Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a success story...10 years I have weighed 125lbs and now going through menopause I have gained 10lbs I can not get off. Anyone have this problem? i was 38 years old when I had surgery and I will be 49 in February 2021.

I weighed 232lbs post having 4 kids in my 20s.

I am only 5ft 3in...the first year there were ups and downs but I lost 105 lbs first year.

Any suggestions to help me through menopause from the ladies ???

😊 Thanks

Congrats on your long term success!

No real words of wisdom, but the possibility of intermittent fasting comes to mind if you haven’t yet been that route.

Maintaining your loss for 10 years is amazing. You are an inspiration.

Menopause was when I put on about 15kg which I couldn’t shift & it’s what motivated me to have the surgery. I’d already put on a similar amount when peri menopausal & couldn’t shift that either. I put on both lots in very short periods of time. Damn hormones!

I don’t know if it really did help but I didn’t put on any more weight once I started using HRT. Maybe worth a conversation with your doctor.

On 10/17/2020 at 2:18 PM, Crystal Dawn 10 years said:

I am a success story...10 years I have weighed 125lbs and now going through menopause I have gained 10lbs I can not get off. Anyone have this problem? i was 38 years old when I had surgery and I will be 49 in February 2021.

I weighed 232lbs post having 4 kids in my 20s.

I am only 5ft 3in...the first year there were ups and downs but I lost 105 lbs first year.

Any suggestions to help me through menopause from the ladies ???

😊 Thanks

wow.... congrats. You are a success.

We have the same status.. pretty much. I'm 5'2" and started my journey with LB 2009 @ 232lbs. Got and stayed at 143lbs for years.... band removal 2017. Was able to keep my weight with in 10-15 till i hit menopause at 50-51. I tried everything to get it off. Didn't have much luck. I had been looking for a dr. that would do a revision, but they all said i didn't weigh enough. The end of 2018 beginning of 2019 i packed on more weight. Got to 173lbs. I was at my wits end when i found my dr. here that agree to do the Sleeve at a 31Bmi. In May we took a pre-honeymoon to Italy and i felt terrible. (plus i had hurt my ankle 4 weeks earlier at crossfit falling off the ab machine). That same May i finally got my property settlement from my ex and i took 14k and invested it in ME..... So 8/28/19 i had the sleeve done and i went from 173 to 120 in 10 months. I sure hope i have the continued success you have.

I can honestly say that i think if you do the liq diet for one week you will lose that 10lbs..... but you should go to your GYN and maybe look into hormone replacement. I'm on Estradiol tab. 1mg