are doing great!! I also had an easy recovery. I had a lot of fatigue, but no pain. Enjoy the naps!!! LOL!!!

Best of luck to you!!!

Yeah first thing I thought when I woke up from surgery was "Did they do the operation, I feel nothing?"

No pain just uncomfortable with the gas. I was released the next day.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly.

No, you are not dreaming. I was very much the same.

I had my surgery on 1/12!!! I’m an operating room nurse so I already knew the in’s and out’s of the procedure, but everything changes when you are the one on the operating room table!! Am I right ?
I have been feeling very uncomfortable and gassy. It’s a blessing to let out a burp and/or a fart, it’s the small things we take for granted that mean so much during a time like this. Nausea hasn’t been so bad but feeling like I got kicked in the abs 100x over is what is bothering me more so on the left side than the right.

What is everyone doing to get the gas out besides...WALKING !

Sounds like you're doing great. You'll be fine when you get home.

I agree with everyone here. It sounds like ur doing great! I felt like i did 1000 crunches for abt 4 dayd i think and nothing else..no nausea, no real pain..minor discomfort when i felt like i was sewn up real tight in the biggest incision but that goes away quickly too..just fatigue to look forward to and naps help that. Congrats on finally getting it done!!![emoji122][emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 01/14/2021 at 18:47, regina r said:

I agree with everyone here. It sounds like ur doing great! I felt like i did 1000 crunches for abt 4 dayd i think and nothing else..no nausea, no real pain..minor discomfort when i felt like i was sewn up real tight in the biggest incision but that goes away quickly too..just fatigue to look forward to and naps help that. Congrats on finally getting it done!!![emoji122][emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes that’s exactly it. I feel like I did an intense workout. Thank you!

You sound like you're doing great! I barely had any pain after also. I'm 17 days out today. The first week was a little rough for me. I had gas pains in places I'd never dreamed of. Lol. Like in my arms! I took the nausea meds just for a couple days. But even with feeling well, I still had moments of pain. But not many. I have also already started a workout routine. Lol. Wall push ups, easy crunches, high knees and planks. And I still don't feel bad. Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone! Still feeling great. But I’m feeling like I have such horrible cravings for real food. Like I just want some Peanut Butter, or a chicken breast. Even a whole wheat quesadilla. Is this normal??