Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you gifting yourself anything special this holiday season?

I have been exercising more than I have in years, and I really wanted a fitbit, so I am gifting myself one for Christmas. I haven't made a final decision which one yet, probably versa 2 or 3, but that is my post-op gift to myself this year. Do you have anything you are wanting or gifting yourself this holiday season?

I think I'm gifting myself a Renpho body scale that I've been reading people on here talk about.

I think an activity tracker is the perfect self gift after WLS! I bought an Apple Watch for myself right after surgery. For Christmas this year, it is all about clothes. I am feeling great buying regular sizes and knowing I just look like a normal woman these days, rather than a morbidly obese woman. Best gift of 2020 was definitely my bypass surgery though!

I'm buying some new clothes from Black Friday sales, but I'm trying to restrain myself because I still plan to get smaller! I need a new coat because the zipper on my favorite coat is broken (and that one is now too big), but I decided to hold off until next year because if I buy one this year, I hope it will be too big by next year.

I put a FitBit Charge 4 on my wish list, so I'm hoping a family member will give it to me for Christmas. If not, I'll probably buy it for myself (these things always go on sale around New Year's). I got a FitBit One a few years ago, and I love it, but the Charge has some features the One doesn't have, so I think it's time for an upgrade.

I updated my old FitBit to the new Versa. Great sale on it at Costco! Also snagged some AirPods, which will be great for my walk/runs.

I love seeing all the things everyone wants to treat themselves with!!

1 hour ago, BigSue said:

I put a FitBit Charge 4 on my wish list, so I'm hoping a family member will give it to me for Christmas. If not, I'll probably buy it for myself (these things always go on sale around New Year's). I got a FitBit One a few years ago, and I love it, but the Charge has some features the One doesn't have, so I think it's time for an upgrade.

the Charge 4's are on sale for $99.99 in a few places - I know I've seen them for that at Target and Kohl's. I think maybe costco and Amazon, too (??)

I just saw the Fitbit charge 4 is 99.99 on qvc today, and they have free shipping and 5 easy pay, so like $20 per month for 5 months, that’s a really great deal:)

On 11/27/2020 at 10:29, WishMeSmaller said:

I think an activity tracker is the perfect self gift after WLS! I bought an Apple Watch for myself right after surgery. For Christmas this year, it is all about clothes. I am feeling great buying regular sizes and knowing I just look like a normal woman these days, rather than a morbidly obese woman. Best gift of 2020 was definitely my bypass surgery though!

Do you love your Apple Watch? I looked at them and decided that just for fitness I wanted the Fitbit, but I’ve tossed around getting my husband the Apple Watch, so I’d love to hear personal reviews on it!

19 minutes ago, Horseshowmom said:

Do you love your Apple Watch? I looked at them and decided that just for fitness I wanted the Fitbit, but I’ve tossed around getting my husband the Apple Watch, so I’d love to hear personal reviews on it!

I adore my Apple Watch. I had a FitBit years ago, which I could not love and ended up returning. I find the Apple Watch to be intuitive to use (iPhone and iPad user). I like to be able to glance at it to read texts without pulling out my phone. For activity tracking, I find all of the little reminders are annoying and motivating at the same time 😂 I use it to track all of my actual workouts, in addition to steps and general movements. I cannot speak to the modern FitBit, but I don’t plan on having anything other the an Apple Watch at this point.

1 hour ago, Horseshowmom said:

I love mine. I've had one since they first came out. The one I have now the Third Generation, which I've had for a couple years...I haven't felt the need to upgrade since (I think they are at the Sixth Generation now).

*WARNING: this is long*

Things I love:

• the regular health/activity stuff: activity tracker/heart rate monitor/flights climbed/
  • waterproof: can even track my swimming laps!
  • can keep my phone in my purse/pocket as I get all my notifications on my watch...just pull it out when I need to
  • remote control my phone's camera from a distance, for those wider angle group shots.
  • can answer my phone on my watch if my phone is in another room (I don't do this often because I feel ridiculous talking to my wrist - a la star trek - but its handy for emergencies). Can also talk to Siri this way, but again, I feel stupid.
  • Control phone's music (play, pause, select songs, etc)...esp handy when on runs
  • the timer...i know this is a basic feature, but its probably the feature I used/use the most. It was especially useful when I was timing my bites back in my weight loss phase.
  • Apple Pay from the watch.
  • Durability. I don't know how many times I've banged the thing on stuff, and it still doesn't have a scratch on it...still looks like what it did when I got it out of the box.

Things I'm not crazy about:

• Face Size. I initially had the bigger faced-one but even when I was obese, it looked so big on my my wrist. I can only imagine how the bigger one would look on me now. With that said, I have the smaller-faced one now, but my old-age-deteriorating eyesight is making it difficult to read. Wish the screen had a zoom function or something.
  • In-the-box Band Size of the Sport Band: I have smallish wrists and I had to wear it on the second smallest notch (after I lost some weight) which resulted in all this extra band left tucked under. I did just get a smaller after-market one online, but its not as good quality as the original Apple Sport Band.
  • Battery-life. I think alot of other smart watches can last 3-4 days on a single charge. Mine lasts about 24-30 hours. So I end up just putting it on the charger before I go to bed, so I have never been able to really try out the sleep monitoring function is has. Boo. On the bright side, it doesn't take long to charge it to an acceptable level (20-30 mins) if I happen to forget to charge one night.
  • The "lift-wrist-to-wake" functionality is not 100% consistent (I'd give it maybe an 80-85%), and the opposite "tap-to-wake" function is sorta annoying (but works 100% of the time). This may have been addressed in later versions, though.
  • It's not very pretty...especially when the screen off. I mean, it is a smart watch, so what do I expect, but I wish it looked more like a classic analog watch, or something.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:16 PM, catwoman7 said:

the Charge 4's are on sale for $99.99 in a few places - I know I've seen them for that at Target and Kohl's. I think maybe costco and Amazon, too (??)

Yeah, it's on sale on Amazon, too. I'm hoping someone in my family takes advantage of the good price and buys it for me for Christmas! We all just buy stuff from one another's wish lists, so I have to put some things on my list for people to buy me. If not, I figure it will probably go on sale again around New Year's. I've already spent waaaaaaaay too much money on Black Friday shopping.

My biggest gift to myself is my upcoming sleeve on the 22nd!

I also LOVE headphones, I wear them to walk, mow the grass (and we have a mini farm so we mow A LOT), Zumba...so dh got me some apple air pods. I’m a loyal Apple fan. Phone, MacBook, iPad, Apple Watch kind of people so they were fitting. I love my Apple Watch. I have the 3rd generation and it’s still going strong. I have no complaints! I like it when I take the kids to the Y, I can sit in the pool with the little ones and still get my text and stuff without having to worry about it ruining getting wet!