Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Post-Op Thread

I am a Mexico patient so it's been pretty much a whirlwind over the last three days. I flew out to Tijuana on Thursday, was banded on Friday and flew back to the East Coast on Saturday. Now it's Sunday morning and my biggest complaint is how nasty my antibiotic pill taste when crushed in sugar free Jello. I did a ton of walking on Friday and Saturday (during flight layover) and pounded down the gas x strips and I think that really helped. I don't feel any gas pain at all this morning and my stomach just feels like I did about 500 situps. It is such a relief to be one the other side. I can't wait until all the Merry losers are banded! I found myself getting very anxious and morbid about the surgery - but all my fears were unfounded. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to hear your recovery stories!

Newblue

Hello All!!

So happy that everyone is doing so well.

I was banded on the 5th. The surgery only took about 30 minutes and doc told my husband that everthing went very well.

I had no pain until the second day. Took pain medication for 2 and half days and now just occasional tylenol.

I have not gotten much down as it does give me some weird feeling of GURGLE....Kind of nausea, kind of gas...just not sure.

Went shopping yesterday and today feeling wonderful....barely any pain.

I have not stepped on the scale as I want to hold out for my first Dr appt on 12/20. We will see if I can make it.

It is so strange to feel the port. It is right above my waist.

My doc used glue for stitches so I can see that they are healing well.

Good luck to all!!! It has and will continue to be a journey....

Hi! I just had my band last Friday, December 7th. It's Sunday and I must admit I am feeling really hungry. I am still on the clear liquid diet and drinking my clear protein..Aghhh. When did you guys transition to regular liquids ( Protein Shakes, ect.) I am hoping for Tuesday but would like to start Monday evening? Any suggestions would be helpful.

My surgery went well, I have had two friends go through the gastric bypass and I felt like I was pretty prepared. Now I am thinking about all the things I have to change about my life, I knew them before going into the surgery but this has been a pretty emotional day for me. Did I make the right choice, will I be happy with my results, will I have any results? Just not quite sure what to feel or think right now. I'm a "hot mess" :)

Hey girls, glad to hear all the success stories, and glad to be a part of it myself! We are all in this together! Is anyone else having problems with burping? When I burp I feel like my stomach is rolling around. It is very uncomfortable. Besides that and some lingering gas pains in my shoulder, I think I'm doing really well.

I got banded on Friday, 12/7 ... I feel so much better today. I am actually laying on my side as I am typing this. Yesterday, I felt horrible, that morphine wore off, and I was really regretting it ... today has been much better.

Today has made me feel wayyy more optimistic about this surgery :)

Ok, I am on day 7 post banding, I still have a bit of gas but at least my body doesn't growl anymore (lol).

I haven't needed the pain meds since last Wednesday, but I still feel really tired - that could be due to a liquid diet. I am soooo looking forward to next week when I start on mushy foods.:hungry:

I am still really nervous about the choice I have made as it is going to be a whole new lifestyle for me. I am off to see the nurse practitioner at my surgeons office on Wednesday and will get them to weigh me on their scales but my bathroom scales are saying that I have lost about 15kg (33lbs) since 1 November :whoo:but I'm not going to jump for joy just yet.

Danna:bounce:

It's hard to believe that we are a week out already! Wow . . . and waiting for the mushie food for another week is going to bug me I think . . . my stomach was growling for the first time tonight . . . but . . . seven more days after all the years of "free for all" eating is a small price to pay! Glad you're feeling good . . . I'm back to work tomorrow . . . ughhhh (I could get spoiled staying home I think) .. . or get totally bored staying home . . . I could be out EXERCISING MORE! :)

Hugs to all! And good luck to all those going in this week! We're waiting for you!

Chris

I just got home from the hospital. I was the first one on the theatre list this morning (Monday 10th), went under the knife just after 8am and was in recovery by 9:30-10am. Spent the day in the ward with a drip giving fluids and drugs (nothing fun though frown.gif) and got out at 8:30pm. Feeling quite well, considering... stomach muscles are a little sore around the incisions (6 different incisions!) and a little bit of gas pain from when they inflate your abdmonen, but otherwise feeling fine!

Whoohoo... I made it to Bandland!

Welcome aboard all you newbies. I was banded on the 6th and am doing really great. I am sore but pretty much pain free since about 4 hours after surgery which is when I had my last pain medicine. For some reason I have had no gas pain in my body like under the shoulders. I do have lots of abdominal gas which goes in both directions. I am using GAS-X multiple times a day. I was able to sleep in my bed and on my side on day 3. I can honestly say I am not hungry. I am constantly putting something in my mouth and drinking all day long. I only get milk with Protein for my 3 meals, some broth, SF Jello, popsicles and clear juices and I am quite satisfied. I am to drink 6 to 8 ounces of caffein-free non-carbonated liquids every hour. And I can't believe the pills I have to take - a multi-Vitamin, Calcium, pepcid AC twice a day, Vitamin B complex, vitamin b-12 in addition to my regular meds. As I said I am constantly drinking or taking something.

I am really enjoy the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate and unflavored Protein drinks. They mix easily. I also am using whey Gourmet vanilla Cinnamon - good flavor. I have cheated on caffein-free and mix a SF liquid chai tea with my milk and vanilla cinnamon Protein - yummmmo. I found it at Kroger about a month before surgery. I was told the reason for caffein-free was because it caused nausea, but because I mixed it with milk and protein it wouldn't bother me.

I hope the rest of you fair as well.

Wow, heavyheartland, Quite a story, thanks, I am down to 8 days and anxiously awaiting. I am doing my surgery outpatient, you are so right about the anesthesia these days, it is great. Can't wait to hear more of your story.