Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, time4change14 said:

Happy birthday! I'm officially 5 wks and 3 days post op today and thankfully things went pretty well for me overall. Yesterday was my birthday and it was definitely different. My husband took me out to dinner and knowing that I now have a four bite max threshold, majority of my dinner was put in a to go box lol. food has definitely changed for me now but being that I'm down 26 pounds, I'm not complaining! 😊

Happy Birthday!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/20/2020 at 12:39, xFatBoy007 said:






Happy Happy Birthday 🎉🎁🎈🎊🎂. I’m going in 3 weeks post op still having some issues with some foods but everything else is going great.


Same. I’m just over three weeks and having sporadic issues eating in general. What was fine one day I can’t stomach the next. I’m trying to just hit at least 60g of Protein a day and supplementing with shakes when I need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

My Dr. Who is head of Bariatric program in CA. (L.A. area at least said he considers the vertical sleeve the Gold Standard now. I was asking about the sleeve compared to bypass.

To tell you the truth I don't know much about the duodenal switch.

I think it would depend on how overweight you are Vertical Sleeve was a good procedure for me however after about four years you can start getting your way back if you are a snacker if you are absolutely desperate to keep the weight off you might consider the other however all of my friends who had bypass are severely anemic they barf much more regularly than I do I never Barker ever I don't have any troubles like that you may really want to think about what the duodenal switch entails. I don't think any procedure is a magic pill, so to speak...but I do know that I see a lot of people that have had the bypass, and they just seem uncomfortable a lot more....or need to go be sick. The Vertical Sleeve is a tool but I feel perfectly fine I just get full when I'm eating too much so you do have to have a little bit of willpower at times push yourself away from the table.

Good luck in making your decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2020 at 5:04 PM, Sheilzee5 said:

Hi,

My Dr. Who is head of Bariatric program in CA. (L.A. area at least said he considers the vertical sleeve the Gold Standard now. I was asking about the sleeve compared to bypass.

To tell you the truth I don't know much about the duodenal switch.

I think it would depend on how overweight you are Vertical Sleeve was a good procedure for me however after about four years you can start getting your way back if you are a snacker if you are absolutely desperate to keep the weight off you might consider the other however all of my friends who had bypass are severely anemic they barf much more regularly than I do I never Barker ever I don't have any troubles like that you may really want to think about what the duodenal switch entails. I don't think any procedure is a magic pill, so to speak...but I do know that I see a lot of people that have had the bypass, and they just seem uncomfortable a lot more....or need to go be sick. The Vertical Sleeve is a tool but I feel perfectly fine I just get full when I'm eating too much so you do have to have a little bit of willpower at times push yourself away from the table.

Good luck in making your decision.

I wanted the vertical sleeve also, but was diagnosed with sleep apnea and medium gerd results. My Dr told me my options were Bypass, which would prevent much of the acid, or nothing. Easy choice though I’ll miss NSAIDS because Tylenol does nothing for me. Seems to me the golden standard is whichever surgery best fits your medical history and weight loss goals.

Best of luck to everyone on their journey!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2020 at 12:23 PM, RichelleGetsFit0309 said:

Hey All,
I’m officially one month post op. Aside from some minor issues the first two weeks things have been progressing smoothly. I’ve graduated to regular foods and have been tolerating them as well. Today is my birthday and I must say it will feel weird not to have my traditional birthday meal and cake but I’m thinking about all the birthdays I will now gain instead. How is everyone doing on their journey?

Happy belated birthday! I returned to work on Monday, so I haven’t had as much time on the boards as usual. Still adjusting to my schedule, but so far so good. I’m able to work from home, but still demanding and long hours, but finding my grove.

i hit the infamous week three stall, but otherwise doing good with purées, after a rough first two days with transition. Look forward to advancing to soft foods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/25/2020 at 07:37, Topaz_Black said:






Happy belated birthday! I returned to work on Monday, so I haven’t had as much time on the boards as usual. Still adjusting to my schedule, but so far so good. I’m able to work from home, but still demanding and long hours, but finding my grove.




i hit the infamous week three stall, but otherwise doing good with purées, after a rough first two days with transition. Look forward to advancing to soft foods.


Thank you! The dreaded third week stall. I hope you have a smooth transition to soft foods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/20/2020 at 18:35, riverwaters said:


Same. I’m just over three weeks and having sporadic issues eating in general. What was fine one day I can’t stomach the next. I’m trying to just hit at least 60g of Protein a day and supplementing with shakes when I need to.

How is your eating now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is everyone doing??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2020 at 8:43 PM, Corrine2020 said:

How is everyone doing??

Doing well. Surgery 8/28/20...Surgery site all healed. No dumping. Order food from Bariatric pal that gives me the small servings. Easy to take packets when traveling to another state for vacationing and to work. Very easy process for me. Doing light weights 2-3x for exercise regime. Spouse cooks his own meals and I eat my bariatricPal packets. No children at home. I feel much, much healthier. Size L to M with no problem. Tops and bottom L sizes are being donated. Shoes fit looser. Take my Vitamins daily with no problem. Husband is supportive and loving with this process. Hope you all are doing good as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2020 at 9:22 PM, Zom B said:

I wanted the vertical sleeve also, but was diagnosed with sleep apnea and medium gerd results. My Dr told me my options were Bypass, which would prevent much of the acid, or nothing. Easy choice though I’ll miss NSAIDS because Tylenol does nothing for me. Seems to me the golden standard is whichever surgery best fits your medical history and weight loss goals.

Best of luck to everyone on their journey!!

I had reflex, sleep apnea before surgery and did the bypass. During the surgery the doctor found the hernia and took care of it at the same time on 8/28/20. Doing well as of today with no dumping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2020 at 9:22 PM, Zom B said:

I wanted the vertical sleeve also, but was diagnosed with sleep apnea and medium gerd results. My Dr told me my options were Bypass, which would prevent much of the acid, or nothing. Easy choice though I’ll miss NSAIDS because Tylenol does nothing for me. Seems to me the golden standard is whichever surgery best fits your medical history and weight loss goals.

Best of luck to everyone on their journey!!

I had reflex, sleep apnea before surgery and did the bypass. During the surgery the doctor found the hernia and took care of it at the same time on 8/28/20. Doing well as of today with no dumping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/07/2020 at 20:43, Corrine2020 said:

How is everyone doing??

Not bad. Incision site is still a little tender but I always tend to recover slowly. Tolerating foods well. I’m going to the bathroom but find myself straining. Seeing the doctor on Tuesday and hopefully he will have some suggestions. I went from a XXL to XL. Still feels surreal. How are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! I had sx on 8/19/20 and have gone from 241 the day of surgery to 212 today. Tired of eating the same things every day but happy to see the weight loss. I went from a 3xl top to an xl and a 4xl bottom to a 2xl. I also have the straining or not at all problem but found out that more Water and two prunes a day are helping. Hope you get help too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2020 at 14:21, debsgallery said:



Congratulations! I had sx on 8/19/20 and have gone from 241 the day of surgery to 212 today. Tired of eating the same things every day but happy to see the weight loss. I went from a 3xl top to an xl and a 4xl bottom to a 2xl. I also have the straining or not at all problem but found out that more Water and two prunes a day are helping. Hope you get help too.


Surgery twins! Congrats on the weight loss. There is a food grocery board in this site and I’ve been getting new food ideas from there since I was getting tired of eating the same thing every day. I’m also going to try prunes and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw my surgeon and told him about the discomfort. He said it’s most likely due to a stitch that hasn’t popped yet. He also put me back on stool softeners as well. Hopefully this and the prunes will get things going in the right direction. How is everyone doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×