Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Holidays From one Loser to my fellow other losers!

Whoever started the Loser club here it still to this day cracks me up and it is such a Oxy Moran statement. As we loose we become winners! Now that's a fact Jack.

So for all you new people less then say 8 Months and who are freaked out about the holidays and what is going on! Read below Veterans feel free to add to this thread

Lets start with you are in the same journey all of us did or are doing, My Journey was rough the first few months, the head games, the body fighting back, educating myself, etc. So all I can say is ride out the wave of aggravation, it does end. For me it was about the one year mark when I really realized how to run my body and stay healthy and happy. Not saying it will take everyone the same amount of time, but be patient you will get there. I crashed big time 2 months out, I have tossed up food many times, I fully agree there are some speed bumps in the journey!

Today is my second X mas and as a chef (professionally trained but run a engineering firm, thought it would be a good double major) I cook for many. This year is a private cook for families who are in need. I am Blown away by how many families I will be feeding this holiday, actually so many I have to do half today and the other half tommorrow. No big deal I have a huge outdoor kitchen and indoor kitchen and lost of help from some of my employees. The amount of gifts for those in need filled up two pickup trucks Never seen anything like this especially where I live in one of the wealthiest places in the world - Naples Florida..... So Will this bother me since I can not eat, NOPE! Now not going to say last x mas did piss me off a little but now I look at food as just a thing, Not a obsession that dang nearly killed me! You will get there also so once again if you are struggling ride out the wave it will pass. Reach out to friends and family or even here if you are having issues, ITS JUST FOOD! I know easier said at my stage then yours.

Wow while typing this a buddy called and said Steve had to go to the ICU for Covid, Can you go disinfect his house and dog. Part of my company is a remediation/Disinfectant company for mold and Now Covid. That puts things in perspective, he has been battling it all week from home.

Back on subject.

To wrap it up all I can say is the Holidays are about family and friends, Food is just a thing that in the USA gets abused. Focus on the good things this year and how good next year will be, WTF Knows it can not be any more insane then this year. But i have great kids and friends and great employees, that's what matters to me, Not food! So stay strong - Stay healthy- help those in need if you can - ask for help if you need it.

By the way I did call the North Pole and Santa is not a big fan of protean bars and yogurt. Screw him he should learn to eat healthier. No Cookies in this house for him!

Enjoy and Happy Holidays Please stay safe!

Merry Christmas to All!

11 minutes ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

Whoever started the Loser club here it still to this day cracks me up and it is such a Oxy Moran statement. As we loose we become winners! Now that's a fact Jack.

So for all you new people less then say 8 Months and who are freaked out about the holidays and what is going on! Read below Veterans feel free to add to this thread

Lets start with you are in the same journey all of us did or are doing, My Journey was rough the first few months, the head games, the body fighting back, educating myself, etc. So all I can say is ride out the wave of aggravation, it does end. For me it was about the one year mark when I really realized how to run my body and stay healthy and happy. Not saying it will take everyone the same amount of time, but be patient you will get there. I crashed big time 2 months out, I have tossed up food many times, I fully agree there are some speed bumps in the journey!

Today is my second X mas and as a chef (professionally trained but run a engineering firm, thought it would be a good double major) I cook for many. This year is a private cook for families who are in need. I am Blown away by how many families I will be feeding this holiday, actually so many I have to do half today and the other half tommorrow. No big deal I have a huge outdoor kitchen and indoor kitchen and lost of help from some of my employees. The amount of gifts for those in need filled up two pickup trucks Never seen anything like this especially where I live in one of the wealthiest places in the world - Naples Florida..... So Will this bother me since I can not eat, NOPE! Now not going to say last x mas did piss me off a little but now I look at food as just a thing, Not a obsession that dang nearly killed me! You will get there also so once again if you are struggling ride out the wave it will pass. Reach out to friends and family or even here if you are having issues, ITS JUST FOOD! I know easier said at my stage then yours.

Wow while typing this a buddy called and said Steve had to go to the ICU for Covid, Can you go disinfect his house and dog. Part of my company is a remediation/Disinfectant company for mold and Now Covid. That puts things in perspective, he has been battling it all week from home.

Back on subject.

To wrap it up all I can say is the Holidays are about family and friends, Food is just a thing that in the USA gets abused. Focus on the good things this year and how good next year will be, WTF Knows it can not be any more insane then this year. But i have great kids and friends and great employees, that's what matters to me, Not food! So stay strong - Stay healthy- help those in need if you can - ask for help if you need it.

By the way I did call the North Pole and Santa is not a big fan of protean bars and yogurt. Screw him he should learn to eat healthier. No Cookies in this house for him!

Enjoy and Happy Holidays Please stay safe!

Christmas is looking a little different around our place this year. We went and did some secret Santa drop offs last night that was kind of fun. Just dropped off a few boxes of gifts to a few neighborhood families that were really affected by the COVID and had a lot of fun with it but with being one month post VSG I planned on a low key Christmas because I wasn't sure how I would be feeling about everything.

Sad thing is I AM FINE!! I am cooking a big bird and a ham and all the fixings and we have a few folks who don't have anywhere to to coming by. I don't mind not eating at all. I mean I can taste it and know its fantastic and let everyone else feel miserable!!

We live in the tundra of North Dakota and its a whopping -11 right now so we are planning on going ice fishing this weekend with the nephews and processing our deer from this fall.

I was so afraid of the surgery because of the bad wrap it gets from the few bad stories out there and I have had a couple of bad days but all in all it has definitely been the best decision I have made in a very long time and I am so please with the outcome so far!!!

Its only up from here (or down on the scale) LOL