Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something is wrong with Christmas

Sure it's a belief. She believes it is not true. That's just as valid as believing it is true.

As for christmas - I hate the crowds, the extra traffic, and the surplus of unsupervised children running amock. And I hate the competition to get items that are in limited supply. Christmas isn't terribly special because I see my family regularly throughout the year. If I instead preferred to just pick one or two days of the year when I saw them, then I can see how it might hold more value.

I love buying gifts for people, and hate to receive them.

One of the very few types of charity I will support are the families that we "adopt" (a PC way of saying "buy shit for") for the holidays.

Sure it's a belief. She believes it is not true. That's just as valid as believing it is true.

As for christmas - I hate the crowds, the extra traffic, and the surplus of unsupervised children running amock. And I hate the competition to get items that are in limited supply. Christmas isn't terribly special because I see my family regularly throughout the year. If I instead preferred to just pick one or two days of the year when I saw them, then I can see how it might hold more value.

I love buying gifts for people, and hate to receive them.

One of the very few types of charity I will support are the families that we "adopt" (a PC way of saying "buy shit for") for the holidays.

Well, thank you for explaining that .... yes, she believes is not true, so that makes it a belief.., I hope she cherishs it... I think it's good to cherish something.... and fun....

I don't like the traffic for sure, crowds I can live with and I love giving gifts too! don't mind receiving some too...;) but I like giving much more...

That's a good thing you do for charity, I love charities... I'm a sucker for them, hubby and I both get money taken out of our paychecks for different charities, we both do $25.00 twice a month. but it's divided among different charities, so it's not that much... my favorite is St Jude's hospital, but I like them all, really....

I can see when someone doesn't see their family often how Christmas can be extra nice....seeing your family...

I'm glad you still enjoy it!:)

Elena

With all due respect, I didn't feel I was projecting a thing - other than voicing my disgust in what I perceived to be the rants of an agry individual on EVERY thread I encountered. I come here for support, not to read continuous hate filled speach at every corner (her street - not mine).

Ditto for me! :clap2:

Lulu, if you came for support, why are you in the lounge? This isn't a LabBand topic.
What I love most about America is that we have freedom! During this holiday season, I'm grateful that Luluc has the right to participate in any forum found on this Lap Band Talk website.
Hey, I did try .... actually I believed you at first like I said, but your attitude, posts and words are just too much, too bad, too nasty...
I agree that it's time to give it a rest. Try some friendly conversation--you'll see that there are a ton of fabulous people on here who are quite easy to get along with!
Someone being bitter about something, and that same person being able to cherish some belief, totally unrelated and happens all the time. E.g., Titslereaux cherishes her belief that a pregnant virgin is ridiculous. "Cherish"ing something that goes against your personal beliefs may not seem to fit the verb, but for those who have the belief it does.
Regardless of whatever someone believes, it doesn’t mean they have to crash this thread just to be nasty to everyone. The purpose of this thread was not to debate Christianity or Atheism or Judaism, etc. If it was, it would be in the Rants and Raves section. Crazycat just wanted to talk about the true meaning of Christmas with others and to perhaps share stories with others who have holiday traditions.

Regardless of whatever someone believes, it doesn’t mean they have to crash this thread just to be nasty to everyone. The purpose of this thread was not to debate Christianity or Atheism or Judaism, etc. If it was, it would be in the Rants and Raves section. Crazycat just wanted to talk about the true meaning of Christmas with others and to perhaps share stories with others who have holiday traditions.
Hmm, I may have been misunderstood. I was addressing, purely, the idea of whether or not bitterness prevents someone from holding/cherishing beliefs. Nothing else.

What I love most about America is that we have freedom! During this holiday season, I'm grateful that Luluc has the right to participate in any forum found on this Lap Band Talk website.

I agree that it's time to give it a rest. Try some friendly conversation--you'll see that there are a ton of fabulous people on here who are quite easy to get along with!

Thank you Transformer!:clap2::clap2:

Thanks for the post WasaBubble. I post here and love the support I get for walking through this LapBand process... And I also love sharing the tools that have helped me (i mail them out to people here who ask, for free, so my agenda is only to give back freely for those that ask). And I don't have opinions... only experiences, strength and hope to share. What' s good for me is not good for everyone and I love that too.

Best to you .

Lisa

Hey, you said if we caught you in a lie you would log off and leave forever. We caught you in more than one.

I guess leaving was just another lie. :)

Need a link to your posts pointing out your slip up?

Oh the pleasure is all mine WAsa.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f80/skany-evil-repulsive-patient-coordinators-45630/

You can’t believe anything BubbleButt says because she doesn’t know anything. Nothing. To insinuate I wasn't raped in Mexico is really sick and twisted. Ask yourself, "Hey, how does Wasabubble know this? Do they know each other?" Once you think about the answers, it should sink in that she knows nothing about me. Nothing, and I mean nothing. This was a Christmas thread that stomped on, but for her to drag in lies, gossip and rumors is sadder than my bitterness. What kind of weirdo drags crap from thread to thread if it doesn’t have anything to do with the topic? Her goal is to spread lies like a cancer. Some times I need to be reminded that bitterness breeds bitterness, and not one person here is any better than me for wanting the last stab at me. However, I don't know who the hell this BubbleAss is other than an effen weirdo that doesn't know the difference between reality and bologna.

Are you getting Wasa confused with yourself?

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f80/skany-evil-repulsive-patient-coordinators-45630/

Lulu, if you came for support, why are you in the lounge? This isn't a LabBand topic.

If you would quit jumping on people and read, she never said LAP BAND in front of the word suppoert and the disclaimer of the lounge reads:

Lap-Band Talk Lounge Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not specifically related to banding or the Lap-Band.

Which meeting people and having pleasant conversation is support to me because a nice conversation could ease the stress of a bad day.

Back off people Tits.

Well, I admit I used to hate X-mas in my 20's until I had a kid - now I LOVE it. I do believe in Santa Claus, I do! haha I love how it's so magical for kids.

One thing I LOVE about Christmas is that I get to do a ton of cooking (and it's typically fattening stuff that I usually don't eat anyway). What's sad is that I usually don't eat it myself. I'll make tons of Cookies and breads (zucchini, pumpkin, banana) and bars (lemon bars, lime bars, cheesecake bars, butterscotch brownies), but I usually just have a few pieces and give the rest to my family. Heck, some of it is stuff that I absolutely hate, but make anyway because my family likes it.