Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wish me luck!

pippinje

I am having surgery tomorrow to have my impacted wisdom teeth removed. Not too worried about it, but I will probably start having the anxiety attacks in the morning. :phanvan

Anyone else had to have this done? How did it go?

I did on one side...the surgery was no fun but the ease of tension and pain was like a gift acouple days later..felt like Id been kicked in the jaw by a freakin elephant..oops..probally wont help huh? No but seriously, just wake up and take the pain meds..even when you couldnt feel a semi parked on your chest, cause it means you wont wake up without them!!

I think what was the worst for me was that my sister, a dental student kept wanting to study me..like some freakin experiment. I couldnt go to sleep without her shining a flashlight into my mouth..Once I thought I died bc all I could see was this bright light...nope stupid halogen flashlight...

All 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted. I got them all removed at once. I had to get mine removed by an oral surgeon because of the huge roots. I have told everyone if you have to get them removed, do it all at once because you won't want to go back. The pain medicine will take care of the pain. I had purple bruises on my jaw line and cheeks. It was very hard to open my mouth. I didn't eat much for a week. Ice packs help a lot. Do as your doctor tells you and take your medicine and you will be fine.

On my way to the surgery center this morning! Thank you both for the responses. I will let you know how it goes.

I had two of mine that were mpacted and had to be removed. For me it was easy as pie. Pain meds kept the pain away and I got to enjoy some milkshakes for awhile. No horror stories here.

Hi!

I had four impacted wisdom teeth removed eons ago (in my young and foolish days--I think I was 17 years old). They knocked me out and I had them removed in the hospital.

The best piece of advice I got was when the oral surgeon said to ice the sides of my face/jaw several times per day. Other folks who had the same surgery and didn't listen looked like chipmunks! Hee, hee!

I had to have both bottom teeth removed. I did not have any on the top, Lucky me! I had mime removed in my late 30's. Both of them had huge roots which had grown around the jaw bone. An oral surgeon had to remove them. I had them done about 6 months apart. Due to the roots being so large and partly grown through the bone, the doctor had no choice but cut some nerves. :omg: This has been about 7-8 years ago and I am still numb on my chin, bottom lip and inside around my bottom teeth. I have just learned to live with knowing that I will never have feeling in those areas again. Makes it really hard to drink from a glass. I can't feel the glass against my lip. Straws work really well, but I'm going to have to give those up starting on 12/4/07...my band date. Pain meds, ice packs and following doctors orders for keeping the area clean was a big help in recovery....Good luck.

I hope your doing well! I had an impacted wisdom tooth and it was no fun. The best advice i could give is to keep the cold air out and take those meds!

Good luck

:clap2:Thanks everyone for the condolences. I made it through yesterday. was in a pretty good amount of pain when I tried to eat something to take my meds. Ice packs REALLY helped with the swelling. My face is still swollen this morning but not nearly as tender as yesterday. My pain meds suck. They gave me a back up which wasnt much better. I think yesterday would have gone by quicker if I could have slept. Oh well! Made it!

THANKS YOU GUYS. Always supportive!

Glad to hear you are doing ok. Hang in there. Before long you won't have any pain.