Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone November 2020

42 minutes ago, cpudoctor2020 said:

Yes I got to go home and I slept much better last night. I still have not had a bowl movement and my doctor said to take milk of magnesia so far nothing .

My theory is there isn’t enough calories in your body to move. Good to hear you are home. I had planned to sleep in my recliner because I wasn’t sure I could get out of my bed. But I wanted to sleep in my bed so bad and I decided to try it. I can get out of bed so no sleeping in the recliner. 🥳

Edited by futureshrink

On 11/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, RavensLady Annette said:

HI. My RNY bypass surgery is November 18, 2020. I started my pre-surgery diet on November 4, 2020 and only loss about 2 pounds. I feel that is not enough for one week. Shouldn’t there be more weight loss in one week? I have one more week to go on my pre-surgery diet.

Try to stay positive.....I AM YOUR SURGERY TWIN!!! I am on my two week liquid diet as well. Just stay the course and stay positive. Often it shows more in the feel/clothing/etc....than in the number.

I believe in you,

I had my surgery yesterday and everything went smoothly. The worse part is the gas left in your stomach. It is so uncomfortable even painful at times as it has had made my back ache and my chest hurt almost like pressure from indigestion. I've been walking and doing my breathing treatments which helps. I hope it endssoon

Sent from my LM-V600 using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, kimikarma said:

I’m using Orgain Protein Powder (unsweetened). It’s base is pea Protein. It’s not my favorite mixed with just juice & Water. I’ll make due for a few weeks. It’s fine when I make my shakes using whole vegetables & fruits.

I don’t have sugar free restrictions. My doc just wants a low sugar diet. When drinking juice he asks that I dilute with 50% water. I buy juices with no added sugar from my local grocery or Trader Joe’s. They also carry it at health food stores. You nay also find sugar free options.

Which Protein powder are you using? I have been using vega sport and I'm not a fan. Were you able to find sugar free juice? I was told juice isn't allowed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, SassySonz said:

I had my surgery yesterday and everything went smoothly. The worse part is the gas left in your stomach. It is so uncomfortable even painful at times as it has had made my back ache and my chest hurt almost like pressure from indigestion. I've been walking and doing my breathing treatments which helps. I hope it endssoon

I hope you feel better soon. My doc recommended Mylicon (gas relief for infants) and it worked great. After week 1 I haven’t needed it. Maybe check w/your doctor if it is ok for you.

7 hours ago, SassySonz said:

I was so uncomfortable the first night, but things are much much better about 2 days later. Keep up the walking. It will get better.

1 hour ago, futureshrink said:

I was so uncomfortable the first night, but things are much much better about 2 days later. Keep up the walking. It will get better.

My surgery is tomorrow and I strained a calf muscle today so the walking is going to be fun.

I am scheduled for bypass on 11/25 but am having a hard time getting excited about it as 3 out of 5 of the hospital systems in my area (Portland, Oregon) have suspended elective surgeries due to the rise in covid cases, mine hasn’t yet, but it’s likely. Ugh... max out of pocket is met, so frustrating.

I am scheduled for bypass on 11/25 but am having a hard time getting excited about it as 3 out of 5 of the hospital systems in my area (Portland, Oregon) have suspended elective surgeries due to the rise in covid cases, mine hasn’t yet, but it’s likely. Ugh... max out of pocket is met, so frustrating.
I am scheduled for the 23rd. Portland providence. I sure hope they don't stop before we get outs done. This pre op diet sucks. Lol

Sent from my LM-G820 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/12/2020 at 21:29, beachparty said:

I am scheduled for the 23rd. Portland providence. I sure hope they don't stop before we get outs done. This pre op diet sucks. Lol

Sent from my LM-G820 using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh man. Fingers crossed for both of us! I’m at Providence as well. Hospital told me yesterday, we should know more after the weekend and that they really need the cases to start going back down to continue with surgeries. Good luck to you!!!

8 hours ago, Doug E Mo said:

My surgery is tomorrow and I strained a calf muscle today so the walking is going to be fun.

Good luck with surgery! Sending positive thoughts to you. They will give you nice drugs in the hospital and you will forget all about your calf strain. 😁

8 hours ago, Chelle1007 said:

I am sending positive thoughts your way. I just had mine at ohsu Sunday. I really hope that you get your surgery on time.