Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Serious Teeth problems after gastric bypass several years ago???

I’m sorry you thought I don’t trust my doctors. I didn’t mean that at all. They give you a list of all different things that can happen to you as a result of the Gastric Bypass surgery, and I did not see anything about bone loss in your jaw. I don’t know that it would have changed my mind about the surgery, but it’s good to know that this is also a possibility. I trust my doctors and I am still glad I had the surgery.

Over the years, we have had to get to know and visit various doctors with different complaints. At the dentist, patients with any discomfort in the oral cavity are usually referred to the leading cause in the occurrence of gum disease is "poor dental hygiene" as the people from https://thehealthysmile.net/, problems with the gums manifest themselves differently in each of the stages of their evolution. In the initial stages, gum diseases can be treated entirely. And that I don't think they come from gastric bypass, but they're not correctly cared for.

Edited by kateronhur

I have a call into my dentist regarding a noticeable increase in staining. Surgery related, I don’t know? I’ve always maintained proper dental care and hygiene. My teeth have yellowed over time more than I like but I drink a lot of instant iced tea and coffee, so that is not unexpected. Two possible new staining culprits could be my daily chocolate Protein Shake and an increase in iced tea made from brewed tea? Otherwise, no GERD or excessive vomiting. Sounds like the prescription toothpaste may be in my future.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products