Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

On 05/25/2020 at 10:46, colormehappy said:



6/2! I start my 7 day pre-op diet tomorrow. I’m surprised that I really haven’t been having a food funeral. I’ve been using up some food already in the house that I don’t want to toss, and I plan to have a send off burrito tonight. Lol. But otherwise just keeping up on my walking and Water.


I too am June 2nd!! I also am on the pre-op diet, which isn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Main thing is trying to get in enough Water considering I work nights. But I’m slowly figuring out ways to do that as well. Good luck with your procedure!! Keep in touch my surgery twin:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/26/2020 at 08:58, Jllombana27 said:

June 2nd , in Miami. My docs office has been open since May

Me too! But in NJ. Good luck with your procedure!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Takoda said:

I too am June 2nd!! I also am on the pre-op diet, which isn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Main thing is trying to get in enough Water considering I work nights. But I’m slowly figuring out ways to do that as well. Good luck with your procedure!! Keep in touch my surgery twin:)

I fee like the pre-op diet would be a breeze if I didn't live with my two young boys and my husband. I don't expect them to change their diets and I do the cooking, so I've just been trying to keep super busy to keep my mind off food!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tentatively set for 6/16. So long as insurance approves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am scheduled June 17th. I start my pre-op diet June 3rd.

Holy smokes, it's happening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Surgery (Bypass) has been moved UP from June 29th to June 9th. All the sudden I don't feel ready! Only have to do 3 days liquid beforehand. Ready with my Bone Broth and Jello. I feel like stopping Nsaids 8 days before will be the most challenging part. Anybody else doing Bypass? I'm trying to stay calm. I just lost 20 days of mind-prep! EEK!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m scheduled for June 12, can’t wait. Hitting some stores tomorrow to pre test some different Protein solutions. Mostly worried about Water intake. I drink between 1-2 liters of water a night in my sleep. Since I was a child I can’t fall asleep unless I have water next to me. I drink large gulps in my sleep so I’ll have to make some changes to ensure I don’t do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm scheduled for June 11 and suppose to start my two week pre-op diet today, but they just called me today and I'm not prepared with the Protein Drinks. I'll be out shopping tomorrow morning to stock up. My original date was in April. They said someone would call me about pre-op testing.

I'm actually glad it's a last minute thing so I won't have time to worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hospital is not doing them here yet due to covid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm scheduled for 6/3! Excited and nervous all combined; I've never had major surgery. I've never spent a night in a hospital (other than when I gave birth to my daughters). Day 8 of the pre-op all liquid diet. Any surgery twins out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, I hope you all are staying safe during these trying times. I'm scheduled for June 5th. I'm nervous because mine is a revision to bypass from sleeve. I'm going to Tijuana. Anybody want share if they're going there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, havethree said:

I'm scheduled for 6/3! Excited and nervous all combined; I've never had major surgery. I've never spent a night in a hospital (other than when I gave birth to my daughters). Day 8 of the pre-op all liquid diet. Any surgery twins out there?

I’m 6/2! So close!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, havethree said:

I'm scheduled for 6/3! Excited and nervous all combined; I've never had major surgery. I've never spent a night in a hospital (other than when I gave birth to my daughters). Day 8 of the pre-op all liquid diet. Any surgery twins out there?

Havethree! Not quite a surgery twin but I'm June 9th and also have never been in the hospital except childbirth! What Protein Shake are you liking? I don't feel ready for the post op weeks one which I hear is reallY challenging. What is everyone doing to prepare? I bought a body pillow, Protein Powder, gas X, a heating pad, a new blender, Bone Broth, and some 2 ox portion cups to prepare little Jello and pudding servings with Protein powder in them. I plan to do a big shop next week. Trying to put together a list. Anyone have a shopping list already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, It's time. said:

I'm scheduled for June 11 and suppose to start my two week pre-op diet today, but they just called me today and I'm not prepared with the Protein Drinks. I'll be out shopping tomorrow morning to stock up. My original date was in April. They said someone would call me about pre-op testing.

I'm actually glad it's a last minute thing so I won't have time to worry.

That's a good way to look at it. They just moved mine from the 29th to the 9th and I'm in a bit of a panic but yes! Less time to FREAK OUT! I keep wondering if I should have a big last meal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MaybeMeow said:

That's a good way to look at it. They just moved mine from the 29th to the 9th and I'm in a bit of a panic but yes! Less time to FREAK OUT! I keep wondering if I should have a big last meal.

How long do you have to be on the pre-op diet? It really seems everyone has something different. I am having a last big meal. My birthday is june 13 and I won't be able to eat so my family is coming over, we will order in and I'll have one piece of cake. A combo celebration of birthday/finally getting surgery and managing the pandemic as best we could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×