Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

I had my VSG surgery in April 2017 & kept the weight off until you guessed it...Covid coupled with 2 back to back injuries. I’m now up 38 lbs from my lowest weight it 27 from where I was really maintaining. I feel really down and need to reset it all: track my Protein, start my Vitamins etc. I’ve let slider foods & poor snacking choices in & need them out!

I need some help with accountability & just a group I can turn to when I get the cravings & give in: after dinner or after 3:00. I would like to share my food log so I am committed to tracking.

Are there any groups I can join or anyone want to commit with me?

I'm in the same boat as you, gained 12 lbs with COVID and mental health issues. Just started 30 days ago working the program again. Let's do it together! We can do this. Hold each other accountable. Even and especially through the holidays.

6 hours ago, NotGivingUp2 said:

I had my VSG surgery in April 2017 & kept the weight off until you guessed it...Covid coupled with 2 back to back injuries. I’m now up 38 lbs from my lowest weight it 27 from where I was really maintaining. I feel really down and need to reset it all: track my Protein, start my Vitamins etc. I’ve let slider foods & poor snacking choices in & need them out!

I need some help with accountability & just a group I can turn to when I get the cravings & give in: after dinner or after 3:00. I would like to share my food log so I am committed to tracking.

Are there any groups I can join or anyone want to commit with me?

There was an active member on here a while ago who started a group akin to what I think you are describing. They do face to face zoom meetings a couple times a week. You can try messaging her via this forum, but I am not sure if she checks it very often. But it wouldn't hurt to try: @FluffyChix.

Good Luck!

@NotGivingUp2: I got curious so I did some digging and found the website where FluffyChix operates her accountability group: <--URL Removed-->

Good Luck!

Edited to add: Hmmmm...after some thought, I'm not sure its allowed to promote other bariatric-type group/forums on these boards, so I took the URL out in my original post, just in case. If you are interested, direct message me and I can forward you the link.

Edited by ms.sss

Notgivingup2 and Gradycat I am in a similar situation as the two of you. Maybe as a threesome we can help each other.

I was sleeved Jan 26 2016 along with a hernia repair and gallbladder removal. I got down to 217 and was told by my back Doctor that skin removal might help my back. Not being able to walk due to 6 herniated disc, spinal stenosis and radiculopathy he thought getting rid of the excess skin would help. So I had 4 Excess skin removal surgeries from 2017 till 2019. The last surgery in June 2019 resulted in 3 months of complication including MRSA. I was on 2 IV's of Vancomycin of 2 to 5 hours a day and could do nothing and I started gaining weight. By the time the pandemic hit I was up about 15 pounds to 232 pounds and now I am up another 25 to 257

After all my hard work to lose over 280 pounds I never dreamed I would have a regain. What a fool I was, however I am thrilled I have managed to keep off 240 pounds. In Nov I went back to another surgeon and he gave me a diet pill which has caused ringing in my ears within 2 weeks of taking it. I did lose 7 pounds but as soon as I went off the pill I gained that 7 pounds back. I have got to get this under control and head back down.

Have you both started doing anything to see the scales going down? With Christmas coming I need to really watch as I will not let myself get to 260.