Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

You're going to get a chuckle out of this but I've had to start getting my husband to hide the scale from me.

I was weighing daily and water/fluid and daily fluctuations were discouraging me, so he encouraged me to just way once a week, on Monday mornings.

I couldn't resist looking every day, so he finally had to hide the scale from me from Monday after I weighed in until the next Monday morning so I wouldn't obsess about it.

How often do you find yourself weighing?

Hi! I'm on team weigh-every-day.

Every morning when I get up, I pee, take off all my clothes and get on the scale.

I'm a numbers and data kind of gal and I like (love, really) keeping track of progress over time...my scale is hooked up to an app on my phone, so all the graphing, etc. is done for me. This allows me to see any trends in weight loss/gain and make adjustments if necessary. I've been doing this for over 2 years now. (I did go through about a 60 day period when I DIDN'T do it daily, AND stopped tracking my food regularly, around Febuary-March of this year, and lo and behold, I gained 6 lbs)

I understand though, that this is not for everybody.

Its probably best to use the scale as often as you can stand without inducing anxiety. This will be different for everybody.

Edited by ms.sss

Morning, Night, before/after pee, before/after poop, sometimes before/after shower to see how much my wet hair weighs. I'm a little obsessed! LOL!!

Only the Morning weigh in gets logged in my Renpho! The rest are just for fun!!

9 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

sometimes before/after shower to see how much my wet hair weighs.

LOVE. IT. 🤣

I'm going to find out how much my wet hair weighs today!

Edited by ms.sss

Same, EVERY morning like clockwork. I don’t let it get me down, expect fluctuations but as long as overall trend is right I’m a happy lady.

Will never, ever give it up! Waaaaay to easy for me to look the other way and bury head in the sand—been there and know how that movie ends.😫

I have said this many times here! I only weighed myself every sunday morning.

My joke here is

IF you continue to weigh yourself you are going to end up in a rubber room with a jacket the buckles from the bank, wearing a helmet to stop you from licking the windows!

In other words your weight will fluctuate do not let it play head games with you

Once a week at this point. I know there are fluctuations, but it can still throw me off. Way too easy for me to throw up my hands, and say - well, might as well eat what I want today since XYZ happened already! I haven't yet gotten my tool :) but I'm working on some good habits now to prep for after.

Since I got my scale (about a month before surgery) I weigh every morning after I use the bathroom. I am aware that there are fluctuations due to many things, so I don't freak out if it doesn't move or it goes up a smidge :) I am approaching 3 weeks post-op, so I anticipate a stall here soon...

Lol 😆 I am somewhere between @ms.sss and @ChubRub. My “official” weight is every morning, after peeing, with no clothes on. But...I have been know to weigh myself about 20 x per day🤣 It is important to know your “wet” vs. “dry” weight. Lol

Every Friday morning as soon as I get finished going to the bathroom, wearing just a bra and panties.

Every morning, after peeing, naked! I know that if I let it go, I will stop weighing and that's when the pounds creep up! I don't let it get to me (although I have been known to crawl back in bed until I have to pee again)!

I too am a “every morning” weigh-er. Just after I wake up, pee, brush my teeth and wash my face, either naked but more likely with just my underwear on. I convinced myself that underwear is okay after weighing myself approximately 90 times to convince myself that it made no difference. I live in a 150-year-old house that is extremely drafty! 😳

I weigh myself every morning. I know there are little changes every day, and I don't let that bother me. But I take it as a time to reflect for a second, set an intention and try to be more aware throughout the day. The days I don't weigh or track, I kinda go off the rails. So its gentle accountability for me.

I weigh myself a couple of times a week. I'm happy as long as there's a downward trend.