Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

will i gain weight when i advance to next phase in my diet?

right now i am on a soft Protein diet and on tuesday it will be 2 weeks post op and i will advance to potato and veg and some fruits. i am worried that i will start gaining some of the weight that i just lost. my surgeon said that i shouldnt gain any weight back because my calorie intake is under 2000.

andrea

I have been banded almost 5 weeks and have been on solids for a week with no weight gain. My weight loss is getting a little slower but have kept losing up until the last few days. I need to get back into regular exercise which I'm sure will help.

Andrea, a bandser typically eats 800-1k calories. Not sure if you are losing on 2k calories or not. If you are good job. If not, you should decrease. Yes, I gained 7 lbs in between fills.

it shouldnt stretch your stomach if you are eating small amounts. i am on soft Protein right now also. sometimes i do eat more than what is recommended so i hope that doesnt affect my size of my stomach. i feel guilty when i eat a little more than im suppose to. i am eating around 800 calories a day. in the past few days if been snacking a little more but on sf pudding and Jello. the only thing is the pudding is 100 calories per serving whereas the jello is 10 calories per serving. i already has 2 puddings today so i need to really think about what i eat for the rest of the day. things seemed so much easier for the first week because i was still swollen and had restriction and no appetite now i am getting hungrier. i also think that some of it may be because im getting better and being home all day makes me think about food. hopefully when i go back to work ill be less focused on food. its so hard when you get your appetite back.

andrea

thanks for answering Andrea!! I am eating about 900 calories a day.No bread, pasta.or fruit.No raw veggies.I'm home too and getting hungrier now.Plus i stopped smoking 6 wks. ago.Feel free to e mail me i'd love to hear how you are doing. tawaci1870@yahoo.com

linda

I lost 22 pounds when I went for my 2 week post op and I think I gained a few pounds back when I moved to mushie foods but they are starting to come back off again so its not that much of a worry.

It's common to stop losing or even gain a couple pounds when you go back of full foods before your first fill. Don't worry about it; your band really isn't doing much for you until you get your first fill. Things should change after the fill.

thanks for the feedback, it just feel good for once to lose weight so i dont want to gain it back fast. i guess i should be greatful that i have lost 13lbs in 2weeks. i have been eating a little more than i should so i need to be more aware and drink more fluids instead of snacking on sf pudding or Jello

andrea