Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey ya'll! I searched, and there doesn't seem to be a topic for the June bypassers yet, so I guess I'll start one. I had surgery on Monday the 8th, so 2 days ago. My recovery has been a lot easier than I expected, but I'm really concerned that I'm drinking/swallowing normally and can get down all the fluids I want, which has been a lot since my mouth has been so dry.

I haven't had any nausea or vomiting or even any gas pain that I can tell. I do have some discomfort, but am not sure that is gas pain. Anyway, I am just really worried that I my surgeon didn't make my pouch right or something since the fluids are just flowing freely.

How are you doing post-op so far? If you haven't had surgery yet this month, then stay tuned because you will likely find these posts helpful once the time comes. :)

Edited by cowgirlcullen

Congratulations on getting that done! We all worry about worst case scenarios. Relax and focus on recovery. I also had no trouble with fluids after my sleeve or bypass revision. No nausea or gas pain either. I did have a reduced appetite so I didn't have a lot of desire to drink a lot of liquids.

I had surgery on Monday as well. I’m doing okay on fluids. I had horrible gas and stomach spasms. I’m glad you’re doing well. Keep up the good work :)

Hello, this is my first time posting on this site. I have surgery scheduled for next week the 18th. Im just trying to muddle thru this 2 week liquid diet 🙄 My surgery has been rescheduled 3 times thanks to good ole Corona... Im ready to have this done!

I'm on the first day of my liquid diet.. i started a day early bc my surgeon said no more weight gain, whatsoever.. so im hoping that the diet & walking will get me down enough for her to cont with surgery on the day of. im sooo terrified that she'll cancel the morning of and ill get extra disappointed/depressed & won't wanna do the program anymore..

if anyone has any liquid diet tips, pls let me know!!!

I had surgery on Monday too! *highfive*

I also feel like I am able to drink so much more than others.. I was so worried it would be a tough task to get down my 60g of Protein but I have been able to get it down with no problem. I am supposed to be taking in 100ml per half hour, but earlier I think I took in 300ml just by miscalculating the time and what I had already taken in. I also caught myself after taking a big swig of Water (I use tiny cups currently to help with that), but no harm has seemed to come from any of it.

As for how I am doing, I feel fine overall! My stomach is a bit uncomfortable where the incisions had been made, and I do get a little gassy, but nothing a good ol' fart or potty break can't solve.. :lol:

19 hours ago, ProjectPaige said:

I had surgery on Monday as well. I’m doing okay on fluids. I had horrible gas and stomach spasms. I’m glad you’re doing well. Keep up the good work :)

Have you tried taking some Gas X yet? I hear that is supposed to be a lifesaver. Each day gets better and better, this first week is the hardest, but we got this!

2 hours ago, chunkarella said:

I'm on the first day of my liquid diet.. i started a day early bc my surgeon said no more weight gain, whatsoever.. so im hoping that the diet & walking will get me down enough for her to cont with surgery on the day of. im sooo terrified that she'll cancel the morning of and ill get extra disappointed/depressed & won't wanna do the program anymore..

if anyone has any liquid diet tips, pls let me know!!!

Just try to go through the motions and not think about it. That's what I did and it worked well.

2 hours ago, cowgirlcullen said:

Just try to go through the motions and not think about it. That's what I did and it worked well.

im trying to stay active. ive walked almost 5 miles today.. although i felt soo dizzy when i was doing my dishes.. i had to stop a few times.

i did find some good broth that tastes like miso Soup and some swanson sip and go cups that are pretty good.

Hello beautiful people!
My surgery is booked on 24th June! For a revision to mini bypass and lap band removal! All in one surgery.. im so scared, and looking for some support and success stories! I dont know why im so scared this time, my mind is just going to the weirdest places! How was recovery for anyone who went through the same? i just need some support right now 🙂 This pre-op diet is also so hard when im so anxious like this! 😟
Thank you 🙏

Got mine scheduled for June 26! Today is my first day of the liquid diet. Managing ok so far.

Good evening, its my first day on this forum. Glad ur first day of liquid diet is going well. I'm nervous about that. I love my toast n rice. I have surgery the 29th. Tuesday. I have appt to talk to the Dr. I will find out when I go on my liquid diet and the specifics. I'm nervous and excited. Then Covid 19 testing (a bit nervous about that. Some say it hurts) the hospital test all patients pre-op n Dr for overall health and safety.

Edited by Knk710

Hi all. By passers will be able to get liquids down pretty easily. Much easier than sleeve patients as bypassers no longer have their pyloric ( sp?) valve intact. Sleevers do.
so don’t worry about liquids sliding down easily if you are a bypass patient.