Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone eat carbs?

21 hours ago, km13118 said:

In my experience and this is just my opinion. The problem with carbs is that they are quickly digested thus don't curb one's hunger very long. If you fill up on carbs you will probably find that you are eating more often thus consuming more calories. I want to get the most bang so I avoid carbs and mostly stick to Protein and healthy fats.

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Latanya said:

Thanks!

Hello

Carbs are in many different foods, fruits and veggies. It is about eating them with moderation. I try to eat more green leaf veggies that do not have many calories and low in carbs.

I can provide a list of them if you would like

From the movie Mama Mia 2, "I think my soulmate might be carbs." "And mine must be wine." Best quote ever!

On 9/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, Latanya said:

I miss my sandwiches.

You don't have to deprive yourself of sandwiches. There are a lot of low carb high Fiber tortillas, pitas and flatbreads that make great sandwiches! Just stay away from fluffy white bread.

On 9/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, summerset said:

Nonsense. Eating too much calories slows down your weight loss.

not nonsense for people that are sensitive to carbs or have trouble metabolizing them (i.e. diabetics and the like), especially bad ones (bagels, sweets, white bread, etc...). but I agree with another poster that it does affect satiety levels which is probably leading me to eat more calories. although my calories are still pretty low at this point and I exercise like madd now.

Edited by angryspice