Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What’s your weight loss after 6 months and what was you starting weight?



Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Angienharry said:

Our stats are almost identical!
I’m 48, BMI 41, and I’m 5’1; this is exactly what I was hoping for! I’ve seen some charts that just don’t seem realistic. May I ask if you had the bypass or sleeve?

charts can give you a ballpark idea, but they may not be true for you. They tend to deal with averages - and I think the average bariatric patients loses about 70% of their excess weight. But as with any average, there are people who lose more or less than that. There are people out there, including on this site, who have lost 90-100% of their excess weight, so it can be done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Angienharry said:

Our stats are almost identical!
I’m 48, BMI 41, and I’m 5’1; this is exactly what I was hoping for! I’ve seen some charts that just don’t seem realistic. May I ask if you had the bypass or sleeve?

Yay, similar-stat-sister! LOL

I had the sleeve in Oct 2018. So that makes me 1 year, 7 months out today.

I reached goal at 7 months and then lost a few more lbs after that. Today, my BMI is 21.0 (or 48.5% total body weight lost from surgery day...its a little more if I count the 2 week-pre-op liquid diet, but not by much).

I do want to say though, that based on what I've read on these forums, I was one of the "faster" losers, not a superstar, but def a little higher than average. I was pretty strict during weight loss phase, and I was exercising regularly by month 3 (and still do).

Here's a pic collage I created for my 18-month milestone mark that shows the weight loss progression. It's funny because I would NEVER show people pics of me obese (let alone ALLOW my pic to be taken), but now I'm actually kinda proud of showing my before pics. Go figure.

I'm excited for you, and sincerely hope you reach any and all goals you set for yourself. Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Yay, similar-stat-sister! LOL

I had the sleeve in Oct 2018. So that makes me 1 year, 7 months out today.

I reached goal at 7 months and then lost a few more lbs after that. Today, my BMI is 21.0 (or 48.5% total body weight lost from surgery day...its a little more if I count the 2 week-pre-op liquid diet, but not by much).

I do want to say though, that based on what I've read on these forums, I was one of the "faster" losers, not a superstar, but def a little higher than average. I was pretty strict during weight loss phase, and I was exercising regularly by month 3 (and still do).

Here's a pic collage I created for my 18-month milestone mark that shows the weight loss progression. It's funny because I would NEVER show people pics of me obese (let alone ALLOW my pic to be taken), but now I'm actually kinda proud of showing my before pics. Go figure.

I'm excited for you, and sincerely hope you reach any and all goals you set for yourself. Good Luck!

Absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing your pics. That’s really inspiring for me especially since we have similar build/age etc. I started saving for plastics when I decided to have the surgery almost a year ago. I was approved in December but due to the surgeons schedule I couldn’t in until March and then was on my liquid diet and covid derailed everyone. But not looking back, only forward!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be 6 months out on Tuesday, and I'm down 72 lbs from surgery date (113 from start). I've still got a ways to go as I had a higher BMI to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2020 at 5:11 AM, Angienharry said:

What was your weight loss after 6 months and what was you starting weight? Trying to work at setting a realistic goal.

6 months after beginning my diet journey.

I had lost 150lbs but I was very strict on myself... started at 322... 6ft0 Male.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×