Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone November 2020

On 11/7/2020 at 6:37 PM, futureshrink said:

No, tomorrow. I’m trying to keep it together and might be due to sleep deprivation, food deprivation, caffeine deprivation, and election stress. Plus I live alone and although I have great support i live an hour from the hospital.

How did it go & how are you feeling?

I am scheduled for a revision surgery on 11/19/20, I am on my 14 day pre-diet. I dont have to do the liquid diet but just a low carb, high Protein diet. I am mentally ready to get this over with in order to feel better. I have started prepping for my pureed diet once I get home from the hospital. I am freezing pureed food so that I can be ready to have meals on hand. Its been 7 yrs since my sleeve so I have to get my mind wrapped around how it was when i got home from the hospital. Good look to everyone on this journey

18 hours ago, ksgypsy said:

How did it go & how are you feeling?

Yesterday was pretty rough. Toady is better. I was super nauseated yesterday. I’m up to full liquids and if I do okay and I walk 3 times around the hall I go home tomorrow. How are you doing?

3 hours ago, futureshrink said:

Yesterday was pretty rough. Toady is better. I was super nauseated yesterday. I’m up to full liquids and if I do okay and I walk 3 times around the hall I go home tomorrow. How are you doing?

Good to have behind you eh? Day 5 & my first day of full liquids. Feeling very weak & still bloody, loose stools. Certain that it will just take time & healing. Hope you continue on the upswing & can go home tomorrow. Betting your kitties will be SO happy to see you! 😺😺

4 hours ago, valarie9257 said:

My surgery is also November 23

Congrats! I'm Nov 23 also.. today is day 1 of surgery preop diet.

I am currently waiting to get prepped for surgery. starts at 10. Will text you all later. I am very nervous !

2 hours ago, cpudoctor2020 said:

I am currently waiting to get prepped for surgery. starts at 10. Will text you all later. I am very nervous !

🙏 Hope it went smoothly and you have an easy recovery!

Smitty74. My date is the same. How you holding out?

13 hours ago, ksgypsy said:

Good to have behind you eh? Day 5 & my first day of full liquids. Feeling very weak & still bloody, loose stools. Certain that it will just take time & healing. Hope you continue on the upswing & can go home tomorrow. Betting your kitties will be SO happy to see you! 😺😺

Just waiting for my ride to get here so I can go home! Sorry you are still having such a rough time. 🥺

Edited by futureshrink

4 hours ago, cpudoctor2020 said:

Let us know how it went

On 11/9/2020 at 10:02 AM, mocha2871@yahoo.com said:

I am scheduled for a revision surgery on 11/19/20, I am on my 14 day pre-diet. I dont have to do the liquid diet but just a low carb, high Protein diet. I am mentally ready to get this over with in order to feel better. I have started prepping for my pureed diet once I get home from the hospital. I am freezing pureed food so that I can be ready to have meals on hand. Its been 7 yrs since my sleeve so I have to get my mind wrapped around how it was when i got home from the hospital. Good look to everyone on this journey

Is there a reason why you don't have to be on a liquid diet? And if you don't mind sharing, why are you getting the sleeve after bypass?

I am just a week away and 1 whole week into the liquid diet. It will all be here before we know it.

Welcome all November babies, including myself! My surgery was 11/5/20. It's not a full sleeve* due to other health reasons, but for all intents and purposes my recovery is the same.

How is everyone doing? I'm finding that my energy is flagging.....so I'm going to work on drinking drinking drinking.

*Edited to add: Not a full sleeve because I've had multiple GI surgeries and have too much scar tissue to do the sx in a traditional manner. When I re-read my original sentence, it sounded like "oh I've only got a half sleeve" or something similar. Nope, this was a pretty hefty surgery with multiple organs involved, and my "sleeve" is a bit non-traditional. Thank goodness for doctors who will work cooperatively. 🙂

Edited by FlyingKettlebell

3 hours ago, FlyingKettlebell said:

Welcome all November babies, including myself! My surgery was 11/5/20. It's not a full sleeve* due to other health reasons, but for all intents and purposes my recovery is the same.

How is everyone doing? I'm finding that my energy is flagging.....so I'm going to work on drinking drinking drinking.

I just got home today. Surgery was Sunday. I’m super tired and uncomfortable. Not in pain just can’t get comfy.