Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, IWantTheDream said:

So today was supposed to be my last scheduled day at work but I decided to go in for half day tomorrow so I could get a few last minute stuff that I still have to do so I don’t leave any of my job duties on my co worker. Well I realized when I was saying I was coming in to my boss that I only have 5 days until my surgery. Wow now it seems to be flying. I feel like I went from saying that this two week diet was never going to end to oh my gosh it’s almost over and it’s surgery time. I’m getting nervous and excited all at the same time and a little afraid of failing also. Like what if it doesn’t work? Oh my I guess I need to stop stressing. Good night all!

Oh my gosh, I'm feeling the same way right now, this is my last day working and tomorrow I board the plane and have surgery the next day. So, my stomach is doing all sorts of things and this is minor compared to what my mind is doing. :) But we'll get through this, there is a reason for it and it's why we are all here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Tamwell said:

Oh my gosh, I'm feeling the same way right now, this is my last day working and tomorrow I board the plane and have surgery the next day. So, my stomach is doing all sorts of things and this is minor compared to what my mind is doing. :) But we'll get through this, there is a reason for it and it's why we are all here.

@Tamwell Wishing you safe travels and a generally boring surgery/recovery! 😊

@IWantTheDream I am right there with you too! Today is my last day of work. I have been working from home since Mid-March, so I can quarantine post-COVID test (yesterday) and still work. Started setting up auto reply on my emails yesterday and writing my hand-off email in my head. Surreal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, IWantTheDream said:

I am having VSG on July 7. Still feels so far away.

My surgery is July 7, too - I just had my COVID test - now quarantine. Saturday begins the 3-day liquid diet - holy crow - this is getting real!! Good luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, locura79 said:

So I thought my July 23 surgery would be cancelled because Travis County, Texas, where my doctor's office is located, cannot have elective surgeries due to COVID. It turns out my hospital is in Williamson County, so I'm still on... but the governor is adding counties to the elective surgery ban as their hospital beds near capacity. Williamson County borders Travis County, so I'm proceeding as usual for now but my surgery might get cancelled at any time. I'm supposed to start my pre-op diet in a week.

gosh, isn't it just terrible. My state florida has had a lot of new cases too. It scares me that mine will be cancelled too. But im staying positive. No news is good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/02/2020 at 10:07, HalfShell26 said:






My surgery is July 7, too - I just had my COVID test - now quarantine. Saturday begins the 3-day liquid diet - holy crow - this is getting real!! Good luck to you!


I am scheduled for July 7 as well! I started liquid diet on Tuesday. My previous surgery date was March 17 which was cancelled hours before due to COVID

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have moved my surgery forward again...now July 21. I am so afraid they will stop doing elective procedures! My dr is on vacation from 7/13-7/20,,,They offered the day before he left, but I think it would be better to have him around the week after I get it done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi there. i totally understand everyone's frustration and fear about surgery being cancelled, but people are dying every day. my coworker lost her young husband and now she's a single mom to a one year old baby. so it sucks if we have to get reschedule, i know thats a strong possibility and my surgery is july 20th but i try to keep in mind that there are worse things that other people fighting covid are facing. just a perspective. i wish us all the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this world - in this year - isn't it nice to know the world is going to be a whole lot lighter :D by the end of this month because of us!! We got this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2020 at 7:39 AM, WishMeSmaller said:

My surgeon says no to Premier Protein because the Protein is not a Protein isolate😢 So 5 more days of the nasty stuff. I have gotten this far without cheating, so pretty sure I got this, thanks in part to all the encouragement here. I also started a day early because I wanted to start on a day off rather than a Monday, so I am 10 days in. Just a bit jelly of your haul😊 I like premier Protein Shakes. We have had them around for quick meals for years. Wishing you a wonderful pre-op diet, buddy!

On the advice of my dietician I am using Dimatize Protein Powder and it is honestly very good! I chose plain vanilla in case I didn't like it so I could add flavoring of some sort, but the vanilla tastes just like a vanilla shake! The next container I buy will be the Cookies and cream flavor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Judy1107 said:

On the advice of my dietician I am using Dimatize Protein Powder and it is honestly very good! I chose plain vanilla in case I didn't like it so I could add flavoring of some sort, but the vanilla tastes just like a vanilla shake! The next container I buy will be the Cookies and cream flavor!

Thanks for the recommendation! At this point I only have 3 days left and plenty of my Protein Powder left, so I am just going to power through. Believe it or not, I used to like my shakes pretty well...up until I had to drink 3 per day. Lol. I also got the vanilla and add different flavors. If I want chocolate I add unsweetened cocoa powder. I also do crystal light for different flavors. I think the texture of the shakes is what I hate the most and I think it is caused by the Fiber. I just use 16 oz Water instead of 8 and add more flavor. It helps. Good luck to you with your diet, @Judy1107! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

Thanks for the recommendation! At this point I only have 3 days left and plenty of my Protein Powder left, so I am just going to power through. Believe it or not, I used to like my shakes pretty well...up until I had to drink 3 per day. Lol. I also got the vanilla and add different flavors. If I want chocolate I add unsweetened cocoa powder. I also do crystal light for different flavors. I think the texture of the shakes is what I hate the most and I think it is caused by the Fiber. I just use 16 oz Water instead of 8 and add more flavor. It helps. Good luck to you with your diet, @Judy1107! 😊

Best of luck to you as well! I have two more days of three shakes a day and then one day of Clear Liquids. Surgery is Monday!! WOOHOO!!!! I'm so excited to finally get this done!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Judy1107 said:

Best of luck to you as well! I have two more days of three shakes a day and then one day of Clear Liquids. Surgery is Monday!! WOOHOO!!!! I'm so excited to finally get this done!!!

I’m on Monday too! Glad I get my three shakes on Sunday instead of just Clear Liquids. Poor you! Just keep on keeping on. Happy surgery day to us on Monday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×