Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nurse called to check on me post op. Asked me if I’d had a bowel movement yet. I tell her no. She says I need to take Milk of Magnesia because they want me to still have bowel movement even though I’m on a liquid diet.< br />
Wake up in the middle of the night in a sea of diarrhea in my bed all over my new white bed sheets and blanket.

One of the most disgusting things I’ve ever experienced. If you are going to take Milk of Magnesia, take it first thing in the morning. Do not take in the afternoon or early evening. If you do, you might just literally shit the bed.

I had Revision Surgery on the 16th of June. I went from sleeve to bypass. I’m doing really well today. I did have gas in my shoulder, that was new for me. Get up and walk and take gasX if permitted. My stomach seem very swollen, like the whole thing. I feel very hungry at times, but I get busy and don’t get my Fluid in, I’m fine after that. Your brain doesn’t catch up with your new stomach for a bit.

My surgery date is June 24th, and its getting very real. This whole ride has been so stressful! My original date was April 1st, and like most of us that was cancelled. I am stuck in Michigan which was one of the last states to loosen regulations. By the time they did that, my work decided to tell me that I only had a couple weeks left and I would be laid off permanently!! My worst fear! To go thru all of this just to lose my insurance! I was actually calling out of state to Texas to switch surgeons to a state that was already scheduling. By the grace of the Lord that same day my surgeon called and had a date open on the 24th! I was so excited! and 3 days later was laid off. with 2 weeks to my surgery I was frantic and scraping together money to pay for the Cobra insurance(oh my lord that's expensive), but I didn't care what the cost, it was cheaper than paying out of pocket. I just felt so stuck. How was I supposed to get and take time off for medical? What would my chances of getting good insurance be ? So I decided to wait it out. Doing the surgery on Cobra, and heal, and then job hunt. I hope unemployment doesn't take as long as they are saying.

Been on a 2 week liquid diet of Protein Shakes and clear fluids. I have not been perfect, but not bad either. I haven't lost a ton of weight from it as I was already eating low carb well before starting. My high weight was 310 back in March, and I am at 289 as of today. ABout 5 pounds of it is from the liquid diet. I am 5'4 and 41 years old.

Sorry this is long. I am doing this kinda alone. My parents and both my kids know, they are adult girls over 20. But I live alone- I have been alone for a very long time and quite enjoy my solace. But I it is odd to not have someone to talk to about this stuff. My kids are helpful but they are young and wrapped up in their own lives. I can say my dad has been my rock though. Wondering if anyone else lives completely alone like me- I never even get visitors and I have zero social life. Is it hard for others to stay accountable somedays because there is no one to see it? I consider myself very positive and very independent and strong, but wow sometimes I have to apologize to myself and ease up I suppose.

@LoseWeight2020 Ugh! That sounds horrible! I am sorry you went through that.

6 hours ago, Solo4ever said:

My surgery date is June 24th, and its getting very real. This whole ride has been so stressful! My original date was April 1st, and like most of us that was cancelled. I am stuck in Michigan which was one of the last states to loosen regulations. By the time they did that, my work decided to tell me that I only had a couple weeks left and I would be laid off permanently!! My worst fear! To go thru all of this just to lose my insurance! I was actually calling out of state to Texas to switch surgeons to a state that was already scheduling. By the grace of the Lord that same day my surgeon called and had a date open on the 24th! I was so excited! and 3 days later was laid off. with 2 weeks to my surgery I was frantic and scraping together money to pay for the Cobra insurance(oh my lord that's expensive), but I didn't care what the cost, it was cheaper than paying out of pocket. I just felt so stuck. How was I supposed to get and take time off for medical? What would my chances of getting good insurance be ? So I decided to wait it out. Doing the surgery on Cobra, and heal, and then job hunt. I hope unemployment doesn't take as long as they are saying.

Been on a 2 week liquid diet of Protein Shakes and clear fluids. I have not been perfect, but not bad either. I haven't lost a ton of weight from it as I was already eating low carb well before starting. My high weight was 310 back in March, and I am at 289 as of today. ABout 5 pounds of it is from the liquid diet. I am 5'4 and 41 years old.

Sorry this is long. I am doing this kinda alone. My parents and both my kids know, they are adult girls over 20. But I live alone- I have been alone for a very long time and quite enjoy my solace. But I it is odd to not have someone to talk to about this stuff. My kids are helpful but they are young and wrapped up in their own lives. I can say my dad has been my rock though. Wondering if anyone else lives completely alone like me- I never even get visitors and I have zero social life. Is it hard for others to stay accountable somedays because there is no one to see it? I consider myself very positive and very independent and strong, but wow sometimes I have to apologize to myself and ease up I suppose.

I'm alone. My parents are dead, I'm divorced, no kids. My sister lives in Texas, my friends are scattered all over the US. I had sleeve surgery in 2011 and I recovered alone from that, too. Don't worry, you'll do fine. You will be accountable not only to yourself but also to your surgical team and to the folks here on BP, if you want. I posted quite a lot in the months after my sleeve, and then gradually fell away. Now a revision to bypass for GERD and I'm back. I'm scheduled for the 29th.

3 hours ago, Foxbins said:

I'm alone. My parents are dead, I'm divorced, no kids. My sister lives in Texas, my friends are scattered all over the US. I had sleeve surgery in 2011 and I recovered alone from that, too. Don't worry, you'll do fine. You will be accountable not only to yourself but also to your surgical team and to the folks here on BP, if you want. I posted quite a lot in the months after my sleeve, and then gradually fell away. Now a revision to bypass for GERD and I'm back. I'm scheduled for the 29th.

it helps to know others figure it out. I am kinda relieved im not in a relationship since that seems so stressful during this process.

So this is your second time through the process... is it easier now that you know what expect...or worse because you know what to expect?

4 hours ago, BoredFatGirl said:

@LoseWeight2020 Ugh! That sounds horrible! I am sorry you went through that.

thank you, I'm running on emotional empty literally

2 hours ago, Solo4ever said:

it helps to know others figure it out. I am kinda relieved im not in a relationship since that seems so stressful during this process.

So this is your second time through the process... is it easier now that you know what expect...or worse because you know what to expect?

It's a little bit worse, but not because of what I know to expect. Surgical recovery the first time was uneventful and weight loss was easy. It's worse because I never wanted a bypass, and I don't want one now but there is nothing else that will take away this GERD and I can't live like this. I burp all the time and regurgitate half-digested food and wake up in the middle of the night with acid in my mouth. Plus I'm at my goal weight and I'm afraid I will lose more, or worse, it will be easier to eat with the bypass after the GERD is gone and I'll gain weight, or for some unknown reason, the GERD doesn't go away and then I have a bypass plus GERD. Basically I'm anxious about what my outcome will be in 9-12 months.

Please don't worry about the surgery or the recovery. The hospital will take good care of you, and you will not be bedridden after you come home. Your stomach will hurt but it's not awful, more like two days after doing a lot of situps. Keep walking and start strength training as soon as you can. Your body will consume muscle as well as fat, and it's easier to preserve some of what you have than develop new muscle mass.

Check in here after your surgery, I'll be around until the 29th.

I had surgery on the 16th of June. They also fixed a hernia while operating. That was 6 days ago. Yesterday I started feeling much better. Washing dishes walking around outside a lot. I slept very well, not tons of pain.My dad also came over for Father’s Day. My mom gave me an enema,lol(what a sweet lady.) Well today I woke up and felt fine but within a couple hours my energy is just zonked out! I try to get as much liquids in and protein(which I hate) I usually end up napping midday. I WANT FOOD!!! Lol. Like anything. I am so ready to eat a mashed up anything. We will get through it!!! On a positive side note I have lost 15 lbs since Tuesday.

mine too! I'm in hospital now and going to have the surgery tomorrow. It was scheduled on February but because of Corona it rescheduled. again because of Corona I'm alone in the hospital and don't have companion. I really can use some advices from friends here.

Hello beautiful people!
My surgery is booked on 24th June! For a revision to mini bypass and lap band removal! All in one surgery.. im so scared, and looking for some support and success stories! I dont know why im so scared this time, my mind is just going to the weirdest places! How was recovery for anyone who went through the same? i just need some support right now [emoji846] This pre-op diet is also so hard when im so anxious like this! [emoji45]
Thank you [emoji120]

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had RNY on 6/1. Surgery went textbook style. I also was able to consume all the fluids and Protein Shakes I wanted during the first two weeks. I was at 120+ ounces of fluids a day and 80-90 grams of Protein.

Now I’m struggling with fluids getting in since adding in more regular food, well “purées” to be exact. All in all I’m very pleased with my surgery and excited about my future!

Had my surgery on the 23rd. I am back home recovering. All is going well - until I tried to take my Multivitamin, I cracked open the capsule poured it onto my Soup - nope nope nope! Lucky I can get the chew-able version sent quickly. Good luck to everyone about to have surgery, all my thoughts and prayers for smooth surgeries.

On 6/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, ProjectPaige said:

I had surgery on Monday as well. I’m doing okay on fluids. I had horrible gas and stomach spasms. I’m glad you’re doing well. Keep up the good work :)

Surgery on the 24 th. Urinary retention and terrible bloating. Any tips to relieve

Hey ya'll! I searched, and there doesn't seem to be a topic for the June bypassers yet, so I guess I'll start one. I had surgery on Monday the 8th, so 2 days ago. My recovery has been a lot easier than I expected, but I'm really concerned that I'm drinking/swallowing normally and can get down all the fluids I want, which has been a lot since my mouth has been so dry.
I haven't had any nausea or vomiting or even any gas pain that I can tell. I do have some discomfort, but am not sure that is gas pain. Anyway, I am just really worried that I my surgeon didn't make my pouch right or something since the fluids are just flowing freely.
How are you doing post-op so far? If you haven't had surgery yet this month, then stay tuned because you will likely find these posts helpful once the time comes. default_smile.png&key=c7f7f3b9d6cf127cae811ee1f47ab94bd104c6b640ca298b4b4f1076c40ef73e

You shouldn't have any discomfort, as long as you're drinking slow.