Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A normal day of food post op?

On 11/28/2020 at 4:26 PM, TrueNorth1 said:

When you say vegetables are hard, what does that mean?

im noticing most people are not eating a lot of vegetables although they are low in cal and good nutrients.

Sorry so late responding-migraines days. It's really hard to eat almost everything most days for me. Lately, I've been just getting the hormel meals with chicken breast or alfredo with boiled chicken. Some days I can eat a bit of the Beefy macaroni-I find these meals, in small doses, to be the easiest if I eat every couple hours from the same tray. Even then, it's a toss-up on the day. I think veggies are falling under the category of everything else. It was difficult for me beforehand with the gag reflex, now it's more that you have to chew it a lot and keeping the taste while trying to continue to chew already difficult stuff is almost impossible. Maybe later on I can at least try some milder ones again.

I started my weight loss journey on 2/27/19.....my surgery was postponed due to the pandemic. Somehow I managed to lose 70 pounds before surgery. 1200 calories per day, exercise and working out with trainer. Since the surgery on 8/10, I have lost an additional 53 pounds. Very happy with my progress but I too am an overeater. I will have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life. I will also have to measure because I can overeat blueberries. So I make sure not to eat more than 4 to 5 ounces per meal. To my surprise, I am not hungry 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:36 PM, Marvella210 said:

I started my weight loss journey on 2/27/19.....my surgery was postponed due to the pandemic. Somehow I managed to lose 70 pounds before surgery. 1200 calories per day, exercise and working out with trainer. Since the surgery on 8/10, I have lost an additional 53 pounds. Very happy with my progress but I too am an overeater. I will have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life. I will also have to measure because I can overeat blueberries. So I make sure not to eat more than 4 to 5 ounces per meal. To my surprise, I am not hungry 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾.

I do believe we will ALL (on this journey) have to watch overeating! I know for sure I will. And AWESOME CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGH LOSS!!! WOW! YOU ARE INSPIRING! AND I LOVE BLUEBERRIES TOO! (Could be a worse food). Keep up the great work and I hope you continue to be satisfied with less! Merry Christmas!

On 12/4/2020 at 10:36 PM, Marvella210 said:

Wow, that's impressive! What are you eating these days?

Yes, most of us on here I think have to watch what we eat for the rest of our lives. I have to measure out my consumption or I think I would go over. I also use the food tracker because it makes me think about calories, fat and carbs. Surprising it is enough!

Nearly 6 months post op. I've lost exactly 20% of my weight which was my goal for 6 months. My daily "goals" are 70 Protein 70 (or less) carbs and under 1000 calories. I know most people eat less but I've been hungry since month 2 and these goals are manageable for me. I hit them pretty much every day.

Here's my honest to goodness a typical day. Sometimes I eat healthier:

Morning Smoothie: 0% Fage Greek yogurt, PB2 powder, Almond banana Milk, fresh spinach, and chocolate stevia drops. (23 protein, 13 carbs, 180 calories.

Lunch: 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese with a teaspoon of Ranch dressing and a small chopped Tomato. (12 protein, 10 carb, 100 calories)

and 1/4 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds (6 protein, 5 carb, 160 calories) I used to do a meat like chicken or fish instead of the seeds but I found these help me stay regular. Struggling to poop has made me miserable since surgery so I eat these seeds every day.

Afternoon Snack: IF I'VE HAD 48 oz of Water then I treat myself with this every day: 1 cup fairlife chocolate milk (14 protein, 13 Carb, 140 calories) 2 shots espresso (25 calories), Squirt of whipped cream (25 calories)

DInner: 2-3 oz chicken, or steak, or shrimp, or turkey. Small serving of cooked or raw veggie, 1 oz starchy carb like potato, rice, corn (it's literally 3 small bites worth but it helps me digest my protein).

Dessert/Treat: Chocolate almonds, cocomel caramels, or the like. Usually about 160 calories of candy. This is the part I should not have and usually makes me nausous. On occasion I skip it but not often.

Average about 56oz of water a day.

Edited by MaybeMeow2

Thanks so much for sharing, and for your honesty! I haven’t yet had any smoothie like your Breakfast one. I just can’t seem to muster the thots of drinking spinach! But maybe...... Awesome job on your weight loss, and keeping tabs on all your food, too. I’ve been writing it down, but I don’t know the calorie content. I just know that with my small portions, I have to be in good range. My Water is lower than 56, but I keep watch on the color of my urine, as the dr. told me I didn’t have to drink as much as I did at the beginning. But the dietician might have a different idea to help lose weight. Thank you again for your food for thought!