Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At what point did you realize that the operation was the best (Or one of the best) decisions you have ever made? I’m approaching 6 months and I’m getting there. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but it’s been good. I’ve asked myself this question many times but dropping my BMI a couple categories and taking into account the virus risk factors, I’m pretty happy about the decision and I’m almost ready to say best decision I’ve ever made for my health. With that being said I am super afraid of going backwards and hope I can keep that fear.

Im almost a year out and I can definitely share in your thoughts but am already sure it was the best dern thing Ive done. I wonder why I didnt do it sooner. Im almost 6 foot and was over 325 pounds so it has been a huge relief to get to the size that I am now. I can now fall down without majorly hurting myself and it hurting like a sob.

As for the maintenence phase, I share the same concerns. I have hit my first milestone at 176 lbs and am trying to stay here for a few weeks or so in order to see how much I can eat and stay at the same weight. I still want to lose just a tad more though.

After the shock and awe wore off and i got used to eating less and getting healthy, was about 6 months when i realized this is the new me! Take it or leave it. Now as i have finished the weight loss and switching gears to staying at this weight I do realize I did the right thing

Dont get me wrong there are days i can not eat and get second doubts but I had to do it

I'd go with six months as well. I was seeing results, feeling good and eating a broader range of foods.

I will admit that for the first six weeks or so i was regretting the decision and thought I had made a huge mistake, but I now realize is was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I've been really happy with the decision all along. I'm 1.5 years out. At first, when I was dropping a noticeable amount of weight each month, I was just super happy. I'm very wary of regain and just do my best to exercise and eat healthy, low calorie food every day.

A lot of people say they wish they had had it sooner, but I wasn't really ready any sooner. I'm also glad I waited until there were some relatively long-term outcomes on the Sleeve.

Edited by JessLess

I'm a little over 4 months out, but I feel the best I've felt in years, and can't wait to see what the future holds for me!! I wish I'd done it sooner, but am also thankful that once I made the decision to do it, my surgeon got me in rather quickly.

It's funny, b/c with quarantine, I'm really able to focus on myself and my family. If I hadn't had the surgery, I can imagine that this time period would have been full of depression and weight gain.

I'm so appreciative of my new lease on life!!!

Honestly I was already thinking that it was going to be one of the best decisions I have ever made the first week of pre-op. I had lost 8+ lbs that first week, and that basically set the tone for this whole journey for me. My mindset had done a total 180.

The day I came home from the hospital I was off blood pressure meds.

By the end of the first week, Mr. commented that I no longer snore; I no longer had to get up to pee multiple times in the night, and slept like a baby.

By the end of the first month, I was off my cholesterol pills, had more energy than I had in years, and was down 4 pants sizes.

Even though my stomach hurt like a b*tch that first week and couldn't stand up straight, that getting up and down from a seated/laying position was torture, that i felt like I exploded when I coughed (or sneezed! omg), that I was constipated for almost two weeks, that I had to relearn how to eat so that I would NOT projectile vomit that first month, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Best. Decision. Ever.

If there was one thing I would have done differently (other than not letting myself get to my pre-op weight in the first place), it would be that I would have done this sooner.

❤️

On 5/5/2020 at 12:34 AM, catwoman7 said:

it's definitely been the best health decision I'VE ever made...

That’s awesome!

Yeah within 6 months post op I hit goal and everyone now calls me skinny and I feel like a new man..