Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else having major fluctuations from one day to the next regarding what you can eat, and how much you can eat? One day I'm able to eat just about anything on my list, and can eat quite a bit, and the next day everything I try to eat gets stuck. Yesterday was one of my "stuck" days, and today, I can eat much more than I would have thought possible, and don't feel full at all. Not that I'm feeling starved, but I don't feel that "full" sensation either. This seems to happen every few days, and I want to know if others are having the same issues.

Also, I would like to know how everyone else seems to be able to make the title of their post in large, bold letters. I have the option to change the font for the text portion of the post, but have no options available for the title. Any help?

Kristine

Texas

Welcome to the wonderful world of banding! :)

I am over a year post op and it still is the same way for me! Some days I can't even eta leftovers from a meal the day before! It is just how the bands can be, very very fickle.

Full for me is NOT what it was before. My throat gets full really, I no longer feel it is my tummy!

I am happy to see that someone else has stuck days and "I can eat days." I find I am still adjusting to what I can eat and not eat and how it goes down. Unfortunately, the junk food goes down the easiest. When it gets stuck I have pain in my chest and I start spitting up. Does that happen to anyone?

I had my third fill three weeks ago. Until that day I had no restriction. Now every day is a challange. I never know what I will be able to keep down. Like Boo Boo Kitty said some days I can eat something and can not eat the leftovers the next day. I PB almost every day slimming and chest pain. Many things I will never try to eat again like bread. I am guilty of not chewing and that is a big problem. Good luck.

JP

Psalm20, to change your message editing, go to UserCP in the Menu Bar. Then click on "Edit Options".

Go down the page to "Message Editor Interface" and in the first box, choose "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing". Then be sure to go to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.

This will give you the ability to underline and bold, etc...

Make33, Thank you so much! I would never have figured that out on my own.

Also, to BooBoo Kitty, GrantP and JPayton, I was secretly hoping that there would be an overwhelming response from others saying that once you get past the first month, or the first fill, there is never again a problem with these fluctuations :) But, what I really expected was what you echoed back to me. This is an ongoing challenge that we'll learn to deal with. Sigh. Have any of you spoken to your fill doctors about why this happens?

Also, JPayton, I'm wondering if your fills were really small or something. Is it unusual for it to take 3 fills to get restriction? After you were banded, did you have a short period of restriction, and then nothing after the inflammation went away, or was there really never any restriction at all until now?

Kristine

Texas (Banded on 11/12/07)

Actually, Make33, I just went into the editing and checked on what you suggested, and those options are already in place. The problem is, I can do full editing on the Message portion of the post, but can't do any editing at all on the Subject/Title line of the post. I even tried doing a cut/paste to put bold letters into the subject line, and that wouldn't work. There must be something I'm missing here.

Kristine

Like you, I looked all over and don't see any options for the title line. But also I don't see any title lines that have the bolding or underlining. Are you sure it's available?

If nothing else, you could email the site and ask them...

Welcome to the wonderful world of banding! :)

I am over a year post op and it still is the same way for me! Some days I can't even eta leftovers from a meal the day before! It is just how the bands can be, very very fickle.

Full for me is NOT what it was before. My throat gets full really, I no longer feel it is my tummy!

:clap2:

You are doing graet and your pictures are amazing!! How did you do it and you skin seems to be shrinking how do you do that. Sorry I was just banded and I am very intrested in peoples success stories

Christi

:clap2:

You are doing graet and your pictures are amazing!! How did you do it and you skin seems to be shrinking how do you do that. Sorry I was just banded and I am very intrested in peoples success stories

Christi

:) THANK YOU SO MUCH! You would be amazed to know I really need to hear that right now! I have a ton of tummy skin, otherwise it is not too bad. I work out constantly though. An hour a day at 4 am. I think that has been the key in my weight loss and skin. If only the tummy could be fixed without plastic surgery, ugh...

Brandy you are truly my inspiration......I have almost the same amount of weight to lose that your goal is. I was a size 26 tight size 26.

I have lost weight since surgery, will know for sure how much on Tuesday. I think it is nearly 20 pounds.

I can really tell it in my clothes.

You are amazing and your pictures truly tell your story....Congratulations on achieving your goal.

I would love to hear what kinds of things you eat and how much you are eating daily and what kind of excersize you are doing.

Thanks

Psalm 20, I was banded close to the same time you were. On November 7 to be exact. I felt restriction for about the first three weeks. I am "eligible" for a fill on the 19th of December but have decided not to do it until after the first of the year. I've only lost 10 pounds since surgery and it is an absolute fight everyday not to eat more than I should. My appetite is everything it ever was. While I've had some difficulties with things feeling stuck, I think it was because I forget to chew, chew, chew. Once I get filled, I'm really going to have to be careful and remember that.

Does anyone know if I've stretched my pouch by eating more than 1 cup of food at a time. Frankly, once my appetite came back, and I no longer felt restriction, I simply forgot to watch the amount I was eating. I'm sure that's why I've only lost 10 pounds.

Is there symptoms to having stretched your pouch that I can watch for? Remember I haven't had my first fill yet.

Brandy you are truly my inspiration......I have almost the same amount of weight to lose that your goal is. I was a size 26 tight size 26.

I have lost weight since surgery, will know for sure how much on Tuesday. I think it is nearly 20 pounds.

I can really tell it in my clothes.

You are amazing and your pictures truly tell your story....Congratulations on achieving your goal.

I would love to hear what kinds of things you eat and how much you are eating daily and what kind of excersize you are doing.

Thanks

Congratulations to you! 20 POUNDS is an awsome start! WOO HOO!!

AND thank you very much. I would be more than happy to tell you what I eat, ect but rather than hijack this thread, PM me and I can tell you! :)