Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. ShillingFord or Dr. Wizman

I had my surgery scheduled with Dr. Shillingford at the Northwest Medical Center for early August until COVID cases went up, and now they are offering since I am self-pay that I go with Dr. Wizman at the Broward Health Coral Springs Center. I don't know much about Dr. Wizman. Anyone have some info. they can share. I may just wait until elective surgeries open up again.

1 hour ago, No-Amy said:

I had my surgery scheduled with Dr. Shillingford at the Northwest Medical Center for early August until COVID cases went up, and now they are offering since I am self-pay that I go with Dr. Wizman at the Broward Health Coral Springs Center. I don't know much about Dr. Wizman. Anyone have some info. they can share. I may just wait until elective surgeries open up again.

While I cannot speak to Dr. Wizman or CSC - I can endorse whole heartedly Dr. Shillingford (and NW medical center) as one of the finest facilities, and surgeons in Florida for WLS. There is a complete recovery wing dedicated to bariatrics with a specialized team - A knowledgable, respectful and caring staff under the direction of Dr. Shillingford. My experience 1 year and 7 months out has been a positive and excellent one! I know five other individuals who would refer him without hesitation in their WLS journey. So sorry for your delay and these current precarious circumstances. How disappointing. That being said, Dr. Shillingford is worth the wait. Best wishes and much success. Keep me posted on what transpires.

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_3675.jpeg

Edited by Sophie7713
wrong word

I went with Dr. Wizman in November. I don't believe you will find a surgeon more knowledgeable or experienced down here. He was great and his staff is great. The support they provide for life is great. I highly recommend.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

17 hours ago, No-Amy said:

Thank you for the wonderful encouragement! I’ll wait...

17 hours ago, No-Amy said:

Thank you for the wonderful encouragement! I’ll wait...

Did they give you a new surgery date or possible timeline in moving forward? Hopefully, by early Fall or sooner? Let's keep our fingers crossed we clear this Florida spike sooner than later. Meanwhile, some virtual posies cheering on your resolve and dedication to becoming healthier and fit. So excited for you! ;]

IMG_1435.jpeg

I had surgery with Dr. Shillingord on June 1, 2020. I can’t say enough good things about the experience. I was self-pay and was able to get in between Covid shutdowns. He’s worth the wait. You will reap the rewards for the rest of your life. Waiting a little while is a drop in the bucket in the long run. Good luck!

I am also in the COVID limbo for my surgery. They closed Coral Springs last week, and asked if I wanted to consider out patient surgery...but living in Orlando, I think I might just wait. I hope this spike ends soon...for the world, for my industry and for my surgery!