Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any info About Dr. Caylor in Foley,AL?

I have been researching the Lap-Band for some time now and finally found the nerve to start the process. I did an online seminar, a chat with a Dr., read a book, and loads of other research but when I called the Wish Center in Tampa today I was told that they are closing so they are not taking any new patients. After that set back I thought I would try to find info on a Dr. a little closer to home (Pensacola, FL). Any info regarding him, his office, or any personal Lap-Band experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie,

I'm sorry I didn't answer you sooner. Just found your email today, and sent you a reply. Dr. Caylor in Foley is WONDERFUL!! Can't say enough great things about him!! He did my surgery in Oct, and I've had one fill since. He is a fantastic doctor. He's very caring, and very supportive! I am in Gulf Shores, AL. Call if you want to talk!

Hey all. I'm new to this site. Just discovered it last night and was reading through, just kind of getting acquainted with the info on here. I saw the question about Dr. Caylor in Foley, I know it's old, but I just wanted to say that I saw him when I first started investigating the band and he was a super nice guy and seemed geniunely excited about the band and what it can do for us. I haven't been banded (YET!). When I saw him, he had only done 5 of the surgeries, so he was pretty new. My insurance, BCBS, denied the surgery, of course. I'm at the point now that I am looking to self pay. I haven't checked in with Dr. Caylor's office in about a year so I was wondering how many people out there have seen him and if anyone knows any more about him than I do. I've been checking into Dr. Ponce's office in Dalton, GA. but if I could get it done locally, that would be great! I'm having a hard time with financing... anyone have any ideas? Any help would be sooo appreciated. I'm desperate to get this procedure done and start living my life again.

Thanks so much!

Hope

Guest doodaa

officegirlblues - If you're in that area you may want to check with Dr. Avara of South Mississippi Sourgeons over in Ocean Springs, MS too.... he's not so new. http://www.smsurgicalweightloss.com/

I had to self-pay, so I took a 2nd mortgage on my house. I used to get my nails done, and I had a landscaper and a pool guy. I gave that all up so I could afford the payment. So I'm looking better but my yard is another story!

Hey everyone! I called Dr. Caylor's office today, just to check in. His girls are so sweet! But, nothing has really changed there. They do not seem to be very active about helping to fight an insurance company denial... they are kind of just accepting about it, you know, just well, this is how it is so we go with it. When I asked her about helping me fight the denial, she really gave me no hope.

According to his nurse, Dr. Caylor has now done about 50 surgeries. But, his prices seem to be really high! She quoted me $18,900, where as Dr. Ponce's is around $13,000. There is just absolutely no way I can do that. I'm recently divorced and my children and I are living with my mother so I don't have a house. I have looked at Capital One's rates and also the Suntrust Company, as that is the name Dr. Ponce's office gave me. Thanks for the link to the site in Mississippi. I will certainly have to check that out! I know for certain that I am NOT giving up on this.

Oh! And Dr. Caylor's nurse told me today that as of March 1st, BCBS of AL is no longer even covering the bypass. I don't know how accurate that is... my new insurance book says it is covered, so I don't know. Even though I don't know that I could ever decide to have the bypass, it was nice knowing that option was there at least if I couldn't make this work out.

Hello,

I am new here and have been looking into the lap band surgery. I know this is an old thread but I would like to bring it back and see if anyone has any more info on Dr. Caylor? Where in Foley is he located?

I know this is old, but I've decided on Dr. Avara in Ocean Springs, and I'm to be banded on Tuesday, 11/22....Any thoughts or experiences with Dr. Avara. Self-pay at $15,000 at Surgery Center..

Guest judi

just joined the chat, I'm looking into going to mexico. has anybody done checking on the different doctors.? There's a couple I'm thinking of going with, but I'm still not sure..I"m ready to make a change in my life. Maybe someone might like to make the journey with me...