Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2020 surgeries

@pandajimjams183 I understand. COVID has been hard on a lot of people and I'm sure having your kids at home doesn't make preparing for your surgery any easier. Don't look at the mistakes you made yesterday, start making whatever changes you need to now. It's never too late to get on the right foot. While I think @Superman84 advice is coming from the right place, the delivery could definitely have been better. You'll be fine and you will be successful as long as you start making the necessary changes today. This should be a place of support, and it is. Your journey is just starting, and as you struggle and have bad days, we'll be here to support you

I should know in 20 mins, eakkkkk!

June 9th!!! Finally!

14 hours ago, pandajimjams183 said:

I’m self pay so the only requirement is the 10 day liver diet.
I think quarantine has hit me hard. I have 3 children home schooling and a full time job working from home. There’s a lot of traffic going around in my head at the moment.

I totally get it. I'm with you. In the exact same situation. Self-pay. Eating, gaining, Everlasting food funeral, children+ covid+postponement disappointment. etc. Hoping to be re-scheduled in June. Will have a 1 week Liver diet. Trying desperately to find a Protein Drink I enjoy. Best of luck to you. Hope I can join this group!

Edited by MaybeMeow
forgot a line.

22 hours ago, MaybeMeow said:

I totally get it. I'm with you. In the exact same situation. Self-pay. Eating, gaining, Everlasting food funeral, children+ covid+postponement disappointment. etc. Hoping to be re-scheduled in June. Will have a 1 week Liver diet. Trying desperately to find a Protein drink I enjoy. Best of luck to you. Hope I can join this group!

So far, the only Protein drink I enjoy is Fairlife. I’m hoping I like a few others after surgery.

Yea I tried many products before I found the right one and I love it and I just use Water with my shakes and maybe a lil coffee.

June 8th for me

I am! 6/9!

6/2! I start my 7 day pre-op diet tomorrow. I’m surprised that I really haven’t been having a food funeral. I’ve been using up some food already in the house that I don’t want to toss, and I plan to have a send off burrito tonight. Lol. But otherwise just keeping up on my walking and Water.

June 26

June 2nd , in Miami. My docs office has been open since May

Got my date! June 29th! Doing Bypass after a lot of back and forth. Still room to switch to Sleeve if I change my mind but just spent an hour with my surgeon and he really sold me on the bypass. My BMI is 36 and my EGD looked good so he said it was my choice but he considered Bypass to be the Gold Standard. I worry about dumping and malabsorbtion but I struggle with GERD so... I hope it's the right decision. Now to find a Protein drink I can tolerate. Glad to join this group. I'm keep this a secret from everyone except my husband so I look forward to finding the support I need here and to be some support in return. Onward! ~ Meow.

I’m in Tiajuana right now. Have my VSG tomorrow. Very excited, not really nervous. Time to start this new life. I quit caffeine a couple months ago and dreaded giving up my Decaf coffee with cream, didn’t think I could do it. Started Clear Liquids yesterday, no problem. No problem today either. It’s all in the head. I had to do the 1 week pre op diet but I actually started it about 2 weeks ago and then got perfectly strict 9 days ago. Keto stripped my urine this morning and it was large meaning I’m in Ketosis which is very good because it means my liver has used up all the glycogen stores. I’ve been hungry these past two days due to the liquid diet and when my stomach starts grumbling I just down some Jello and hot tea or my lemon Water. Just an FYI for everyone when you do the liquid pre-op, absolutely make sure you get Bone Broth which has 10 grams of Protein. Protein is Very important for preventing muscle wasting, promoting healing and keeping you a little bit fuller.