Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone November 2020

I thought my surgery was going to be in Dec, but they only had Nov 30th available. So here I am. I'm nervous but excited.

3 hours ago, niabo said:

I thought my surgery was going to be in Dec, but they only had Nov 30th available. So here I am. I'm nervous but excited.

All natural. Best of luck and we’re here so let us know if we can help.

Tomorrow is my big day. Incredibly anxious and dreading it.

11 hours ago, SassyTigris said:
On 10/20/2020 at 9:45 PM, caitmarie said:
I’m scheduled on November 2. I just started pre op diet on Sunday. It’s been hard so far. I have gotten premier Proteins in different flavors. I have lots of sugar and calorie free Water mix ins. broth sips. I have been trying to find sugar free popsicles but my stores are out so far. I have 4 oz tupperware already so I didn’t want to get 2 oz ones. I did get a larger bottle (32 oz) and a cup (16) for work. Maybe something that can keep you busy? Coloring. Drawing. Music. Reading etc. I’ve found it easier when I’m busy.

I'm on the second as well... On the way to the hospital now! Prayers for all of us!

Hope your surgeries went well!! :1356_pray_tone2::1356_pray_tone2:

39 minutes ago, SAS11 said:

Tomorrow is my big day. Incredibly anxious and dreading it.

Best wishes for your surgery!!

11 hours ago, Luna805 said:

I see a lot more people getting the sleeve. I’m also getting bypass on November 18th. Good luck to you! I’ll be curious and checking in! I only wanted the sleeve starting in January this year. But after Covid, it was pushed way back and I had more time to research. The amount of conversion to bypass from sleeve was something I learned during the wait time. So happy I changed my mind :)

I was going to get the sleeve initially as well but since I already had a failed band surgery, I just didn’t want to go through any more surgeries than I have to.

20 minutes ago, ksgypsy said:

Best wishes for your surgery!!

I had mine today. No pain, but I’ve been incredibly groggy all day. Water tastes terrible and I LIKE water! I’m just hoping it is the taste of the hospital’s water and when I get home it will be good again. I managed to get broth and some Jello down. Not really feeling a restriction though. Overall, it hasn’t been as hard as I expected it to be.

Good luck to all the folks in the future and I hope the folks who also had surgery today are doing well!

2 minutes ago, Neller said:

I had mine today. No pain, but I’ve been incredibly groggy all day. Water tastes terrible and I LIKE water! I’m just hoping it is the taste of the hospital’s Water and when I get home it will be good again. I managed to get broth and some Jello down. Not really feeling a restriction though. Overall, it hasn’t been as hard as I expected it to be.

Good luck to all the folks in the future and I hope the folks who also had surgery today are doing well!

Yay for you!!!

November 13th for DS...anxious not worried...ready to do this...started the process with another surgeon last year but my insurance changed the first of the year and I had to switch surgeons and go through the whole process all over.

17 hours ago, Luna805 said:

I see a lot more people getting the sleeve. I’m also getting bypass on November 18th. Good luck to you! I’ll be curious and checking in! I only wanted the sleeve starting in January this year. But after Covid, it was pushed way back and I had more time to research. The amount of conversion to bypass from sleeve was something I learned during the wait time. So happy I changed my mind :)

I wanted to get the bypass, but I have RA and there definition times in the future when I will need to take NSAIDS so sleeve was my only real option. From what I hear of done properly it can be just as effective so I have my fingers crossed.

Edited by SassyTigris

15 hours ago, Luna805 said:

Conversion rate from Sleeve to Bypass is a lot higher then I expected. I found people a few years out having trouble with acid with the sleeve. After researching, bypass is still the only one considered the gold standard for weight loss. I liked the longevity of information on bypass and the lower weight that can be reached. This is just my findings and when I brought it up to my surgeon she agreed with my switch plan. But sleeve people are still having great results, there’s no wrong surgery. Just bypass felt better for me after learning more about sleeve conversion to bypass.

That is good to know. I’m scheduled to have my sleeve on Friday. I wonder if it’s too late to switch to bypass? I’ll have to ask today.

2 hours ago, Boymama said:

That is good to know. I’m scheduled to have my sleeve on Friday. I wonder if it’s too late to switch to bypass? I’ll have to ask today.

There's a lot of good with the sleeve as well...check which surgery is best for you with your doctor. 🙂

On 11/03/2020 at 03:20, Boymama said:

The great thing is, they both work! Pick which one is right for you. That was just my thought process on why I switched. But I have friends who say sleeve was the best decision they’ve ever made. Really it’s a win/win on whichever you and your doctor decide. Friday is coming up soon, good luck to you! Let us know how it goes 🎉