Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight regain...I don't know where to start.

I have found that the last couple weeks have been very stressful for me. And it showed on my scale. Nothing alarming, since I was aware that I was eating more and eating at odd times and felt more hungry. Between the take over of the Capitol and having extended family with Covid and them being in the hospital, and then losing one to Covid; and then as a healthcare community worker getting my first vaccination and yes, being worried, but relieved to start that process.... it was just so much. Inauguration night my adult daughter and I made strawberry margaritas (hey- with fresh strawberries and fresh lime) and I got back on track again.

It was a good three weeks of anxiety that just did not go away. We are human. We react to situations in our lives. And we can recognize it, forgive ourselves and move on. Last night's dinner was fresh cauliflower rice, with chopped fresh carrots, brocolli, asparagus. I pre steamed those, sautéed shallots in a bit of olive oil then added all the chopped veggies, lemon pepper and some other herbs. A sprinkle of parm. cheese on top of my bowl of veggies and that was dinner. Steamed eggs this morning. Back on track.

On 1/2/2021 at 4:47 PM, BriarRose said:

I am 10 years out from a sleeve. Sleeved at about 300 lbs. Started at 320. 5'3" and I was 54 years old. I lost total of 150 pounds to 170. Then life happened. Lost my mom, then my younger brother then my dad.... and divorced and single parenting and moving and working and well.... I gained back to 220.

About a year and a half ago I decided I needed to make changes. Small ones. and little by little I got control back. I didn't do a major diet, I didn't do a fast or liquids only. I just started eliminating one lousy food and then another... and replacing one bad habit with a good and positive one. No cheap chocolate. Only good expensive chocolate. And one or two pieces is enough when it is really good chocolate. No potato chips. Air pop popcorn. Salads. fruit. Veggies. Protein. More Water. I have never been a soda drinker so that was not it for me. Just rebuilding good habits. I lost 45 pounds in 14 months. Not fast. But steady. And I took breaks to see what it would take to maintain that weight. Since September when I got back to 175 I have lost another 2 pounds. I will be 65 in two months. I know I will never be THIN. I don't need to be. But I am stronger, healthier, happier and maintaining my weight at a level that I can for the rest of my lifetime. Eating well. Moving more.

You can do this. Figure out what will work for you. Then do it.

Wow, I could have written that! I’m 8 years out, and my stats are very close to yours. I’m currently up to 223...which is down 10 pounds from 3 weeks ago. I’ve started watching carbs, and I do count calories, too. I stay around 1100-1200 calories and 30-50 carbs. Basically eating the way I did to lose the weight. I’m also good about working out and staying active. I just am so aggravated I let this happen, but that’s a waste of energy. You’re so right, we have to figure out what works and stick with it.

This is very encouraging. I’m 5 years PO. How do you motiv8 yourself during the rough times?

6 hours ago, AnewAngela said:

This is very encouraging. I’m 5 years PO. How do you motiv8 yourself during the rough times?

One day at a time. Sometimes one meal at a time. Or congratulating yourself on walking past the candy bars at the market check out. I have kept that 45 pounds off 10 years out. So it is 145 pounds gone ! I went to Target this weekend because I noticed my "new" XL blouses for work that I got last year at maybe minus 35 pounds of the 45 were slipping off my shoulders. I bought two tops in size "L" - THAT hasn't happened in 40 years.

It is not always easy. My weight goes between 172 and 176 now. I have had to learn that THAT is normal. If I get to that 176 - I stop and look at what did I eat , drink .... do or not do..... the last two days... It is usually that i ate a meal out. Even salad. Everyone uses added salt. I do not - the salt in salad dressings, or prepared items is a lot for me. An order of Panda Express veggies and chicken (and only eating half or less) will add pounds for days due to the salt and msg. I am careful, but not crazed. I weigh myself daily or every other day. I plan meals and Snacks as I work full time and need to have a few meals ready for full days.

Figure yourself out then make a plan. YOU CAN DO THIS !

On 11/18/2020 at 8:17 PM, kellym1220 said:

I was on a call with my nutritionist tonight and someone else on my call asked about it and she said that anyone in this situation should do a 10 day liquid diet re-boot. I've seen several on this site, but since my nutritionist recommended it, it's what I would try.

Have you started this and what have you done to begin. I had VSG 2014, past year I have gained 20 pounds after I reached my goal. I’m so disappointed and discouraged.. anything helps

This is where I am at and why I came back on this sight. With Covid and taking. Care of hospice patient in my home I have gained some weight and not excersizing at all. Where do I start?